Shaman DoTs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pinchos, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Fistosaurus New Member

PathToEternity and Old Man like this.
  2. Old Man Elder

Voted and watched. My poor Shaman spent his whole life, and some previous lives as well, knowing dots to be one basic way: Disease = mana efficient slow burn, Poison = expensive DPS. Now the whole world's been turned upside down. Is nothing sacred?
  3. Catashe Augur

techincally it still is.. cept DPS is a matter of opinion now for poisons... lol
  4. Daykin Journeyman

This is a joke, it needs to be hotfixed immediately. Already poor dps of dots was double nerfed. If they are unwilling to spend the time on tlp era dots, dont change them. Let them still stack.
  5. FluttyMan Elder

It's ok dudes, Rangers on phinny can HS for 75000 damage.

Fair and Balanced.
  6. Sharnhorst Journeyman

7. Ryak Augur

As someone who doesn't even play a shaman, it seems to me like these changes aren't reasonable at the level 65 range.

It seems to me like they scaled the entire line of dots completely ignoring the lower levels.
  8. Old Man Elder

Still need more votes from the community! Shaman are already an odd rarely single boxed class whose best skills (mob slowing, melee buffing) got mega nerfed over time as slow-mitigating mobs and max-stat tanks became the norm. Don't push them down even further, man. Have a heart, DBG!
  9. rciv12345 New Member

Jumped on my 55 Shammy last night. Damn, the difference was so noticable. Made me log off within 30 minutes even with the bonus EXP. Needs to be fixed asap!
    Old Man likes this.
  10. Galleyan Augur

Druids should be upvoting this too. A fix for one is likely a fix for all. Let's go bois.
    Old Man likes this.
  11. Old Man Elder

Vote for fixing Dots (to align Dots with release notes) here:

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1450

My only regret is that I have but one vote to give for my shammy.

Ask not what your shammy can do for you. Ask what you can do for your shammy!
  12. Haihai New Member

The fact remains it's 2017 and they should have ZERO issues applying a patch to live servers versus TLP. The spells rules are all pulled from one database you say??? Then have separate rules databases.. Change your connection strings on TLP servers to point to the TLP database and leave that alone unless you have a patch that needs applied to both. It CAN NOT be that complicated to roll out changes.
    Old Man likes this.
  13. Taladir Augur

Upvoted and made my guild aware of the ticket so they could look at it as well.
    Old Man likes this.
  14. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Look, I am not advocating for things to stay the same or anything here, but it is my guess that you have ZERO development background and have no flipping CLUE what goes into changes in a game database or pushing said changes to a live database MEANS. So unless you are going to whip out your wallet and bankroll a whole sub-division of QA testing for Daybreak, please don't offer up simple-minded solutions like you ACTUALLY know how this works.
  15. Zanarnar Augur

Well he isn't wrong; but EQ doesn't use anything as fancy as a database it seems. I'd go as far as to guess its reading most things from fixed length fields in flat text files just based on how often they screw things up making what should be simple changes to the game.

So yes; while it could be as simple a having the client load a different rule set when you log into phinny vs say The Rathe; it appears their backend is so archaic that its just not possible for them. You also might want to lower the dial on your douchebaggyness. If you know specifics about how their backend is setup why not share them and the reasons why they can't do something simple like this? Otherwise your just an .
    Mad_Mikey likes this.
  16. Ryak Augur

Getting the thread closed by personally attacking eachother would probably be counterproductive...
  17. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

First of all, I never claimed to know how they do updates or maintenance on the game, I was simply stating that 99% of the posters on these boards ALSO have no idea what goes into development and should chill out with the demands being made. It is asinine to think that just because someone comes here with a badly worded, short-sighted complaint the devs should FUNDAMENTALLY change the way they update the game to appease that person. If it makes me come across as "douchebaggy" to point this fact out, then so be it.

I feel like some people assume EQ has a team of developers like Blizz or something. Its like five people guys, chill out.
  18. rciv12345 New Member

Who cares. Let's get back on topic. These DoT's need fixing.
    Old Man and Galleyan like this.
  19. Old Man Elder

Yep, more votes needed please, for the poor forgotten shamans. We only want to buff you up! Please vote:

https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/EQ-1450
  20. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ldzadTeyFkrLPjIHwGef_PYHm2W9irytOKzqbbW8efs/edit?usp=sharing

I believe I have gotten all the numbers correct here. This is all pulled by hand from Lucy.

Important to take note that on many spells the upper level limit was raised, so we're farther down the scale at any given point. Plus we can't stack the previous dot(s) so DPS is missing post consolidation.

I am tempted to remove the middle tab because people keep wanting to make comparisons based off it. The middle tab doesn't mean jack . Only comparisons between the first and third matter.
    Old Man likes this.