Ragefire Server - Coming Soon!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, May 11, 2015.

1. Freebirrd Journeyman

waaaa. stop hating.
  2. Mardy Augur

Technically, ESO went mostly without a hitch at launch, true. Design wise, or class balance, it was completely whack. People were exploiting broken mechanics and badly balanced classes/abilities (vampires & dragon knights) ingame to gain PvP advantages. They were literally invulnerable in PvP. Not to mention the severe lag during sieges at certain locations. For PvE it was a mess with the way instances worked. You couldn't group with friends to help them on quests you had already done, you had trouble getting a group into the same instances, etc.. Things have been fixed and tweaked by now, but let's not pretend launch was all fine and dandy for ESO.

There are always things unforeseen with these transitions from beta to live servers. This lvl 50 issue was not reported by any beta testers during beta, and many have tried a lot of class/race/deity combinations and never found any problems. Sometimes things just break when you take a perfectly good dataset and database from beta onto live. It's the way it is, just as I know while I beta for GW2's new expansion now, there will be bugs and broken things when expansion launches.

TL;DR, crap happens when you combine gaming and internet.
  3. Ishbu Augur

Dont get me wrong, Im fine with the server being down on launch day. I just believe we should expect better in 2015. Its not like other games havent pulled it off.
  4. Jadefox Augur

5. Mardy Augur

Aside from a random mishap where random lvl 50 heroic characters were granted for unknown reasons, the server otherwise did fine. I call this a fluke because I've never seen a server get taken down due to heroic characters before. In this case I don't think it's a matter of expecting better, it's just a matter of crap happens when you least expect it.
  6. Arkiln New Member

So i just logged into the server, fear not 5 level 50's logged in.
  7. dc.hawkeyegold Lorekeeper

I logged in and WAS level 50. I immediately logged out and deleted thinking the whole time about the crybabies who were calling for us exploiters to be banned for 2 weeks.
  8. Romance Augur

9. Lawful Evil New Member

The ride never ends.
  10. Batman_Ragefire New Member

Finally get the name... Day Break = "Break on Day One". How dumb of me not to get it before.
  11. Batman_Ragefire New Member

And I'm Batman.
  12. Osco Journeyman

I logged on and created two toons on two different accounts. Wood Elf Druid was Level 1, but the other was a Level 50 Wood Elf Warrior.

I saw Prathun standing outside the Kelethin Warrior Guild and I instantly got booted and my computer is at the server select screen. Ragefire is Locked.

Next, on my other account, I saw this broadcast from Prathun:
    [Wed May 20 17:19:01 2015] Prathun BROADCASTS, 'If you made a 50, delete it now or your name won't be available.'

But how can I delete him? He got booted and the server is locked!

I didn't make him 50 on purpose. :( It isn't fair if that name is no longer available.
  13. Batman_Ragefire New Member

Can't. Company is broken on the break of dawn.
    Kravitz likes this.
  14. Tyche Elder

wtf, I want my name.

Try not blaming your customers for your repeated screw ups.
    Barton likes this.
  15. Weverley Augur

I can see daybreak people working very late tonight so many things to fix.
  16. silverback Journeyman

Are all the servers down, I keep getting a connection cannot be reached when I try to login to see the servers? Just installed the client. I tried logging into the beta client and I can login to see the server and it shows beta server is locked. Is my normal client broke?
  17. unbalanced New Member

18. Freekus New Member

seems the login server crashed :(
  19. yellowzombie Elder

I was wondering the same. I can't even get to server selection. Haven't been able to for about 30 minutes now.
  20. Absor Developer

Login is being hammered, that's why folks can't log in. We'll announce when the server comes up (hopefully it will be all fixed and will stay up), so there isn't any need to bang on it trying to get in.

A
    Ecalie and Ducreux like this.