Ragefire Exceeded Expectations - What Now?

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, May 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complexication Kassina

Ragefire's schtick was 'Play like it's 1999!', in order to entice the veterans and those used the old school ways of playing into either coming back to the game, or for the love of nostalgia.

You want to bring back the way of old school and bring 'massively multiplayer online' back to it's true meaning? then make Lockjaw impossible to box in.

I don't want to hear this 'go play p99 if you don't want to deal with boxers' bs. I pour my money into eq for a reason. I wanted to play on ragefire for a reason. I haven't been able to do much but create a character because boxers hog slots for their own gain. Yeah, the queue system is great but when you have to stay on server select to ensure you'll get in is a little impossible, especially when server select will time you out and boot you off if you lay idle waiting.

It's not fair, and never has been fair to the community and playerbase as a whole to have one person with their six mage box team annihilate the raid mobs within three days of server being up (as seen in conversations on the live servers) before any of us even have the chance. Y'all see it as another subscription to fund the game, I see it as a game breaking catastrophe.
  2. RageFired New Member

I will 100% go to the new server with the same ruleset, providing i can transfer off of RageFire.
  3. OldAsYouAre New Member

Six mages wrecking everything in the game, so they can reach end game content, just reeks of plat sellers. Who else would really spend that much money, on six accounts, to rush though content ?
    complexication likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

By the time Lockjaw launches, Ragefire population will level out.

Will there be a common name list for both servers?

P.S. Don't forget about the regular servers!
  5. Mappo Runt New Member

If they state the server is non boxer friendly and later implement the fix/code then the people that are boxing would be aware of the rules violation and cant complain about getting banned.
  6. Baulkin Augur

Have both servers share unlock timers and set a threshold at which point a merge happens. It's the only way this will work without at least one server turning into a ghost town.
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  7. Streaks New Member

Please, for the love of god, stop the bots from ruining EQ. Let Ragefire keep the bots, let Lockjaw be free of them. I will definitely play on Lockjaw.
  8. Koschei Journeyman

On balance I would be against character transfers. The reasoning for this is that it just perpetuates the same behavior as on Ragefire and now one group of players who raced to the end with the help of groups of boxed characters, to be controlling content on two servers. I think that privilege has to be earned, and so it's reasonable to expect everyone to start again. After all there is less than a week invested in this so far, it's not a stretch to expect people to begin once again based on the long term health of the server.

It just seems there is more bad than good that can come of allowing transfer before the first vote. Do other players agree with this reasoning?

Also, I would like a slight twist in the rules, give us a reason to decide between them, are DBG open to maybe allowing a different rule set?. Do you want us to ask to vote one more time, as I think you are missing out on an opportunity to capture a different set of players, and just offering an overflow for the hugely successful Ragefire. In the future, this leads to complications with merging, by having two distinct options helps foster two different communities. Don't sell yourselves short with a copy of Ragefire.
  9. Deavirtus Lorekeeper

Roshen, Holly and whomever else.
    I appreciate the second server, but (as I've said before) It's silly to make it the same ruleset. You would be much better served by a second server that has a different one. You had several different idea when you offered the vote, pick the second highest for votes. I understand the idea of "Oh if we just do a clone it would get it out there faster' but honestly ask yourselves if in this case faster is better.
    Otherwise we are doing the same thing over expecting different results.
    Thank you
    Niombi of Ragefire
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. Maginus Lorekeeper

I don't believe you
  11. Zoggzog Elder

What's that? There's a huge demand for slow progression servers? So much so, that you have to make a second server just to handle the demand? Golly, who could have EVER guessed such a thing might happen? Oh, that's right, EVERYONE on the forums. You have these forums for a reason, maybe start putting a little more stock in what your Elders are saying.

Seriously guys, this is clownshoes.
    Fallfyres, Sendori and Mezrah like this.
  12. Kasuka Lorekeeper

So does the inability to find anything to kill.
    Pukk, Sendori and Katmandu26 like this.
  13. Koschei Journeyman

They may not have the hardware yet, and then they have to add the server credentials and security to other areas of their infrastructure, I don't think it's just a case of plugging in a new Alienware sadly.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  14. Glistarian Augur

Transfers- Raid content dead on day 1.
    No transfers- Raid content dead by day 4.

It really doesn't matter much in that regard.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Glistarian Augur

One would imagine splitting the population would cure that problem.
  16. Cronar Elder

I am tired of seeing people whine about boxers. They pay the sub, they can play.

As long as they don't automate, they are doing nothing wrong.
    Pukk, Mayfaire, Sendori and 1 other person like this.
  17. Fizzle Augur

The team is now diligently working to prep a second progression server, Lockjaw, with the same ruleset as Ragefire. We are aiming to have Lockjaw available to players as soon as possible,

Can you tell us if transfers would be free? Would you plan on merging the servers at any point?
  18. Krizem Augur

Well said Glistarian. That said, I think this is the best we could expect. As we can see, everyone has their own set of demands.
  19. Krizem Augur

I think if we just remove voting, and make the timelines coincide exactly, we can leave open the option to merge at any time.
    Riley likes this.
  20. Gluuter New Member

How about Ragefire with pvp 4 team server like Vallon Zek .
    This is the game that got me hooked , battle the forces of good and live like a real troll , wet & evil.
    Gluuter
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.