Necro swarm pets since the patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Malaari Manaburner, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Silresa New Member

Progression is meant to somewhat mimic "back then", to at least some degree. Pets are still obscenely powerful on progression compared to what they ever were.
  2. mackal Augur

I watched a random stream on twitch of a necro swarming mobs. I thought it was rather dumb and wondered how long it would be until it got nerfed.

Now devs apparently said they were unlinked in the past because they were a bit weak and you could get a few more in, but that doesn't mean they had data that people were able to do very unintended things with a decision they made in the past.

Maybe the swarm pets will end up getting a bit of a boost so they're used as they were intended rather than just swarming to lock down a summoning named so you can solo it.
  3. Gnomeland Augur

The idea that they didn't know Necromancer swarm pets were used to tank monsters in the past is hard to believe, and they provided no explanation at all for why they were doing it. I think we all sort of believe that it's because Necromancers were using them to tank, but that's been the practice for years. When they nerfed swarm abilities, which were also available for years to the classes that had them, the cause for doing it was obvious: it was creating server problems due to the amount of monsters people were grouping together. It was also creating problems for actual players in those areas due to the server problems & the fact that the entire area was being killed by a single player every hour, every day. That required a solution so though people still complained, it was an understandable change.

These changes, who knows what they're for? At one level it's just to lower Necromancer DPS, and Dzarn said he's going to soon look at Wizard DPS, too. But for what purpose? Raids are getting too easy? Too few people playing melee DPS? The team has never been the best at communication but it's definitely gotten a lot worse in recent times.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

You're pulling straws. It was well known LONG before that chat what role Enchanters were playing in the game. Just because a dev said it AFTER the fact doesn't support your argument.

I really don't know why you're even trying to make this 'a thing'. Sure... Elidroth hosted some AA chats. Did that happen for TBM? Oh.... no. It didn't. :rolleyes:

Saying something that is meaningless or will be taken back months later is just the same as not saying anything at all. If you do not see it that way - well, that's your perspective.
  5. Gnomeland Augur

Regardless of whether you, personally, knew the role of the class, I think having a developer tell you, straight up, what *they* think the role of the class ought to be helps you decide whether to continue playing it, and what to look forward to.

Elidroth left around TBM. You know this, yes?

See, the difference is, I don't think Elidroth intended for his statements to be meaningless, and many of them weren't. All of his statements regarding the pet nerfs, for example, were pretty obviously exactly what the team believed. But I do believe that there's a lot that goes on that we're not aware of. Elidroth doesn't make every decision. He was the voice of the developers back in 2014, but he was not the only one responsible for class balance.
  6. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

What f2p nerf? Did they put Prestige tag on TBM group gear?
  7. strongbus Augur

in this case f2p stands for flesh to poison a necro self buff with a dd porc when we cast dots. before patch it worked with our twincast aa letting us twincast more dots. But after the patch the changes to the twincast aa makes it so we can't use the buff to get as many dots twincasted.
    JupiterKnight likes this.
  8. xtremeqg New Member

The swarm pet nerf is complete bollocks for the following reasons:
    1. Necros can still solo named (I killed several in the past day or 2).
    2. Other classes can solo named too.
    3. They were never without risk.
    4. Many named required a considerable mana pool and efficient mana management.
    5. Swarms were a nice way to deal with tons of gray trash mobs.
    They failed at nerfing what they were trying to nerf and outright removed more interesting mechanics.

At least I don't need to repeatedly cast that god-awful pet hate buff anymore.
  9. Blackhood Journeyman

Wife mentioned she was thinking about EQ the other day. Thought i'd pop on forums and check out the happenings. At least when the fade nerf was announced, it was just before TBM. I decided last minute to not pre order and eventually stopped playing after nerf dropped. The money I didn't spend on expansions/subscriptions(for multiple accounts) got me a nice ps4, diablo3, destiny and nhl16. And this post about necronerffing shows it was the right move, playing games that add content by addition/creation rather than subtraction. I actually look forward to patch days! Thanks for raging in forums and saving me more money that might have been spent on dbg, maybe i'll got pick up star wars battlefront with the savings! Cheers!
  10. fransisco Augur

Don't let this stop you. Whenever something overpowered gets nerfed, people cry doom/gloom and that the game is about to end.
    This is no different.
    code-zero likes this.
  11. Duhbeast Augur

My opinion on anyone that cries/quits over nerfs is a weak pathetic fool, and Shao Kahn agrees.
    Sheex likes this.
  12. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

All classes will be nerfed eventually.

Methinks enchanter defensive spells and Beastlord warders are next....
  13. Onhanis Stonescale Elder

So it won't effect my War/Shm group unless I get a Necro in the group.
  14. Natal Augur

Which proves that necros were over powered. Otherwise you wouldn't have been spending money to maintain a separate account, unless you were receiving a very big benefit from it.
  15. Natal Augur

No, they did it to bring those spells into line with other classes high dps spells that use long recasts to manage overall dps output.
  16. Natal Augur

The devs don't need player parses to figure out how much damage any particular class is putting out.
  17. ---Xislaben--- Augur

Well, that would be stupid, so I hope it's not true... not that you give any indication of being a reliable source for this information anyway...
    Indrigoth, Nenton, Bobsmith and 3 others like this.
  18. Utaerx Elder

[IMG]
    Indrigoth, beryon, Nenton and 3 others like this.
  19. menown Augur

I am so lost by Natal's comment. My alt account was a bard. I am not going to give DBG more money for stupid mistakes.

I spend money for entertainment. Pure and simple. But you clearly have a vendetta against necros so there is no point in arguing with you.
  20. Drakang Augur

Would like to see some hard parse numbers. We have not done a good raid mob for burn comparison to post patch. But seems like necro DPS is 1/2 to 1/3 what it was with a rough comparison vice one for one match.