Please increase other tanks abilities to match SK

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Raylen, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raylen New Member

This is not a nerf sk thread. Please increase other tank classes to be in line with SK. I would like to see warriors get either a huge mitigation boost or a significant dps boost. The majority of sk I play with can do 100-120k dps sustained. They can also tank group game better than warriors and their cc abilities are much better. Would love to see other classes improves to match SK.
  2. Altroth New Member

I'm not sure how to respond to this. War's are the games best tank period. Played correctly in group game they out DPS some pure DPS classes and are the choice tank in raids.
    Xeladom and Buford T. Justice like this.
  3. Spellfire Augur

:rolleyes:
    Xeladom and gotwar like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It’s not a nerf call, it’s a balance call, guys. Get it right.

Allayna either has a burner account or a new disciple, and either way it’s amusing.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

Other than being a little (lot?) more reliant on a healer than knights warriors are in fine shape in groups.
    All 3 tank classes do perfectly adequate dps in groups.
  6. Maedhros High King

While in some ways, SK's do have a lot of great stuff, warriors are definitely capable of doing more dps than either SK or Paladins in many situations right now. Additionally, I have seen warriors tank 20+ mobs in Sathir's Tomb, but have not seen SK's do it, though I am waiting for Drogbaa's next video, and I know I can not tank 20 mobs in ST because I couldnt cast a damn heal.

Warriors are in great shape friend. My initial thought is that you happen to be playing with SK's that are more talented than the warriors youre playing with. Given the same gear and talent level, a warrior excels at things that knights do not, and vice versa.
  7. Wulfhere Augur

Give it another try. With the last patch having fixed phony bash interrupts, the incessant interruptions should be greatly reduced. Previously I could only cast <0.5 second spells myself with Valiant Defense being the mainstay and was not enough to survive. Now casting Censure and Protective while tanking a swarm should be reliable up to a higher number of mobs. I think paladin stun bashing AA are still a problem in that they create large damage spikes that the other two tanks don't suffer from. It's not clear from the patch notes if Dzarn's fix takes care of that case too. Needs testing.
  8. Zarzac Augur

I'm saddened that the OP clearly forgot that we are also all 10ft tall and shoot lightning from our !
  9. Denial_Sinfae Augur

On a good RoS mission run with a melee dps oriented group I'll get between 220 and 260k sustained. Have had guildies running wars do over 300k for the same span.

Gave a war a spot in dps group on cacticki raid, 315k sustained.

Pulling multiple adds and capitalizing on ae melee abilities timed with mods results in warriors well into the mid 250s to 300k sustained indefinitely exping.

I can sustain 150k on my warrior in half group gear and a hair shy of 16k AA. I'm really thrown off by everything you've said OP.
    Xeladom, kizant and Maedhros like this.
  10. Raylen New Member

I would love to know how you are sustaining 150k on a warrior if you are tanking. I am not trying to flame you. Would really love to know.
  11. Axel Furry Hats OP

Use a 2hander and have a bard and real healer and with a group 2hander you can easily sustain over 150k. The reason I say have a real healer is because mercs suck (which we all know).
    kizant likes this.
  12. p2aa Augur

Warriors can sustain 100-120 k DPS in tanks groups in raids too.
    If you give warriors a huge mitigation boost, then warriors becomes the only choice in raids.
    If you give warriors a significant dps boost, then we beat pure DPS classes.
  13. Drogba Augur

I usually fit some '20+ at once' mob pulls during a lesson burn in sathirs tomb.
    Allayna and Maedhros like this.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I feel this is a thread about good tanks vs bad tanks. All 3 tank classes can get stuff done. Someone is sour graping because they ran into a better tank who is a different tank class.
  15. p2aa Augur

Any tank can produce high numbers getting full ADPS support. The problem is not the tank's DPS, but the ADPS stacking. In a tank group in raid, which is where tanks are 99 % of the time, or in less than optimal groups in group content which is also the big majority of groups, tank DPS is fine. If you win 2 to 3 x this DPS in a full ADPS support group, the problem is ADPS stacking. This is why the solution if it's a problem, is not to reduce tank DPS, but to change or reduce the stacking of these ADPS class abilities on tanks abilities.
  16. Triconix Augur

Warriors are in a good spot. I'm sustaining 200-250k dps in non optimal groups when exping and doing 150-200k during raids in a primary tank group. If put in a melee dps oriented group I don't see if unreasonable to sustain 250-300k in raids depending on the event.
  17. Gnomereaper Augur

Problem with warriors getting a higher mitigation boost is that things end up balanced around that higher mitigation boost. This was like the "Gates of Discord problem" where the "theory" was that the entire expansion was designed around Furor Planesdefiler's ability to tank mobs. Then a combination of horrible itemization in the early tiers, completely overtuning dps of mobs, and apparently a proc bug that went undetected for several years that contributed to the large dps of mobs in Gates... well it wasn't pretty. So we've already "lived in that era" and it wasn't great when people were using warriors, rangers and charmed mobs to tank nameds in Tipt.

No. Just please no.

Couple modifications, sure, to make a class better to handle for the player.

Instead of Act of Valor being the "class defining raid ability" that "everyone loves to hate," why not just have an MGB ability that's a HoT+defensive or beneficial ability boost? Have it stack with CR, SOTW, ect. Sort of like uh a beneficial Spice. I don't know, but it's something that's certainly that's good topic to discuss. Beastlords and Shamans get an MGBable ability, Clerics get an MGB ability, Rangers and druids get an MGB ability (granted they do different things)... and paladins can mass Act of Valor now (?). That's not really good balance to be honest.
  18. Allayna Augur

I think all 3 are in a good position with slight advantages in each class:

Warriors are the mitigation king, they can also throw out amazing numbers dps wise and have seen some nice 400-600k dps raid parses from a warrior placed into a full adps compliment.

Shadow-knights have the monopoly on self healing abilities, pulling strength, ae aggro and lock aggro if they want it and dps > the paladin counterpart.

Paladins have the monopoly on healing of others, rezzing ability and support.

This is raid talk. In group game, I often see both knights able to run with no healer, I don't see a warrior doing that.

To the earlier comment, when I post, it's under my name.
  19. Allayna Augur

Act of Valor instantly kills the paladin, perhaps you are referring to Gift of Life?
  20. bigpapa Augur

many years ago I made a shaman , we had decent dps (better than tank types ) , now specially in group game shm dps is crappy , more since the malo aa nerf , with all the resists, while tank class can tank several ( many ) mobs at same time and doing some nice dps, ( was not the case many years ago when cc was something to consider................ )
    DB doing a poor job trying to balance the game.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.