Shaman DoTs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinchos, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Galleyan Augur

Maybe when they finally do bring this travesty down upon necros people will ACTUALLY be more upset by it. They still will ignore us, but at least there will be a larger population of pissed off players.
  2. Daykin Journeyman

As a necro, we've watched what happened to druids and shamans with extreme trepidation.
  3. Daykin Journeyman

How are there no solid answers ? You don't like what the tooltips or the data chart that was linked showed so that's not solid for you ? You don't like the math that showed a 54% decrease from patch 2 to patch 3 on shaman dot damage?

What about the idea that Ebolt does less damage now then it did when you could stack it ?

Here's the answers:

1. Are you parsing higher, lower, or the same in comparison to before the change? Lower
    2. Are you casting less or more now? Less
    3. Are you more or less mana efficient when running all the same dots in comparison to before the change? This is impossible because you can't run all the same dots anymore. THEY DONT STACK! This is the problem right here. It was a double nerf, nerfed damage for spells that werent powerful in the first place, then remvoed stacking which effectively halved dot dps on mobs.
  4. steiner Augur

I was contacted by a dev and was told they purposely double nerfed shaman because they want to see me go paladin again for agnarr and will be un nerfing shaman dots once they've verified I'm a paladin and they get a good laugh.
  5. Galleyan Augur

Another Monday... Another week to say literally anything.
  6. Daykin Journeyman

Dots are still broken on progression servers.. HEY LOOK AGNARR!

Irony being, if this stays in place, people are gonna see it right away in May because its the lower dots that got it worst. Necros and Shamans and of course druids.
    Taladir likes this.
  7. Auedar Elder

It's obviously a scheme to get rid of the "lesser" healers so everyone who wants to heal rolls a cleric.
  8. Old Man Elder

I'm trying to phrase this in a way that devs will notice:

In direct contrast with the release notes, on TLP servers, Shaman poison DoT's are now doing much less damage per second than they did before any changes were made (and much MUCH less damage than they did for a brief period when the first round of changes were implemented and then "fixed" as of this latest release).

I really think that devs just assume that we're complaining about these latest changes in relation to the first change, but that's not the case. We're comparing the current release versus the original coding, which in contradiction to the release notes is a nerf to both dps and total damage.

That's not even counting the lost ability to stack poison DoT's. This is not a complaint about lost stacking.

Please vote for DBG to address this issue here: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1450
  9. Daykin Journeyman

THIS
    Old Man likes this.
  10. Sharnhorst Journeyman

Old Man likes this.
  11. Reht The Dude abides...

Aristo doesn't interact on these forums and hasn't in years (if ever - i don't remember if he did before the forums change over), only during beta.
  12. Galleyan Augur

I think I give up. I have no intention of playing a shaman or druid on Agnarr, so I was just trying to help you guys out keeping this bumped up. It's pretty clear they don't care to comment *OR* change it, in spite of overwhelming evidence that they have screwed something up.

Best of luck, gentlemen.
    Old Man likes this.
  13. Daykin Journeyman

Would be nice just to see "We're looking into it" even..not this dead silence.
  14. Hadesborne Augur

Absor, PLEASE look into this. Poison DOTs are doing LESS damage than they did before any changes happened, and now they don't stack. I have posted previously the information that affects both Necros and Shaman.
    BUT, in the interest of re-hashing the info to keep the info fresh in people's minds. HERE:

It's is pretty simple. The original damage was considered balanced well after the original class balancing years ago. There is no need to reduce these balanced numbers and then double nerf the classes that use them by making them unable to be stacked.

What SHOULD have happened:

E-Bolt was doing 110DD + 146/tick and stacking
    Ebolt SHOULD be doing 261DD + 167/tick (basing these numbers to be in line with the % change to plague)

VoS was doing 40DD + 114/tick
    VoS SHOULD be doing 48DD + 133/tick (basing these numbers to be in line with the % change to scourge)

Now if THESE were the new numbers, you would get quite a bit less complaining from classes. Sure they are still nerfs due to the lack of stacking options, BUT at least they would be ABOVE the original spell damage numbers.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ABSOR HELP US!!!!
    MBear, Old Man and Taladir like this.
  15. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L68cCHgj-XoNB99VMvwnyQRCwNCKo0noz4_ifh3LpqM/edit#gid=0

Can yall proof this and make sure these numbers are right? It seems like the devs are just straight up ignoring the examples we've provided so I decided I'd spreadsheet out all the changed spells from 1 to 80 and color code it for easy comparison. I didn't include spells that had duration changes. You can see that past level 75 everything looks fine, which is why I stopped at 90 and didn't bother going all the way to 105 (this was a pain in the to make).

If this all looks correct I'd like to add it to the tracker and the bugs thread. This data is sourced from eqresources.com which is linked in relevant the column headers.
    MBear likes this.
  16. Old Man Elder

I find myself playing less and less when the dps and total damage of my best dps spell (Bane of Nife) has been nerfed 50% (from 250/tick to 125/tick) and made unstackable, while the release notes tell me that it's actually doing much more damage than before and therefore I should be pleased.

I am not pleased at the dps nerf, the total damage nerf, the release notes , the devs' silence, and while I can live without (exploit-y) stacking, it is just more icing on the cake of .

Shaman solo kill rate is down, group viability just took another hit, and combine this with instances that disappear as soon as they appear, it's definitely unhappiness time for a solo'er/grouper/non-raider. Woe unto Shaman!
  17. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Sigh. 2nd page.
  18. WilfordBrimley New Member

Wonder if we will hear anything this week... Surely this will be the week!
  19. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

We've yet to see a single TA on our Time raids and at this point I'm starting to wonder which I'll see first: a TA drop or a dev acknowledging our dots were broken in March.
  20. Daykin Journeyman

Do we know when they start to normalize ? What's the first dot that inst ridiculously bad now? The first one that is true to what the patch notes said (better than it was before )