Please increase other tanks abilities to match SK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raylen, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. p8aa Elder

I don't misquote. We were speaking of DPS AE burning from start. Our AE aggro abilities aren't enough to keep aggro in this case.

Yeah, I never said something different. It was an answer to a misconception that "warriors are the mitigation kings" or that "warriors out tank SK", coming from some people in this thread.
  2. Maedhros High King

You literally said this like 2 posts ago.
  3. Warpeace Augur

And you were already told what about that? It is doable its just not the answer you want to fit your poor argument.
  4. p8aa Elder

What inability to take feedback ? No one has contested my AE aggro demonstration. We cannot keep AE aggro of DPS AE burning from start if we don't cycle through targets and apply single target aggro on them. Which is not "only using your AE aggro abilities", which was the discussion there.
    If it was wrong and I was clueless like you like to repeat it, don't you think you would have seen answers about it ? I even took the best favorable situation with a warrior using his best hate mod.
    I don't need "back up" to express a opinion. Especially when this opinion is right.
  5. Warpeace Augur

This has reached BB status.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Are you in KoI or something?
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Did I miss the evidence of this happening...IE, did you post a video or a parse or something? Or by “demonstration” were you actually referring to your “anecdote”?

Because this one time, at band camp...
  8. Sancus Augur

What is the relationship between a "p2aa" and a "p8aa"?
    Allayna likes this.
  9. Warpeace Augur

about 6
    Thoxsel, IblisTheMage, Sheex and 3 others like this.
  10. Dreadmore Augur

I'd say four
    Thoxsel likes this.
  11. S33k3r Augur

is that "Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon" ?
  12. segap Augur

I molo'd a VP named as a raid geared rogue when I was still mostly in EoK gear. I see no reason why a SK that can mitigate much better than I can plus who has healing abilities shouldn't be able to solo one. Some of those named are really easy.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

if we can anticipate the ae burn, no problem. No we're not SK's but no reason we can't do it with our tools if we have some idea the raid will be doing so. Wade into battle and harmoneous expanse (plus a rune proc and rage of rallos) locks things pretty hard.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

Yeah, the easier the content the better you knights do (which means at end of expansion time you're likely better) - but on actual hard stuff, warriors still shine.
    Maedhros likes this.
  15. Bigstomp Augur

There are cases where it makes sense.
    For example, the RoF raid with all the ants. We made the tanks who were tanking them the MA's.

But that's more of a special situation.
    Tucoh likes this.
  16. Fintank Augur

Correct me if I'm wrong (I'm not, I'm sure you'll say something though) but AE agro is having Agro over the Area, correct? Whether it be by using Area of Effect abilities or single target abilities doesn't change the outcome. The fact you want it to be easier is something totally different than comparing current capabilities. Play aggressively if you want to keep AOE agro, stop asking for "I win" buttons and trying to get other classes nerfed because they have something you want. If you really know what you're doing you can contest SK AOE agro with cycling and all that, no issue exists in the terms of balance.

I am unsure of how Paladin AOE agro runs in high end guilds at the moment, I raid on my paladin with an open raid team still working on T1. I know I can keep AOE agro on him in their raids, but a lot of the tanks are very lazy and high end DPS is sparse there. However, unlike you I don't comment and deny any claims by Paladins because I don't know enough to validate my statements from first hand experience.

I never said Knights couldn't perform the boss tank role, you said Knights had a mitigation edge on Warriors. Which was/is incorrect and was what I was talking about in my post. Good Clerics can keep any tank up on raid bosses at this point in the game, but again that's not what we're comparing. Warriors have higher mitigation values, knights have heals to supplement lower mitigation values.

Maybe you should re-read this "story" cause you're wrong.
  17. Bigstomp Augur

Generally true. Sometimes **it happens.
  18. Flatchy Court Jester

I do not know why they always end up locking the entertaining threads?
  19. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

I still wish that "watching aggro" was more of a thing still in EQ. I see alot of peeps just ignore it and whine about tanks. Certainly "lazy tanks" exists, but you dont hear as much about dps classes being equally as lazy and failing to watch their aggro.
  20. p8aa Elder

If you wait for enough charges of harmonious expanse and wade in to battle to have procced on these mobs. Otherwise, 5 k hate on a mob isn't going to keep aggro on you if DPS burn hard AE DPS right at start.
    Rage of Rallos Zek is increasing procs of weapons, not abilities. Sure a 1 k hate rune aug is in the same ballpark than the other abilities.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.