Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finnygirl New Member

2. Jenarie Elder

It seems like people think that mobs have to be up on instance creation as a solution but I'd be fine pulling an instance and then xping there for 2-4 hours while waiting for the things to spawn. The timer would just need to be adjusted to make sure they spawn within four hours so that people wouldn't get a lockout and have the giants spawn at 6 hours so instance is closing before you could kill them.

There are many possible solutions to this impending disaster:
    1) Increase the amount of medallions dropped per mob
    Either on all the giants or at least on the multi-group ones
    2) Increase the spawn rate A LOT
    3) Combine 1 & 2
    4) Spawn medallion giants in instances
    a) when instance spawns
    b) random 2-4 hours from instance spawn

I'm sure there are others.

1-3 would still have griefing and be messy but at least it would shorten it considerably

I personally like #4b - there's no reason we should have instant keys without putting in SOME time but I want to put in the time without some other group coming along and mem-blurring the mob I've been camping for hours and taking it leaving us with six hours before we have another chance. Putting them in an instance would mean each group could get their own and get xp clearing the zone while waiting for them to spawn. If they HAVE to be up on instance spawning (due to no respawn in instances) I still like this idea best although it seems almost too simple.

I also like the idea of putting extra medallions on the 'raid' mobs - probably not enough for the whole raid but at least enough to take a large chunk out of the people needing them.

What really scares me is the idea of nothing being done. If nothing is done it will be a return to the 'wild west' era that drove many of us away from Ragefire/Lockjaw.

I really hope the devs would reconsider the likely result of not making any change. Most of us are fine with working toward a goal but getting BoT keyed isn't supposed to be the hardest thing on the way to PoTime.
    Thellonious likes this.
  3. Joesnellenberge Journeyman

Yeah... I'm nervous of getting Daser'ed by people. I can see Darkwind + AoS rolling through people's camps and KS'ing nameds. Please don't let what's happening with the Praesterums happen here.
  4. finnygirl New Member

I agree 100% this problem is going to cause a lot of grief. However, I'm trying to withhold judgement until we have some type of response. While there are about five pages of posts from players, I don't see anything from the Dev's or the GM's. I'd like to know if they're going to address our concerns. Maybe they have been and still are planning to wait and see. Maybe they're addressing it internally, right now. Point being, any dialog with them would go a long way. (If I have missed a response, which would be great, please let know.)

On a side note, the input from players on other servers is greatly appreciated. To see someone else's viewpoint can be enlightening, but it certainly doesn't mean it applies to our server, which from what I understand, was created with a slightly different purpose. Also, due to its size, our server isn't necessarily going to respond the same as others.

Love the Game. Love the Server. Love my Guild.
  5. Trevalon Augur

Agreed Dialogue would be nice...and not just: "I have no intention of changing these mobs" That is not dialogue ... if DBG is choosing NOT to fix this bottleneck issue then we, the players, are owed an explanation of why not...and not just some "Cause I dont tihnk so" but a well thought out explanation of why they think it is ok to take out some bottlenecks (VP Keys, Arx Keys, etc) but leave in others like Storms.
  6. Cyrris Journeyman

They have responded in the PoP testing thread. Here was their response:
  7. Machen New Member

You've got posts from Devs, and they declared it is working as intended.
  8. Thellonious Journeyman

Problem is that they posted this quite a while ago, and we're all now trying to plead with them to change it. Seems like there is quite a bit of frustration with this "they are rares so tough" attitude.
  9. Remedial New Member

yes, some clarification on this matter would be huge. Please Devs.
  10. Machen New Member

Judging by their posting history, they've all been on vacation this week (and Absor last week as well). Probably haven't given PoStorms so much as a thought in the last week or so. It's been a while ago for the player base, but not so much for the devs.
  11. -wycca Augur

They're probably on vacation, and they'll undoubtedly continue to work on things that develop in PoP after, so I'm guessing we should get another response sometime mid-Jan.
  12. Hobie Lorekeeper

I remember when I wondered how hard the Old Seb key was going to get, with only 2-3 foragers, etc. to get the parts for the key. I went to get my key, only to (joy!) see hyper-spawns of these mobs so getting the key was easy.

