Please increase other tanks abilities to match SK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raylen, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p8aa Elder

In this discussion, AE aggro is using pure AE aggro abilities.
    Cycling through targets and applying single target aggro is not AE aggro. It can be done by either tank.
    So you cannot list this as a warrior advantage.

Because it's taking some time to figure out how many abilities paladins have to generate AE aggro ?
    You don't need to play the class to figure out their AE aggro abilities.

If knights can MT all raids bosses of an expansion from start to the end, like warriors, then they are equal to warriors in MT raid bosses. Equal or very close mitigation is just playing with words.
  2. Warpeace Augur

There are five stages to this. Denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

At some point it will happen. Apparently were still in the first stage 6 pages later.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  3. DaciksBB Augur

Do you not know how rune aggro works? If you have a rune proc in your weapon, you're generating much more than 1k aggro per proc
  4. Seldom Augur

Hint: If you’re using right setup Rage of Rallos is one of best AE aggro generating abilities in game. Learn to actually “listen” to Warriors that are obviously far more knowledgeable than you and learn some neat tricks.
    Thanks for the giggles though
  5. Allayna Augur

This weeks on VS:

/GU Tanking summary for: Paladin| Total Melee | Damage: 9492722 | Avg hit: 32398 | Attempts: 401 | Riposted: 3/401 [0.75%] | Dodged: 2/398 [0.5%] | Blocked: 11/396 [2.78%] | Defended: 16/401 [3.99%] | Missed: 91/385 [23.64%] | Hits: 294/385 [76.36%] | Absorbed: 1/294 [0.34%] | Real Hits: 293/294 [99.66%]

/GU Tanking summary for: Warrior| Total Melee | Damage: 6835765 | Avg hit: 31501 | Attempts: 334 | Riposted: 3/334 [0.9%] | Parried: 22/331 [6.65%] | Defended: 25/334 [7.49%] | Missed: 87/309 [28.16%] | Hits: 222/309 [71.84%] | Absorbed: 5/222 [2.25%] | Real Hits: 217/222 [97.75%]

Warrior mitigation could use a boost imo.

Or....increase our abilities as tanks as a whole to dodge/parry/riposte/defend/block and leave mitigation where it is.

To be thorough, here's my heal parse on that event of me tanking:

/GU -vs- Venril Sathir, Paladin was healed by: | Self: 2206628 | Shaman: 1379481 | Cleric: 1212356 | Warrior: 1166145 | Cleric: 847189 | Cleric: 834583 | Cleric: 631213

Paladin's can tank and heal fine, I know it's been said in other areas, but some of our abilities, ie: stun, AoV, direct vs ae aggro have lagged behind the other knight.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

That is a very apples and oranges comparison.

So many things wrong with it, context.

sword and board vs dual wield.

the knight took 20% more attempts, not nearly enough attempts on either to balance out rng either way.
  7. Leigo You come here often?

you should work on how you war then. I've watched plenty of war do 200k+ dps while tanking in grp. Wars have the best mit of all tanks and get the highest ac bonuses from all sources. Wars have at least 2 area aggro abilities I'm aware of and in single aggro are almost unmatched. This seems like you should get more info on your class before asking for things you already have. GL
  8. Leigo You come here often?

6 is greater then 1!
    Hi WP!
  9. Leigo You come here often?

seems to me from a grp stance your buddies should be assisting rather then killing stuff you're not on.
    from a raid standpoint there should be more then 1 knight picking up adds, sure it might be ok for one to AE aggro out the gate with SF or Deflection, but before those tick down other knights should be picking them up, The same for War, no war should be tanking all the adds in raid, no way you're running 2-3 tanks in a raid and if you are then you should recruit more.

Sure some knights can tank raid bosses. But they have to know their abilities and the best way to combine them.. I've watched a war tank raid bosses with no discs running, sk/pal do that and they die or spike every other round until they die.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.