Necro swarm pets since the patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malaari Manaburner, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Iila Augur

Mages are already skipping out of line to get extra helpings of nerfs. If the devs really try, I bet we can get 3 or even 4 classes nerfed per a patch while things like broken progression missions or raid mobs dropping no loot get pushed to live.
  2. Dacono New Member

But again necros don't matter that much because we only make up 3-4 players per high end guild as thats all that can even dot a mob at once
  3. YellowBelly Augur

I used to send tells to necros who would just swarm out in the open or brag in /general how they soloed ten Brother Island name (and hey it's rotting everyone!! Look at how great I am!!omg) that they may want to tone it down. As usual the weakest links in the class ended up bringing the class down. As far as the raid nerfs go I suspect it's other classes (who were green with envy) PMing devs parses. Can I prove it? No. Would I put it past anyone? No.
  4. Nenton Augur

Maybe if on paper we were talking about smaller decreases there could be some room for whatifs but on paper it's at least a 70% decrease in peak burn (plus we get to go back to the annoyance of nuking to proc twincasts for our DoTs). If your max burn was decreasing 70+% and to even accomplish that you had to put in more effort than before, would you have a desire to stick around?

That magnitude of a nerf is simply insane.

There's a post in the original test patch thread about all the annoyances necros have to go through to put out the numbers they do (it even missed some things and was already a long list). If there is no longer even a payout for that effort then what is the point?

Dzarn indicated he's coming after wizards next. As a freshly nerfed necro, I'd also ask what the point of that is? To alienate more players? Who wants to play a character progression game where you're continually "progressing" backwards?

Frustrating as hell.
  5. dwish Augur

They are probably nerfing wizards because there is basically zero reason to play any other dps on raids. They can't raise other classes to match wizards for obvious reasons so there is really one thing left to do regardless of how unpopular it may be with the playerbase.
  6. Silv Augur

Saying that necros don't matter b/c there are only 3 - 4 on a raid is mega-QQ, sorry :rolleyes:

As a friend said to me- it's the end of "CasterQuest". Of course at the rate they're going, they'll only be left with Paladins, SKs, some Clerics, and maybe some rangers (because always Rangers)... if they keep moving forward at this pace.

Oh geez... I feel the ghost of Kelefane floating around this thread.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  7. Matari Augur

They don't have to do much nerfing, all they have to do give smaller updates over the next few expansions. Less customer impact.
  8. Iila Augur

Kelefane was right.
    Gyurika Godofwar and MrMajestykx like this.
  9. Vrinda Augur

You make it sound like wizards take all ten of the top spots on raid parses, and I'm not sure that's true. We have a zerker and a rogue who routinely top our parses. Admittedly, the wizards are up there in the top ten (1=zerker, 2=rogue, 3=wizard, for example), but saying there's no reason to play any other dps class on a raid seems a bit of an exaggeration. I can't recall the last time zerker and rogue dps was nerfed. Maybe they've just been too busy nerfing necros and mages to focus any attention on the melee dps classes.

I don't want to see any classes nerfed, by the way. I just don't recall the last time nerfs were directed toward anything but the INT caster classes.
  10. Thana_01 New Member

my burn seems to be reduced by about 2/3.
    /GU Combat Dummy Azia in 144s, 11255k @78160dps --- Thana 11255k @78160dps (100%)
  11. Silv Augur

It's the apocalypse.
  12. Viper1 Augur

You must be new here.

anytime you have to ask a question starting with "Did you intend to mess up/nerf <insert literally anything here>?" The answer is always YES, YES THEY DID!!!

It's because "they" hate whatever class it is you're playing. They hate that one ability that you like to use. They hate it because you like it and want you to hate it as much as they do. They hate that we all still play this game and haven't moved on to EQ2, EQN, H1Z9G5FU2STFU or whatever other dumb spinoff project "they" are pushing, but not SWG. If you actually moved on to SWG they hate you so much they took your game away. "They" hate puppies, "they" hate cake, "they" are the ones who lied about the cake in the first place.
  13. Siddar Augur

At this point I think its more of a case of they hate there jobs and want to be fired so they can collect unemployment.
  14. Silv Augur

Trust me... if Aristo is still working there then it seems like it's almost impossible for anyone to get fired. (with the exception of mass layoffs which were likely based solely on salary and seniority)
  15. beryon Augur

Yeah, considering Dzarn was let go at first, they probably see frequent nerfing and broken content as a form of job security.
  16. Gnomeland Augur

Elidroth made, else took the blame for, a lot of nerfs, but he told us why he did it. For example, we know that they nerfed swarming abilities because it was lagging the servers and creating zone issues. We know that they nerfed pets because they had higher base damage reduction than actual players - even though much less avoid, but whatever, we were able to argue about it and they made several rounds of changes. And though it felt as though he didn't play the actual game, he did hold those chats & discussions for what each class wanted, and responded in a way that made it obvious what he was thinking.

Whoever is doing it now isn't telling us anything, and that's what's worst about it. No explanation for the nerfs is worse than the nerfs themselves, because you don't even know what the plan is, what the positive for the game is, and why you ought to continue playing.
  17. Silv Augur

I honestly think if you re-read your post that you will see there is absolutely no difference between when Elidroth did it or with whoever is doing it now. The former just had better PR skills. This is a video game, not office politics. Sorry.

(And if you want some prime examples of how pointless those chats were, one word: Druids)
  18. Gnomeland Augur

I think there is a difference, and it has to do with knowing what's ahead and being able to hold developers responsible for the end goal. And don't under rate customer relations. It goes a long way in the industry.
  19. Silv Augur

When most of your customer relations [Elidroth] were BS... that doesn't really help either. Were you there for every chat and the subsequent outcome of such?
  20. Gnomeland Augur

Take your class's chat as an example, since you were very involved with that.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/enchanter-aa-chat-summary.213326/

This was from the first three minutes, and we already know, then and there, more about Elidroth's views about the game than we have learned in the past three months of nerfs from the current developers.

We've learned that:
    • They want to make Enchanters the Bard for Spell DPS. This has actually been done.
    • They want to make Enchanters more involved in the DPS process. This might or might not have been done.
    • They want Enchanter charm pets to be able to main tank mobs from time to time. An explanation for why they might've made the pet aggro changes!
    Of course, it's not all this informative. You could argue that Elidroth then made a bunch of statements about current abilities that may/may not have been taken back later. But then again, was that actually Elidroth's decision? Hard to say.

Still beats not knowing why they made changes at all, though, doesn't it?
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.