Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyrris Journeyman

There is an AoC for PoStorms. The giants for the BoT access quest don't spawn in the instance though...

They need to spawn in the instance. Makes no sense why they don't and why DBG appear to be ok with it that way.
    Baulkin likes this.
  2. Sterger New Member

DBG is definitely going to regret creating bottlenecks of any kind or at least not addressing the obvious bottlenecks fixing to occur in Feb. If the rest of the flagging for entry into planar zones are anything like they were back in 2001, You will have guilds blocking the rest of the server whenever possible. Slow down the server progression and PoT will be yours alone. I remember the battles back then, and have no desire to go through those once again. Did we ever get our flags, of course we did. We just had to battle the largest zerg guild on the server and finally beat them to get Coirnav and PoWater flagged.
    So DBG do yourself a favor, eliminate the bottlenecks and you will keep more people paying to play on Phinny. The majority are the part timers not AoS or OGC, or not.
  3. plague187x2 New Member

With just how competitive keying is on Phinny if you don't spawn these in instances, this is going to be the bottleneck from hell. PLEASE let these spawn in instances. Otherwise the first month will be nothing but a cluster****.
  4. Fauxpaws New Member

I'm pretty sure the mechanic of having to sit for a month or better in a mass of training and memblurring hell will probably drive off a bulk of paying customers. Please put the giants into the instances or be ready to lose 2 accounts of mine plus I'm sure a number of other folks who feel the same way.
  5. Kegwell Lurker since '99

have them drop 200 medallions each kill...
  6. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

I lead OGC, and we raid 3 days a week. There's zero point to batphone stuff 24/7 throughout the expansions - We'll go hard on expansion launches, after that, we'll settle into our scheduled raiding once we've fulfilled our objectives - that's to generally to beat the expansion. Pretty casual and tame compared to prior TLPs tbh.

I've been in support of reducing the bottlenecks - this includes instancing of the Storms named, along with increasing Carprin to 72 flags. Come expansion launch, these will definitely be situations which will create strife. Instancing fine tuning should occur to prevent such from happening.
    Soltara likes this.
  7. Fancy Elder

Please listen to your customer base, what is the point of purposely removing them from the instance? It's not even adding at this point its taking it away. Why? Why add a bottleneck when the fix for it was already there?

You didnt take taskmasters or generals our of Ssra or remove Verix from KC...why would you take giants out of postorm instances ?

That is the most concerning part to me, the idea that they want to *add* a chokepoint with no real explanation as to why, the instance is already there, but the mobs are removed.
  8. MabbuPhinny Augur

I estimate people will be selling Medallion loot rights within 12 days of the server opening... and general chat will be crying about it like there is no tomorrow lol.
  9. Vesta New Member

I agree listen to us. WE don't need the bottle neck that will happen and it can be so easily fixed by having them in instances. No choke point is needed. WE pay to have fun not to be unreasonably frustrated.
  10. GurudoDoh New Member

Phinigel has been Everquest in its most perfect form. Sure, there have been problems... but the severity of this issue is quite clear. Fighting for a single mob in open world is not fun. It will ruin the time of your players. Finally, Your players are imploring you over a month before PoP drops, plenty of time to address and fix the problem.

Please daybreak.
    FOR THE GOOD OF THE REALM.
    <3<3<3 your paying customer. <3<3<3
  11. Jenarie Elder

I really hope this is reconsidered. The server is about doing things at your own pace and experiencing everything. This server isn't about contested mobs - many people came here to avoid that.

I am looking forward to PoP but I don't have the personality to put up with a bunch of KSing and training and all the other things some people revel in. This whole server has been so wonderful because we almost never see it.

Please keep Phini a happy place! ;)
  12. Baulkin Augur

The Key mobs not spawning in a spawned instance is just silly. My guess is the outrage over this will cause them to patch it within 2 weeks of PoP opening.
  13. Soon Augur

/signed

Make them spawn in instance pls.
  14. SqueeshSqueesh Augur

Leave the group giants the way they currently are in both instances and open world. What they need to do is fix the number of medallions that the raid minis drop. They require 3 to 4 groups to kill, have them drop enough medallions to flag everyone that attends the raid. There is no reason for anyone to suffer a 7 days lockout timer without getting the flag/keys the AoC was put there for in the first place.
  15. Bolten_DA Augur

Simple fix! Remove the key restriction for BoT and make it a required level 62 to enter the zone :)
  16. Kiaro Augur

You're not getting the point, the people who are concerned about the medallions don't give a moneys left nut about being able to just enter BoT, infact the vast majority of us will probably enter BoT once or twice to kill Agnarr for flags and then never look at it again. This is about the flagging process, which the medalion turn in is required to open up the NEXT flag in line (access to Solusek Ro's tower)

I have a feeling they're doing this to ruin Phinny enough because they think people will come back to the new TLP that is opening in mid 2017, which, the vast majority that are on Phinny, are more interested in seeing Gates and beyond than starting at square one. Its far far far too soon to open a new TLP. instead of having 1 populated server and 3 dead servers you'll end up with 5 dead servers. Phinny as long as you keep it running smooth is all that's filling your bottom line.
  17. Zanarnar Augur

Really unless the new TLP is another event server, its going to be a graveyard. Phinny is setup almost perfectly for guilds to raid through the expansions. I for one quit with OOW (go go WoW; anyways) and seeing the raids from OOW-on is the reason I'm here. Can't speak for everyone but a lot of folks I've talked to about this feel the same way.

They either need to fix this bottleneck in keying (easiest would be to have the giants spawn in the PoS instance on zone_up) or just post here admitting they want to watch us KS, train, and generally be jerks to each other over this. Its one or the other; as there is no reason to leave it this way. Its not difficult, its not a mystery how to key up, its simply a well known choke point. Believe what you will, but people WILL try to use these to block other guilds form progressing.
  18. Bolten_DA Augur

I think you are under estimating the exp value in BoT. My suggestion isn't a perfect resolution, but it would cut down people getting the medallion purely for the BoT zone access. Daybreak is not commenting for a reason...A) Cant fix the issue, B) Do not want to fix the issue, C) working on it and will discuss info when they want.

Another suggestion would be to increase the spawn rate.
  19. Thellonious Journeyman

Please don't derail this thread with discussions of the new TLP server. There's another thread for that. This thread is specifically so we can discuss the impending crisis in Plane of Storms. Let's keep it focused on that please.
  20. Bitterleaf New Member

The idea of dealing with all the grief and petitions should motivate someone to make a change here. Its simple, increase spawn rates and allow the minis to spawn in instances (and possibly respawn). Otherwise you are talking about a lot of complaints at a point when traditionally most people begin to drop off from a progression server anyway. Get it together yo! GGB!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.