Necro swarm pets since the patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malaari Manaburner, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Festerd New Member

Have played this game for 16 years. In that time my necro has played a total of 591 days in real time.
    To be forced to change my play style and soloing abilities is incredible to me. I have 21 days left in EQ.
    I also will not renew my subscription.
    Faana likes this.
  2. ---Xislaben--- Augur

About 25-30% it looking right, yeah. And that's with attempting to force twins with other nukes like the blood line or the orb line. Other classes can easily win duration parses now because they can burst so high and ride that with their roughly equivalent sustained for a long time.
    Spellfire, Sancus and Utaerx like this.
  3. Utaerx Elder

But Xis, you are saying that boosts to burst DPS actually increase sustain if the class already had a respectable sustained DPS prior to the burst boosts? How can this be?! Everyone knows that burst and sustained are totally unrelated!
    Sancus likes this.
  4. Utaerx Elder

5. Bobsmith Augur

SO after raiding tonight the numbers i put up were between 35-50% less than last week on the same target. It is sickening to me that a 50% reduction in dps is only a small bullet note 3/4 of the way down on the second set of patch summary notes. I dont feel like i am owed anything, (and probably wont get anything) but communication is key to any business relationship and as a Daybreak customer i would love a little bit more than what was given.
    Indrigoth, Drayze, Faana and 5 others like this.
  6. Traditions New Member

Yup i was right necros are worthless now in every aspect... Gave it a run at raids before sub is up and we dropped way down on the parse list... It seems like the new high dps classes are the wizzy, and all melee/hybrid classes... I guess it inc retirment now...

Even the knights out tank the warriors now... And with all the knights utility its even more worthless to be a warrior...
  7. Dacono New Member

Yup went form number 1 dps for the entire night by leaps and bounds to struggling to make the top 10 for damage. Wiz, Rang, Zerker, Rog, Monk all topped all of the necros that used to parse over 100k for the night.
  8. Drakang Augur

Woopie your not the top of the DPS list. If that is the only reason you played then leave.

Necros are still critical for keeping sustained range DPS on mobs. Where it will really hurt is fights where that sustained range DPS was critical for getting an event done within the timer. I see the drop in necro DPS having a big impact on Wither and Decay and maybe a few other events.

The class is not dead and still is up there in the parse. May mean necros have to adjust they way they burn some.

Bbut they are still contributing a lot to DPS especially on many raid events having melee running around.

I agree that a 50% hit seems way to harsh but claiming it destroys the class is just stupid.
    Faana likes this.
  9. Randragon Augur

Drakang said:
    I agree to this statement.
    Faana likes this.
  10. Evileen Journeyman

The point is, it takes a lot of hard work to get to the top as a necromancer, it's not something you can do by pressing 1 and 2 at the speed of sound. There are very few raids now where having decent sustained range dps is vital. Vim and Vigor is essentially a burst burn, Lady of Life gets close but lasts 7-8 minutes, not quite long enough to consider us an amazing addition. Wither and Decay is not sustained considering the mob you're dotting up dies every 3 minutes or less. Damsel of Decay is only important when she ports down where you have around 1:30 to do as much damage as you can to her (burst fight.) Emollious = Burst once healers are down, can do semi-decent on healers since no one is trying. Grannus is a complete cluster, burns were the only saving grace on that short and whacky event. Stem the Tide is a good sustain fight if you kill adds when they spawn, causing the event to take a bit longer. Grummus is a burst fight. High Bokon is inbetween, 5-6 minutes. Enslavor is a cake walk, but the main portion is the big burst burn at the beginning, after that it goes into sustained for 5 minutes or so. Every fight for the plane raids is a burst fight, except maybe Dracoliche but with debuff reset every 25%, it's hardly a sustained.

So in conclusion there's 1 sustained fight and maybe 3 halves of one so let's call it 2.5 in the current expansion. Meaning necros are essentially useless for the other ones unless for some reason your priests forgot how to rez or heal their groups.

