Please increase other tanks abilities to match SK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raylen, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p8aa Elder

I'm in a high end raiding guild that has beaten the expansion long time ago. I maintain what I said. Get better paladins.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Wait NVM new member that dosent post with their mains name.
  3. p8aa Elder

Try a knight MT a raid boss. They do it as good as warriors. There is no warrior HP advantage, with Knight Defiant Stance. The nerf to knight disc up time didn't change the fact knights are very worthwhile MT on raid bosses.
  4. p8aa Elder

Can you give us the result of putting your best SK in your best full ADPS groups ? Also putting paladins in your best full ADPS groups on undead bosses ?
    Zarzac likes this.
  5. p8aa Elder

Paladins can spam Valiant Defense and hold AE aggro very well.
  6. Laronk Augur

I think that would just stop the healer from getting agro. casting that spell isnt going to stop anyone who uses an ae from getting agro.
  7. Dawdle Augur

Why just increase other tanks abilities to match SK's? Why not increase other class's abilities also?
    SK's are like the one stop shop for playing all content these days. So many other classes are lacking the means to solo and or molo content, EoK/RoS named mobs, ect.
    Not that it matters sense everyone that wasn't an SK has re-rolled or is re-rolling one. On FV it seems like 60% of the server is running around on a SK. You know people want to play content.
  8. Maedhros High King

This is totally incorrect.
    Yes, Knights have Defiant Stance, but good raiding guilds ensure that warriors always have Savage Growth.

Defiant Stance Rk. III
    8: Increase Max HP by 24857

Savage Growth Rk. III
    8: Increase Max HP by 22517

Advantage is 2340hp for the knight in this case.

Foob, the top warrior for HP on Magelo has 285494

I have the most HP of any knight on Magelo at 271366

Advantage warrior at 14128

Sum advantage of 11788 for the warrior, give or take based on some of mine or Foobs aug choices.
    I know there is an AA but cannot remember the name that is at least 9k additional full time HP for warriors.
    I'm guessing the rest comes down to greater return on investment for warriors with Natural Durability AA.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

Honestly, the op should just roll an SK instead of complaining.

SK's are strong tanks, but so are pallys and warriors.
    Maedhros likes this.
  10. Repthor Augur

Cant play eq unless you show the forum your ID and Social kk thx
  11. Allayna Augur

Where's P 2 aa been?
  12. Repthor Augur

13. Warpeace Augur

Start a new Knight discussion thread, he will pop up.
  14. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Nah. My warrior out-tanks my SK everyday and twice on Sunday. In every manner. The warrior's abilities have to be strategically planned out to a degree but that is a player skill issue. Being a good tank doesn't mean you just roll your face across the keyboard and balance from that.
  15. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

You can actually even dual wield with merc as patch healer and shaman\cleric doing alliance and HoTs. 99% of situations that's enough. I've beaten my rogue on parse with that setup. It actually surprised the hell out of me at the time.
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

And also too recall that there is a huge gap in game experiences when you have boxed real healers\merc and an actually real living person playing a cleric without boxing. I'm essentially a casual player who takes advantage of the ruleset on FV. I'm very well equipped warrior that likes\needs to box. I never play with a real healer played by a single player. I always box a healer though with a merc or two. For me that means I can tank 6 to 8 in ST in ROS. Puts me somewhere in the middle of those who can go with 15 to 20 or whatever "beast-mode" pertains to in your example and then the less equipped player trying to tank with just a merc. Making balancing calls when comparing these different groups is very iffy on the best day. On the worst day it's silly and unwise.
  17. p8aa Elder

Valiant Defense produce 2 k + AE hate around. It's enough to keep mobs around you that are not actively DPSed. Warriors are on the same boat with their 2 k AE hate aggro abilities.
  18. p8aa Elder

Savage growth cannot be cast by the warrior, you are dependant on another class. While defiant stance can be cast at will by a knight when he wants it.
    Even so, 10-15 k HP is not making a warrior able to MT a raid boss, and knights not being able to.
    My point still remains.
  19. p8aa Elder

20. p8aa Elder

Coming from someone who post from an anonymous account, it's really hilarious.
  21. Warpeace Augur

So your point is for Raid purposed thats utterly useless and a real group when people should not be held back it is useless yet again beside on a single target. Good gob pointing out the obvious.

For more casual play where everyone kills one mob at a time it might work....if they follow assist.

Complaining about a temp HP buff that a warrior is dependent on another class for is like complaining you need heals to do your job to tank. Care to complain you cant cast skin and symbol while your at it?
    Maedhros likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.