Most impressive/most difficult EQ accomplishment of all time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Emphant, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Grento Journeyman

As a returning player this kind of worries me. I was hoping I would be coming back to raids that are even more difficult than when I left….

Please tell me i’m misreading what people are saying and that raids are actually more difficult than PoP/GoD and OOW era raids.
  2. Trajet D'Or Augur

Nissko likes this.
  3. Trajet D'Or Augur

Raids are far more difficult, the average raider no longer sucks so horribly that they think Rampage, AE and maybe some adds is a difficult fight.

The Legacy of Bayle is what 10 years ago would be considered a hard raid. Boss who hits really hard, Rampage, AE, some adds and even some spell immunity mechanics tossed in.

In the first ten days at least 34 guilds beat the event and Pain and Glory on Vox has since defeated it.
  4. Loratex The Ridiculous Necro

Deciding to play every time my subscription is expired
  5. Saphfyre Elder

Completing my Epic 1.0 by beating all the epic mob farmers to the spawn. No MQing.
  6. Deillusional Augur

7. Moklianne Augur

Or getting a cloth map.
    Chikkin likes this.
  8. Falos Augur

so many UI additions / customizations, and overall gameplay mechanic knowledge being mainstream amongst the playerbase though makes the current raids easier in relation to the playerbase than they were at the time of the old era, also it's significantly easier for raid guilds to have fully geared rosters due to how easy it is to obtain gear (RNG is far less of a factor than it was years ago)
  9. TheQxx Augur

When talking about "most difficult accomplishment" in EQ, the conversation is most certainly relative to the time, like Trajet said. Past encounters with mobs that have lots of hit points and flurry with Mack trucks on their fists (AoW) used to be the pinnacle of difficulty. A fight like that nowadays would be considered a joke. But still, I think beating AoW back when he was the new hotness was a more difficult feat than beating anything we've seen in the past 10 years+. There are exceptions or newer examples of difficulty still; Tunat in GoD & Solteris were very challenging for their time. But in the spirit of the thread's title, I don't want to confuse difficult with impressive. They do not always go hand in hand.

That being said, The Sleeper being killed on Zek is probably the most impressive accomplishment in EverQuest. They basically had 1 shot at killing it, for all intents and purposes, and the mobs itself was "unkillable" due to it's nature and mechanics. Furthermore, it was the last server that had a chance at doing it and they pulled it off, that certainly makes an impression.

Also, Tecknoe soloing Nagafen and Vox for the first time ever was quite impressive. People didn't believe it was even possible. I had to go through numerous debates showing logs and answering a billion questions and eventually having to put up video evidence which wasn't the easiest thing to do back in 2003. And still people thought it was a hoax. I shouldn't even say "thought", there are people even from this year on YouTube trying to debunk it. I should do a "10 years later" video in much better quality for shats and gaggles.

10. pk76 Augur

our 1st win in plane of fear ..............

1st try , we wiped at zone in ( corpses were naked at that time ) and no lobby to summon corpses.

it took us 16 hours to get our corpses out of there and we needed the help from another guild
    Andarriel, Soraia and Fle2ch like this.
  11. Tachyon Augur

I'd say original Plane of Sky and Fear, simply because the zones were so unforgiving and the tools so limited. No online guides for help and plenty of competition for each and every step of the way!

After that, Planes of Power at release, mostly because it took a full, well coordinated raid of 72 to get it done. Nothing is as hard as getting 72 individuals to work together as a team, period!
  12. fransisco Augur

They used an overpowered item to do so. All their druids and rangers had scimitars of the mistwalker (CRAZY overpowered back then). This lead to the procced pets being nerfed.
    Wouldn't be doable again without those unnerfed scimitar of the mistwalkers.
  13. idej Augur

Aside from Sleeper. I would say Avatar of War created more guild drama then any other raid I've been too. Was he super difficult overall? No but there was always one healer that lagged the rotation. Eventually he became trivial.
  14. dalead Elder

Hmmm, let's see. 1 group killing 55 consecutive black reavers back when 1 Rak'Ashiir nuke wiped our entire raid on the 1st tick. That's right. After one 850 point tick, all but 1 warrior went splat. He buffed out around 900 HPs IIRC. That was certainly fun.
  15. Roshen Brand Manager

Hey, I'd watch it.
    Eteract, Enkel, Nissko and 1 other person like this.
  16. Geroblue Augur

And not havnig a character die in the tutorial. Took me several characters/tries to accomplish that. And this was when the tutorial ended at level 5.
  17. Kolani Augur

Sleeper was still up on Firiona at that time as well.
  18. Daathmarkus New Member

Breaking the addiction of this game.
    Skewert and Chikkin like this.
  19. Zorasis Lorekeeper

Being kicked by a snake...
    Perplexed, Chikkin, Ellyra and 3 others like this.
  20. irongate [MiM] New Member

The Sleeper on Ralloz.. Im still proud that I was one of those that made that.. If I dont remember wrong, that event was voted as among the top 5 of ALL MMORPG events.

/ irongate [Magus Imperialis Magicus]