Most impressive/most difficult EQ accomplishment of all time

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Emphant, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Axxius Augur

Recent years? Beating Sepulcher 5 before it was nerfed into the ground. That was an epic fight.
    Imrahil and Genoane like this.
  2. Georgeo Journeyman

Breaking into plane of fear for the first time pre kunark, then after that was being one of the first sk's to get the 1.0 on BB, had to beg some club fu members to get Lhranc down :)
  3. Tutunka Journeyman

Sleeper was defeated multiple times when Velious was the top expansion by Conquest .. With an 82 man raid force.. YEARS .. before the 200 man multiple guild attempt..
  4. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, he was awoken he was not defeated. There were a few exploits that were done to almost win, but those people were caught in the act.
    RZ server just before, I think, GoD came out was the first and only time he was beaten without any exploits being used.
  5. Tutunka Journeyman

No it was taken down to 5% three times. When a GM came in an reset it twice when the mob was below 6% and on its death bed. Conquest did this when it was current content.
    -xeus- likes this.
  6. Dexar Elder

My entire guild quit between 2006-2008 (me in 2007). I returned by myself in 2011 and now have about 1/3 of the core guild back playing and gold. This wasn't easy, as they all left to play other games.

Dexar.
    Skewert and EightBitTony like this.
  7. hakmer Augur

This is going to sound cheesy, but i think it might be worth saying.
    the most impressive accomplishment to me is the amount of friendships and acts of kindness this game has inspired and cultivated. People who in some cases have never seen each other in person, opening their minds hearts and in some cases their wallets to other people. I've not seen one game have such an impact on creating life long friends. From that random person who came up to me the very first time i logged on and gave me food and a few plats, to the friend who made our guild t shirts and mailed them to everyone in the guild free of charge. This game amazes me like that all the time.
    Skewert, Eteract, Metanis and 5 others like this.
  8. RpTheHotrod New Member

This was YEARS ago when Kunark first released. I remember that I was an Enchanter and my tank somehow ended pulling almost all of Sarnak castle. We pulled like 30+ Sarnaks all yellow - red con. The fight took about 15-20 minutes but I managed, just barely, to keep the entire situation under control the entire time trying to balance my mana usage as much as possible. After the final Sarnak fell, we just stood there in silence giving a big ole sigh of release...not a single person died. Man, that was nuts.
  9. Lrbearclaw New Member

Getting Earthcaller non-multi-quest, leveling a Berserker before potions, soloing Paludal as a level 15 Ranger before Defiant gear or potions (sans Temp).
  10. Dre. Altoholic

I used to be impressed by the Master Artisan title. Now I just feel bad for people who are forced to tradeskill to get items they want (epics, TS armor, shawls)

I wouldn't say it's my proudest accomplishment, but HoT Challenger was a really fun achievement and I'd love to see more stuff like this.
  11. Falos Augur

AH, good ol' conquest. The ORIGINAL 'pillar' tankers.
  12. Dannynine Journeyman

hmmm my biggest Most impressive/most difficult EQ accomplishment of all time...hmm...the one that spring to mind was proving to people that you could kill guild master's...( before they made it so you cant attack them anymore ) ... everyone said it could not be done...this was around the time OoW came out...i wanted to prove them all wrong...so i went to south qeynos on my level 70 mage ( char name dannynine ) and killed the warrior's guild master... that fight had taken me 6 hours and 24 min's to do solo none stop fighting...and at the end of it...all i had to show was 4plat and 2 gold hahaha....oh and a massive faction hit haha...but its a fight i will never forget hehe
    Skewert, Wayylon and Sinsu like this.
  13. Axxius Augur

Surely you don't count exploiting geometry (and getting caught in the act by GM) as an accomplishment?

Next thing you know, somebody will post that they are proud of soloing Solteris on a monk while it was still current... ;)
  14. Ultrazen Augur

Ah man, I started playing at release....there are so many. Oddly enough, it's not the "big" ones that stuck with me....
    1. The first time Crush was killed on our server, highest level character on the server was 19 I think and a ranger. Up until that point, Crushbone was a place of massive death and trains, and Crush himself was just a foreboding figure perched in a parapet. This was when I started hearing about even more insane places like Cauldron and Unrest......

2. The first time someone actually tanked Dvinn, instead of running screaming for the zone, was an epic fight that I was in on.

3. When our group literally found Lower Guk. This was at a time when there weren't any maps, or even mention of it on the web. We spent the next month slowly creeping our way through that place trying to figure out where the hell we were lol. So....freaking...scary. To this day that sound of frogs hopping makes me nervous. It's probably also why I wake up in the middle of the night screaming SNARRRREE. When something got away down there, you were dead and in for hours long corpse recovery with no gear on.

4. Splitting Tormax off of his guards, which wasn't suppose to be possible. Managed to do it on my monk with a bioluminescent orb (blind) and some fancy footwork.

There are tons of these that are all very personal, along with all the great friends I've made along the way. Met some really great people and that is what I will remember the longest by far.
    Skewert, Eteract and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  15. Tutunka Journeyman

Couple things, Ax.

One being Conquest would have easily downed the event when it was current with a full raid which was 82 members at that time. Two being Your guys entire server years after the fact was a decent go at it, but still my opinion .. CQ downed that event . Also the GM was in there watching the entire second attempt and said not 1 word to anyone until we had the event down below 6%. And then all of a sudden it was an "exploit" just because we were downing it .. (again, years before an entire server did it and with literally less then half the amount of people it took on your server to do it).
    Tho you guys are a close second. Being thee only other time I've ever heard of it being taken down.
    -xeus- likes this.
  16. Torriadore Elder

The death of the Sleeper on RZ is the correct answer. There is a reason this event spawned hundreds of commentators across server wide chat channels and made it onto many mmo fansites as one of the most significant events in mmo history.
    Eteract and Sinsu like this.
  17. Stubar Augur

Not pet tanking any event in VoA.
    Eteract, Gortar and Yinla like this.
  18. Atvar Augur

Sleeper kill is probably the biggest due to getting no second chances. (And raids cap at 72 not 82 members)

Biggest kill for me is easily Triunity. Winning attempt was closing in on 2 hours and we were basically learning all the mechanics, especially for phase 3, as we ground through it. It took 1.5 months before a 2nd guild beat it which I think is a record?
  19. Kolani Augur

Sleeper was pre-raid window, so a raid was as many people as you could get in the zone without crashing it and as many cats as your raid leader wanted to herd.
    Skewert and Sinsu like this.
  20. Sinsu New Member

Yeop..good ole days of.. EVERYONE IN ZONE = RAID. I remember those.

Lets see... there were some raiders on FV server that wanted to kill the gnomes in Ak.anon. So some didn't want this to happen. People began piling up in the tunnel. They blocked it so no one was allowed to go in. Some made it. Most did not. In zone was 300+ people..pretty much EVERYONE that was on the server was there. Boats had 20+ people coming to Ak'anon. Than the GM showed up..peeps got mad...duels were going on EVERYWHERE. Gm's were moving peeps..yes more than one GM.. NOT GUIDE. IT was crazy. Max level was 55 at the time. Most were max level. Even some guild leaders got in on the duels. Monks totally owned and Sk's. After 2 hours it was all done.. the guild wiped trying to kill the hole Ak'anon. lol. Probably the coolest thing ever seen in EQ. and I have not missed much.
    Anyone still playing that was there? plz comment.
    Pirouette and Mary Poppins like this.