Necro swarm pets since the patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malaari Manaburner, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Utaerx Elder

Have you tried raiding on a necro any time post swift-DoT nerfs? My guess is no.
    Vrinda, Spellfire and Bobsmith like this.
  2. Amor Augur

Any class posting parses on this forum is foolish. No class should post parses on these forums unless you want the nerf mongers attacking your class. Every class would be smarter never giving these people fuel for their personal views or agendas.
    Indrigoth, Mayfaire, Faana and 2 others like this.
  3. Bobsmith Augur

The only people that would ever likely receive a parse would be a dev willing to work with necros as a class. Not a troll on the forums. As far as dps on a ranger multi binds ftw. Dot multi binds are a joke due to server latency and other issues. Any high dps necro knows this. .....feeding the trolls is great, but how about a dev responds.
    Indrigoth and Mayfaire like this.
  4. fransisco Augur

Our point is that the necros are sounding like QQ trolls. Prove your serious
  5. Bobsmith Augur

Do you have a mouse in your pocket. I have no problem proving anything to someone who can help. You are not that person. Take a deep breath and slowly RE read my last post. You will understand it in time I am sure of it.
  6. valiantSeven Elder

All of this discussion is meaningless. Come up with a reason why this nerf is detrimental to players on the TLP servers and then you'll have a shot at having your voices heard!
  7. Utaerx Elder

Lulz, a necro troll accusing us of sounding like trolls. The irony is delicious. Listen, trust me, people who actually matter are taking it seriously. I know at least in my guild, a lot of people are concerned about what the necro DPS nerfs are going to mean for guildwide DPS, raid builds, and recruiting going forward. A lot of non-necros understand what the nerfs mean for the class and have been really supportive. Basically, people like you are in the minority, because most people don't have some pointless axe to grind against the class for god knows what reason.
    Indrigoth, Nenton, Mayfaire and 2 others like this.
  8. Amor Augur

Your point is irrelevant. Let me check, yep your name doesn't show up in red letters. Nothing needs to proven to you.
    Indrigoth, Nenton, Spellfire and 3 others like this.
  9. Silv Augur

This is why Necros have managed to avoid so much for as long as they have. They weren't stupid.

What kills me is just the blatant class envy. You people bashing Necros and justifying it etc. realize that these nerfs NEGATIVELY impact anyone who plays with a Necro right? Nerfs are not the answer. That is a horrible balance design.

Um,... yeah, doubtful. They already did a nice round of nerfing for months addressing Enchanter DPS, Runes, Mana regen, 'healing', ADPS, and several other things last year; if we wanna look at the year before that there are plenty of examples as well. I could think of one or two things that might be 'adjusted' but it isn't defensive.

Of course, I'm going to defend my own class but this definitely sounds like the propaganda machine without any actual parsing or stats to back it up.

However, completely clueless on BST warders though and why you mentioned them... what's the issue there?

Since we're going this route - my prediction: Wizards. Mainly because it was suggested by a Dev and well, I can't remember the last time they were nerfed.
    Mayfaire and Utaerx like this.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Unity rune is A-ok as is, eh? Will take your word for it ;)
  11. Silv Augur

Please explain to me how it isn't? Once it's down you're going to squish pretty fast due to a lack of other actual defensive abilities. They already nerfed the recast a while back for starters. And if you wanna use the argument 'well you can solo/molo named' then please make sure the other classes still capable of doing so cannot either :rolleyes: People like to oversimplify without having a clue of it in actual gameplay. Nerfing Unity would just result in a few small play style adjustments unless they want to re-work the entire set of rune lines. /shrug
  12. Duhbeast Augur

Yeah, what's up with the beast pets? Is there something I'm missing? I do like the new agro fix. Agro jumping back and forth from me to the pet like I'm actually fighting with the pet, pretty sweet.
  13. ShadowMan Augur

No matter how much you troll you will not get public parses but by all means continue you nonsense argument that since there are not public parses everything is fine.

Again learn to read I said "at times a tank class can provide more valued burst for a phase or mob of that duration" when someone was talking about a 20-40 second burn parse. That doesn't mean all tanks in all dps settings. But to spell out one example for you put a shadow knight that knows what hes doing with some adps on a heart of fear for Cazics raid. You know the key aspect to winning that raid the burn dps of the hearts.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not a fan of the hate values it generates, personally.
  15. ShadowMan Augur

I can't say I know what rangers do these days but I will guarantee its not close but nice try.

I don't know of rangers that use 24 or more spells from the last 4 expansions. While also requiring 20 different spell sets to handle it all based on fight duration, mob type, mob con, etc.
    I don't know of rangers that require 7 focus effects to get up to speed.
    I don't know of rangers hitting a self imposed limit to the number a guild can utilize.
    I don't know of rangers primary burn having conditions to use them like gift of deathly resolve and hand of death.
    I don't know rangers change how they burn or normally dps based on the settings. As in if a mobs undead and will live 40 seconds they do the same thing as they would as if the mob was live and lasted 60 seconds or if a mob was summoned and would last 3 minutes.
    I don't know rangers that are required to use 12 or 13 slot 3 augs spanning back multiple expansions.

The list goes on but not wasting my time.
    Vrinda and Mayfaire like this.
  16. Xikteny Augur

Wizards have been nerfed many times since, say, RoF. Some very recently.

I'm not saying Wizards are underpowered, overpowered, or just right. I'm just saying there have been plenty of wizard nerfs in recent times.
    Faana likes this.
  17. Silv Augur

My mistake then. I guess they don't make as big of a deal about it, so maybe it isn't your turn although Dzarn's comment was ominous :eek:

That's kindof a tradeoff of it being the "Unity" version, IMO at least. I don't really see that as something to be nerfed. If aggro is an issue, use one of the singles?

Anyhow... about those Necros! /sigh
  18. Derd Augur

That necro's have 24 spell's that don't overwrite each other...major design flaw making it a class that says they have to work too hard. Easy enough fix next expansion make a new set of dots that are set to the correct amount of dmg for each cast and that do not allow older dots to land. The correct amount being balanced around them being able to still be close or to the top of the sustained dps chart. Throw in some higher direct dmg spells also to help increase burst. Now you don't have to work so hard :)
    DruidCT likes this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

What I mean is that spamming it for crazy hate/AE hate generation is a little silly.
  20. DruidCT Augur

Sounds like a seriously broken class if you ask me, but to each your own.