There wasn't a real reason for this nerf, you had to be a damn good necro in order to beat wizards and assorted melee classes on burst burns, so they're hurting the actual people who worked hard at their class to earn their top spot at an already difficult class to do well on in raids.
    Mayfaire, ---Xislaben--- and Vrinda like this.
  11. Imrahil Augur

EQ raiding for quite some time means DPS raiding with most of the fights leaning towards the "burst at the right time". Necros are definitely hurt by this change and in my opinion, that change is far too high.

Regarding the "knights outtank warriors now" comment: hyperbole isn't your friend, my warrior padawan.
  12. ShadowMan Augur

As others have said this nerfs in total are a 20-50% nerf to necro dps depending on the duration. The ball is in the devs court to fix this and fix it soon. There is no way a sustained class that has to do the following while sucking at group dps and burst dps, and this is far from a complete list, should be equal or losing to burst classes 5 minutes into a fight. And no nerfing my class more to take the fun out of it by removing all of these skill checks except the gift of deathly resolve nerf you just added and fixing hand of death won't make us happy. Just as nerfing wizards soon and then zerkers and then rogues and then monks doesn't fix us it just then pisses them off into not playing possibly.

Jujue, Dacono and ---Xislaben--- like this.
  13. fransisco Augur

So the completely unparsed estimates are roughly exactly 30% dps?
    Show us parses or its all just QQ.
    And not just 45 second burn parses that never were great for necros.
  14. Derd Augur

So the 40% loss just from mana burn was just hyperbole? I would never have guessed that. If you can still make the top 10 on parse after just a few raids, imagine what you can do once you work on what you have now. I'd imagine there is some room to improve with the tools you have now.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

No one is talking 45 second parses because than its 50-60% less dps but that was the intent of mana burn removal and necros had no issue with that nerf. Even though its not hyperbole that at times a tank class can provide more valued burst for a phase or mob of that duration. Its 20-50% nerf on duration based fights depending on length for which now burst classes can win or be neck and neck out to 5 minutes. In the entire game how much content lasts 5 minutes or more? 2% maybe 3%

No one wants to play a class thats 10 times the effort of any other class for a reward that only occurs in 4 raids a year. The other 97-98% of group content and raids any other dps class and in some cases non dps classes.

No one claimed 40% loss prior to testing so learn to read. People said necros lost 40-50% of their twincast ability which is 100% accurate.

By means keep on trolling and supporting something thats obvious you don't get. But if one class has to have 24 spells, 7 focus effects, 20 spell sets, 15 different burn routines, 5 adps classes support and is limited to only having 3 in a raid or isn't wanted in a group setting why would you play it? When other classes that serve the same role can do it with 4 spells, 1 spell set, 1 burn routine, 2-5 adps classes support or simply turn on auto attack and presses 4 buttons or a multibind key and do better dps in 98% of the game or equivalent dps on any fight 5 minutes or shorter. While also being able to AE burn as needed when available to boot.
    Nenton, Mayfaire, Spellfire and 2 others like this.
  16. Evileen Journeyman

The fact that you need parses and think necros can't shine in a 45-60 second fight is proof enough you don't play one or play with good ones. Meaning you do not belong in this argument, in that time frame a necro could burn well over 400k DPS if played correctly.
  17. fransisco Augur

you say no one claimed 40% but then claim 50% with still no parses. As well, the fact that you claim tanks out damage necros shows all you have is hyperbole and QQ
  18. Thraine Augur

10 times the effort?? really? well i tell ya what, don't re-roll a ranger lol you'll go limping back to that necro pretty fast ~
    Faana likes this.
  19. fransisco Augur

We ask for parses cause necros are saying their dps has been totally destroyed, but everyone admits they only eyeball the data and a lot of QQ. And a 400k burn sure sounds like necros are still doing wonderful.
  20. Utaerx Elder

Do you not know any necros? Of course you do, you just want to roll out the absurd manaburn parses on the Live forums to make some point based upon data taken out of context about how badly we needed to be nerfed. Guess what, no one was arguing about the manaburn changes. And 400K at 45-60 seconds definitely is not possible now, not really sure where he got those numbers. But hey, the vast majority of DPS classes have been able to hit those kind of numbers (or relatively close) since TBM, so I'm glad proper balance has been restored to EQ.