Plane of Storms Progression

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xoner, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryak Augur

If for some reason they had another stroke and decided not to instance, PoJ also, you are right that that would be the bottleneck, for sure. But as it stands, they decided to instance it because it turns out that waiting in line before you get a chance to play the game isn't particularly engaging gameplay. The same reason there applies to Storms.

When they designed Planes of Power, do you think they were thinking about what they wanted the single hardest point of progression to be, do you think they decided they wanted it to be Plane of Fricking Storms? None of the raid progression mobs are going to be a tenth as annoying or difficult as this stupid quest is going to be if they leave it like it is.
  2. Darchon_Xegony Augur

The Plane of Justice instance is designed to allow people to instance The Seventh Hammer.

However in practice what everyone will use it for is to instance a PoJustice Trial and avoid having to deal with the bottleneck of open world Justice.

As a result, on day one every guild who doesn't immediately start raiding when server comes up, will go to Justice, grab an instance with 6 people and do a PoJ trial. Because there are minimal leveling opportunities for a level 60 in PoJ/PoD/PoI/PoN. They will want to jump into the content with level 60+ mobs without having to raid. So PoStorm/PoValor. Then the next obvious step will be BoThunder, seeing as that is the only zone with solid EXP through level 65 that can be accessed without doing any raid targets in PoP.

Everyone, casuals and hardcore raiders alike will want to get to BoT quickly. Either to unlock the EPs or have a zone where they can level to 65 in.

PoJustice being instanced removes the trial bottleneck, as it should. As a result PoStorms will become the major bottleneck unless the devs change their mind and allow the esoteric medallion mobs to spawn in the instance when spawned, like they logically should to reduce a bottleneck.
  3. Kahna Augur

No advantage to spawning a new pick (rather than holding one open) since the mobs don't spawn when the pick does. Better to hold one open with one or two people than use 60+ to force a pick so you can all sit around for 4-6 hours waiting for the mobs to spawn.
  4. Thellonious Journeyman

It surprises me that DBG is choosing a route that will yield them infinitely more headache. If they simply allowed the medallion droppers to spawn in the instance, they would almost definitely save themselves HOURS of CS time. Anyone here to played on Fippy knows what a horrendous mess storms was. Even if you factor in the load-balancing, there are still going to be poopsocks / DPS races over each and every medallion dropper. This is certain to generate tons of whining, training, etc. If DBG wanted to avoid having to deal with this, the solution is simple (and completely in line with what we were told this server was going to be): have the named spawn in the instances.
  5. Angered Augur

Perhaps daybreak games takes great pleasure in seeing its playerbase grief one another.... I mean who doesn't enjoy 10-12 pick zones of plane of storms... Who doesn't enjoy DPS racing / training / Vile toxic game play.... Welcome to the jungle err Plane of storms where the Devs take great joy in watching us suffer / grief one another.... Coming soon to PHINNY THE WAR OF STORMS #FEB #NEWYEAR #MOREMISTAKES #GODReleasedNotWithOOW #STOPTHEVILEGAMEPLAY #FIXSTORMS #MAKEEVERQUESTGREATAGAIN
  6. RainbowCane Elder

Their goal is to hand out as many bans and suspensions as possible. By making a playground where people will break the Rules of Conduct they can find accounts that already purchased a few bags and the year long sub and ban them. This makes it so they don't have to deal with players and still get all their money.
  7. Popanasty Journeyman

Also not to mention the amount of griefing that will occur form the enchanters being able to memblue at 1% so they can sell for loot rights. This is what happens in Seru now.
  8. Fragile Journeyman

How is there no @Devs response in this thread but there are multiple responses about Holiday Bonus Exp...wru
  9. Thellonious Journeyman

/Bump - this is a serious problem. We have not had a progression server with this many functional raiding guilds. I am not looking forward to spending every night in plane of storms. It's not even avoidable unless you just don't want to do plane of time...

Can we seriously at least consider dropping their spawn times down or something if there is a refusal to have them spawn in the instance? What the heck is the point of the instance for storms anyway? These guys???:
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=10382
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=10558
    http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=10415

Boy, can't wait to get my hands on some of that worse-than-vex-thal level gear...
  10. Sylas New Member

This is ridiculous. No reason to have a throttled bottleneck for something so trivial. This goes against every single intention of the server being instanced.

Please fix this! Make the mobs spawn every 20 minutes to avoid any issues!
  11. DBG_Fatty New Member

This will surely be a terrible bottleneck. For what? Rhag equivalent loot? Why go against an instance server?
  12. AnselAdams Fix Levi in Fire

The PoStorms instance should be fully populated on zone in for two reasons. First, having all the mobs spawn in the instanced version of Storms is the only option consistent with the Phinigel ruleset. Second, DBG clearly doesn't have the support staff necessary to alleviate the problems that will be caused if the server population is forced to "poopsock" and fight over non-MOTM spawns 100% required for planar progression. The situation in Seru during Luclin has shown this to be the case.

In short, it would be extremely disappointing if DBG does not remedy this problem before PoP goes live on Phinigel.
  13. killingbetterthanu New Member

Realy not looking forward to the poop-socking, training, mana burning and membluring that will happen everytime these guys spawn. Every 8 hours and try again.
  14. Kendean New Member

Just allow them to spawn in the instances. The greatest thing about PoP was ppl could escape from the griefing each other and play with their mates. To force this as an open world only spawning event would only encourage more a$$hats to fly their dlckhead flags at full mast
  15. MYRIXIS New Member

i for one will revel in the grief that is about to be unleashed upon the population of phinny! As a monk i can say this is the sort of thing i live for ! The trains , the dps racing , the grief , the drama. oh it gets my blood pumping just thinking about it! It would be very sad day for griefers everywhere if Daybreak does decide to take the bottleneck out and put the medallions in instances. Please daybreak, for once, dont give into the majority of the servers populations whining about the game being too hard, i hope youll make me proud.
  16. Zanarnar Augur

Well I guess based on how they enforce ingame rules; I just better put on my , get my old monk out and prepare to start training groups, maybe get a chanter friend to charm it soon as it pops and run away with it... I dunno I guess I got a month to come up with more ways to grief people over these spawns.

Again I can only assume if left as is this is EXACTLY WHAT THEY WANT US TO DO. So lets have at it. Training, Grieving, KSing, charm and run away with the mob, these are the things to be practicing in the next month to be ready for this camp. Thanks DGB for leaving this bottleneck and not enforcing your ingame policies! It will make this so much fun!

/s if you couldn't guess... TBH it will probably take me over a month to do this since I refuse to stoop to this level.
  17. Remedial New Member

Wow this is going to cause HUGE amounts of griefing which will lead to tons of GM man power to bann/suspend people. Lets be honest DBG, this needs to be adjusted. Make them spawn in instance and let the community not destroy itself.
  18. doah Augur

This seems like it is going to be a swamp of no hope medallion crapfest again.
  19. Vaizon New Member

I can not wait to watch the epic battles to ensue with this absolute ridiculousness of a decision. OR perhaps it can be deterred by just fixing the situation and taking the advice of your players. Not like it is a super hard line of coding to fix. Take the 10 minutes and do it? OR we can just watch the number of people getting bans and suspensions and people quitting grow and grow and GROW.

Smart choice? Fix it. Lets be honest, your players know best.
  20. Baulkin Augur

At the bare minimum I would like to see an Agent of Change for PoStorms. This is about keying, not loot farming. I would be willing to eat a one week lockout.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.