I wonder (and hope like hell) Daybreak does this again with the Giants. Have 'em spawn every...hour (or less). OR make them pop in instances. Otherwise, your customer service and GMs will be SWAMPED with complaints/petitions that makes past 2 or 3 day roll backs look like cake! And they will get overwhelmed with complaints. I don't see there being any way there won't be thousands of complaints!
  13. Remedial New Member

not to mention, the immense amount of pressure this will put on lower end guilds and will ultimately crush them out of existence and make them fold.
  14. MabbuPhinny Augur

Listen, I understand each of the Developers had been assigned a specific zone to work on for PoP instancing. Was this largely a team effort...and one Dev doesn't want to step on another's toes to correct an injustice with an instance they weren't assigned to work on? I don't understand where the communication is breaking down here. But it sure seems to me that no one from Daybreak is acknowledging that they fully grasp what they have sentenced the players to.

You have a problem that is going to result in a flurry of customer service issues, open world DPS races, and fighting/b|tching once PoP opens.

Everyone knows me, I'm happy to play this game that you are forcing us into, ruin lives and make grown adults cry over a videogame competing for these mobs...but believe it or not I'd rather the content be delivered to us in a fashion by which progression was not bottlenecked or blocked by a few top guilds, or a few "high velocity" players, and the top 10% of players weren't forced to crush the other 90%'s hopes and dreams.

I'll be in storms within the first hour or PoP going live as will hundreds of others except the guilds racing for the first Carprin..... But everyone else trying to trickle into BoT in the days/weeks following...they are screwed plain and simple because of the bottleneck you have in place here.

If these 6 named do not spawn in the storms instance...or if they did not spawn immediatly upon the opening of a new /pick zone...or if the medals off the 3 lord raids are not increased from 3 to like 18+....... then you either have a DEV assigned to this zone that does not fully understand the bottleneck you are putting in place on a server of this size...or you have all made the conscious decision as a group that you want to punish 90% of the players on Phinny by forcing the top 10% to get ultra competitive, dirty, and underhanded in order to seize control of these limit resources.

The NPC's that drop the bottle neck item's in question.

Faruek the Bold
    Laruken the Rigid
    Paruek the Strong
    Pendubk the Turbulent
    Solnebk the Unruly
    Zertuken the Unyielding

The quest in question:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=2269

Furthermore...

I have taken part in, and spent many hours of my time around the holidays to help test and report dozen's and dozens of issues with the Planes of Power on the test server.... All I am asking is for you to give this a second look, read the quest...understand that what is being required of people is not unreasonable...on a lower pop server, but here on Phinigel it is going to be a major issue for a while.

You allowed Taskmaster's in Ssra to spawn in picks, and instances, for a key item, not only that but they spawned instantly in /pick zones. At least allow the storms named giants to spawn instantly when a new /pick opens, or when the server resets. This would solve for everyone the bottleneck issue with this quest, and cannot require that much work by the Dev team.

Don't you have a players panel? Do you ever ask them for feedback on things like this? Look at how many people here are talking about this one thing. Not much else bring's players together like this has. I haven't seen too many people that don't agree on something needing to be done about this.

These forums are unfortunately the only platform us players have to reach you. I wish that wasn't the case.
  15. Marek-EQ Lorekeeper

Best post ever by Mabbu? I think so.
  16. Jeffy New Member

Less tears, its very unbecoming. Can't pet tank these, why you even care?
  17. Guzzle Augur

Great post, Mabbu, happy to see we aren't the only guild concerned about this.

Fail troll is fail.
  18. MabbuPhinny Augur

I won't be the one crying when PoP launches lol, but to those who are damaged by this decision to limit accessibility to these key mobs...

You have my sympathy. Just remember it was Daybreak that did this to you, and that I tried to make a strong case to change it when it mattered. Don't blame me later on!
  19. Oldschool Elder

And here we have it again. The leader of the biggest group of cheating, exploiting children on the server ONCE AGAIN throwing a tantrum and threatening to hold the entire server hostage.

Daybreak needs to perma-ban you guys instead of just 5 or 10 day suspensions like 90% of you got.
  20. Guzzle Augur

I'm not an EoE member, but I think you're incredibly ignorant and unable to read if you think this is him threatening anything. One, he is trying to help the server out as a whole that will really hamper progression to Plane of Time for pretty much every guild. Two, he knows he won't be able to necessarily hold anyone hostage because you can't memblur giants and KS, it will be a real DPS race to see who gets keyed and be a bigger cluster than some of the VT keying camps.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.