Please increase other tanks abilities to match SK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raylen, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IblisTheMage Augur

2. Brohg Augur

Yes, stacking a 1/10th uptime power with a 1/5th uptime power with a 1/3rd uptime power is pretty darned powerful for their 1 minute of overlap! Don't forget Spirit of the Bear, Imperator's Command, and 40aa Dragonscales!
  3. Warpeace Augur

/nod Bards!
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  4. Denial_Sinfae Augur

I feel sarcasm coming from this and not sure why.

Just discussing upper limits of temporary hit points.
  5. Fintank Augur

I think your problem is you think AOE agro starts and ends at just the AOE abilities, which is wrong. Like I said, it's a pain and annoying but it can be done. Tons of cycling, tons of single target agro between multiple mobs. You're also reciting all this math as if it is 100% fact and never changes, that's not how it works in-game in regards to agro generation.

I don't need a knight to MT raid bosses to know mitigation differences. I posted parses 2-3 months ago between Knights and Warrior mitigation on adds, warrior won. Somehow these tides will turn when tanking a raid boss? Highly unlikely. Perhaps you play with better Knights than Warriors and are stacking things you shouldn't. Since you like to post math that is not indicative of everything maybe you should try posting mitigation math (it's easier) and we'll see where you might be doing things wrong.
  6. Dreadmore Augur

Now you dunnit
    Wait till I get back home
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  7. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I'm not really disagreeing here at all, however, how do you avoid the assist on the part of dps peeps bouncing around as you cycle targets? I'm all with you on how you are building and maintaining aggro this way as a PLUS to the AE ways warriors do it.

I'm not much of a raider do to playtime restrictions but back in the day I did my fair share and dpsers do rely on a reliable assist system.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Main Assist generally shouldn't be a tank. And tanks should know if the main assist is directing people to target one of their mobs and aggro accordingly.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  9. p8aa Elder

Basically, you just confirmed that warrior AE aggro is not great as some people claim it to be. Because you need to do this : "tons of cycling, tons of single target aggro between multiples mobs".
    Btw paladins can do it too.
    In fact warrior and paladins are pretty similar in term of AE aggro power atm.

What matters is does the tank live or not when tanking raid boss. Who cares of the average hit if you can compensate it by other tools ? Once again, try with a knight. They live as good as warriors on raid bosses.
  10. Warpeace Augur

No, its not close if the Warrior is competent.
  11. p8aa Elder

In light of recent answer done in this thread, at this point you are just trolling.
    It's always fun to see some paladins on these forum downplaying their abilities to try to get more and more and more.
  12. Maedhros High King

Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself. You must be the only warrior in Everquest that believes his AE agro is as bad as a paladin. You need to learn more about your class before you come to the boards begging for help in problems that do not exist.

I have tanked Venril Sathir on Sathir Line, so what? The bosses on raids for the last several expansions are absurdly easy. A good warrior is better at it than I am because of several reasons, greater maximum hit-points, better mitigation and better disc up-time. These are FACTS, not opinions.
  13. Warpeace Augur

The only In light of the answers in this thread is you need to learn to Warrior better. If you are not able to out do a Paladin your guild needs to consider opening recruitment and look for a Warrior that can. Time after time your trying to create issues that just don't exist for Warriors other than your not able to do them. Thats what this really is about right?

Might want to take notice your the only Warrior here non stop being told no...thats not the way it is or works. Some have even explained why and you would rather not accept those answers and continue. If it was the case I guarantee Warriors with a lot of credibility would take a minute and post. Notice they post with their toons name and guild.

You still decline to identify what high end raid guild your in or toons name. Thats sorta embarrassing claiming to be in a high end raid guild and not have knowledge of the many complaints you have here.
  14. p8aa Elder

Read what a warrior of your guild posted. Truth is hurting so you resort to personal attack. You received a big AE aggro improvement and you still dare complaining "I suck and I want more" ? I would like to say I'm surprised, but coming from you and a bunch of your pallies friends I'm not. Maybe you should learn more about playing a paladin and AE aggro.

Knight mitigation is as good as warrior one. End of story.
  15. Fire_Wiz New Member

Yea, Shadowknights are fine.... They can just solo some VP named. Nothing to see here. Proceed to nerf other classes instead.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Someone call the NSA we need to request an unmasking.
  17. p8aa Elder

Yeah, resort to personal attack when you are running short of argument on the subject.

The fact is you have been unable to demonstrate that what I said was wrong. "Tons of cycling target and ton of single target aggro" to hold AE aggro. That's not me who said it, it's another warrior.
  18. Maedhros High King

You're trying to misquote what he said. He said that he can keep agro even when people are AE burning and not assisting by cycling targets.
    Valiant Defense has a really limited, small amount of AE hate generated via heal agro witness check.. You act like they gave paladins pre-nerf harmonious expanse for gods sake.

Knight mitigation is close, but not equal to warriors no matter how stridently you believe it, end of story.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Where is the personal attack? Did I hurt your feeling with taking observations from your posts and inability to take feedback? If your having the difficulties you insist exist you need to seek help from your fellow Warriors. But there are none coming here to back you up one bit. Your apparently on your own and refuse to seek answers instead of accuse and deny.

Insisting you raid in a high end guild and refusing to name the guild or yourself says plenty. I highly doubt a high end raid guild will accept keeping a Warrior on their roster that cant do their job efficiently, thats just a fact. High end guilds will cut and replace people if they are lacking, its not a personal attack....thats just the way it is, competition.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

During Skyfire raid, me spamming Valiant Defense on my soldier or veteran target now increases my hate on adjacent mobs by 0-2% per cast according to ETW stats. These other mobs are being actively tanked and with balance down dps applied.

The Valiant Healing hate mod has been reduced to be on par with warrior's Expansive Disharmony so that comparison is more or less fair. Both effects are just noise.
    p8aa likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.