Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silverado New Member

This guy serious? Yea, EoE is full of a bunch of maggots. But this post is a legit plea b/c Mabbu knows this is going to be a terrible time for all. I do sense a bit of, "My guild is better than everyone else so don't get mad at me when it's my guild against yours and we win.." But who isn't like that towards their guild. I think my guild is better than every other guild as well. Either way, trying to open an attack against Mabbu in this case is pretty redic and you should just crawl back into your hole.

@Devs - Guys.. Seriously... When you gonna stop d*cking us around on this.. Do you really want something like 15+ raiding guilds competing for a few named spawns.. I mean we'll do it, but it aint gonna be pretty for the guilds who can't compete with the bigger boys on the server and when they get upset cause they aren't in PoTime right away, they'll come flooding to the forums. You ready for that sh**storm, RadarX?
    Marek-EQ likes this.
  2. snailish Augur

Content difficulty is a good bottleneck to progress. (whether that be guild, group or player).

Limited number of spawns in relation to the playerbase capable of doing the content is not. (just hurts the overall server health).

Put Plane of Storms on a ridiculously fast respawn timer if need be. Technically this is making the zone harder.

Named population in instances is an obvious, and good idea.

Key items dropping in a larger quantity to alleviate bottlenecking due to population is a good idea. Key items dropping as zonewide rares, and in large #'s off the named makes sense too.
  3. The Hated One Augur

Just have them pop with instance spawn. It is just that simple. Removes all the headaches. Small guilds get to progress. Bigger guilds get to progress. I don't understand why it hasn't been changed yet. This is yet another deal breaker on this server. We weren't supposed to have to compete with each other for access to content. Arx key has been a PITA to get. We still have not gotten one. We have been ran over a couple of times or just flat out beaten on getting set up. The pressure for folks to complete the earring makes it tough. Arx key mobs should have been an instance thing as well. Plane of Storms should have the giants spawn in the instance. Period. Otherwise this server is not as advertised...again.
  4. MabbuPhinny Augur

I appreciate those of you keeping this on topic.

My arrogance coming through is less "EoE is the best, the rest of you are screwed"...its more like "This is going to be a show for everyone...nothing personal for whats about to go down broseph, its just business".

I expect EoE to have to fight absolutely tooth and nail against at least 5-6 of the top guilds to get our 45-50 or so mains key'd in the first week... but its the guilds that are still struggling after 2-4 weeks that will really suffer the most.

We are forecasting tears for February... lots of tears...and in the spirit of poking fun at the situation, here is a diagram to help put all of this into visuals...because I know some of you are visual learners...

[IMG]
    Kiani likes this.
  5. Karhar Dream Crusher

10/10 would look again.
  6. Windiren New Member

The game was made for competition, pure and simple. The best times I have ever had over 10+ years ago was the challenge of grouping up and assembling to try out best at any given raid target or getting important key items to get into other zones. It was the game is for, challenge. It's always been this way, the game isn't catered to the top 10% of the players or raiders. It's just about everyone, always has and always be a challenge or it wouldn't be fun.
    Ever remember getting and item or finishing a quest that took many attempts and feeling the reward? That is what has always driven me to play when I have the time to do so. If the game was easy, many of us wouldn't play it or be addicted to it. Honestly I can't remember a single easy time I have got a reward or finished a quest, but the hard ones I can tell you every single on of them because they were fun and a challenge.
    Bottlenecks will always be there, they were designed that way for the challenge, reward and to keep players that don't belong in a zone yet from being there to be in the way of those that have earned it. Speaking of PoP, that was my favorite expansion ever besides Velious, I still remember being able to get into PoV or BoT for the first time, was so hard to get in with all the flags and the amount of people wanting to do the same thing. It's very rewarding, so keep playing and trying your turn will come.
    Keep Questing on!
  7. Xoner Baby Joesph Sayer

And the dee bag award of the week goes to....
  8. Get_Rekt New Member

Hi Mabbu,

I don't believe we've met. I find your diagram ill-informed as to who will be crying in February. I look forward to meeting you and your guildies in PoS. I believe most of the mobs in that zone look forward to meeting you as well. Enjoy your time in PoS you pos. =)
  9. MabbuPhinny Augur

10. Guzzle Augur

@Guy with super long post speaking about competition etc... I'm not going to quote your whole post, but you obviously don't understand the intent of Phinny as a whole, just by the first few words of every paragraph you wrote. Phinny was designed to allow more people to raid more content, not foster the toxic community brought on by "competition" that leads to poop socking. Head over to P99 if that's what you want, or even Ragefire and Lockjaw.

The entire point is that a rather trivial encounter is going to create a bottleneck that goes against the entire spirit of the server. On previous TLP servers and even live, this bottleneck was fine because 1) you didn't have the same number of guilds trying to get keyed 2) you didn't have a definitively set time when the next content would be out, which many people are ready to farm towards.

Mabbu isn't being arrogant. He is attempting to bring attention to a legitimate problem that most people are not aware of because they don't test the content, they just coast through after everything is sorted out. This issue will hurt the server as a whole if not addressed, and it could very well be weeks/months for the majority of guilds that are capable of taking Time to get there. Pull your heads out of your assess and instead of flaming someone who you are accusing of being toxic (please see the irony), and add your voice to the plea to get this fixed.
    snailish likes this.
  11. The Hated One Augur

I agree. Mabbu has been trying to improve things on the server. Its a time lock server billed at access to all content. Hold up your end of the bargain devs.
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

This may be the stated design, however the current technical design of PoS does, indeed, foster a toxic community.
  13. Daykin Journeyman

Your community is pleading for a change that will be detrimental to gameplay. I've yet to see any arguments for the bottleneck from a dev, so why isn't it changed ?

Can a dev give a thorough convincing reason as to why its necessary to *remove* mobs from the instance.

Let's not forget that this was proactively made worse by dev choice, its not like it was just left as is. As is they would spawn in instance.
  14. MabbuPhinny Augur

I'm just going to leave this here...

[IMG]

[IMG]
  15. Machen New Member

Since when has this dev team ever felt the need to give arguments to support an unpopular decision?

But, in this case, they did. Absor explained his reasoning. The community may (does) disagree with it, but the argument was made.
  16. Machen New Member

Someone call 911, Mabbu just made a death threat!
  17. Rovell Elder

I actually agree with Mabbu in original post, solid assessment. Unfortunately, the odds of anything changing to improve quality of life for players in this area is about as likely as Trump's wall going up.
  18. Kegwell Lurker since '99

bottom line is how many subscriptions will be lost over the decision to not spend time making this equitable?
    think about it..
    I won't unsubscribe but I have a feeling there will be quite a few.
  19. Vanellope New Member

Zero. Zero subscriptions will be lost over this. Get over it and adapt. Just like VP, Emp & VT keys, everyone will get theirs eventually.
  20. Coach_Kegadin Augur

I am chomping at the bit... Unleash me Mabbu!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.