Lord Kyle Bayle Group Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sphynx_CT_SR, May 21, 2014.

1. Siddar Augur

Sorry your wrong here.

The negative hp effect has to be stronger then your HP regen to break mezz. That's why you don't think lich breaks mezz because SK lich is not strong enough to overcome your HP regen rate. Its also why necromancer have to avoid HP regen buffs if they want lich to break mezz.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

We won it first try, with toughness challenge. Group was war, brd, clr, dru, nec, mage.

We're all very well raid geared. I think the mission could use a tune down. While we were never in danger of losing, I think with a less ideal group or less well geared folks it could be very very ugly.
  3. Tearsin Rain Augur

just to chime in - siddar is correct there.
    anything that causes your HP to be reduced will break mez, including lich.
    however, these days HP regen from AAs and gear alone will overcome lich, so it's not feasible to use lich to break mez unless you basically remove all your gear.

so... technically possible, but not feasible.
  4. Narknon Augur

Test finally got synced with live. Almost positive that previously we had a different version of this mission than live did. Completed with little difficulty, but with staunches being used by a few of us. War-War-Cleric-Cleric-Enchanter-Wizard
  5. feiddan Augur

Had a second group on Test run SK-Mage-Wiz-Rogue-Monk-Cleric. It was long and had its difficult moments, but very very doable.

Both these groups featured characters mostly in RoF T1/T2 raid gear - nothing uber, but a fair step up from group stuff. I think all twelve of us got this down in our first chance since Test was patched (we'd all seen the event play out before, but had trouble progressing under the prior, more difficult, circumstances).

Risk-vs-reward doesn't seem too far off. It felt like a worthy accomplishment, but it didn't seem to me some sort of unapproachable juggernaut. Kudos to those who get it down - enjoy that trophy!
  6. Apocalyps Elder

I actually found the first few times i did this mission it was pretty fun beat it with 2 different group combos
    Clr, wiz, ranger, pal, sham, warrior (prob the smoothest of the 2)
    clr ,wiz, monk, pal, sham, warrior

Def a breath of fresh air like the challenge outside of the lag so far the tower of rot seems to be pretty fun
  7. Dandin Augur

Just did this tonight with

Mage Mage Cleric Cleric Wizard Enchanter

I even tanked a little.

I was hoping to record. But the frame rate in Tower of Rot is the worst
  8. Qualzek Augur

Achievements are pretty tough in this mission .....have tried a few different techniques on some of the achievements and they are tougher than I expected (aka my good ideas weren't so good). Haha fun mission though
  9. gnomeboss Augur

this mission is so long it broke my parser. gg, soe. you nerfed my parser.
  10. Falos Augur

I say this as a player that has a long history of going out of my way trying to complete everything in the group game, conquests, missions, quests, collections, hunter, plane of war, etc....

EQ missions and quests need to stop being tuned around the expectation that a person doesn't have a life, this game is extremely inaccessible at an end game group / raid level unless you are willing to throw your life away, and while thhat might be cool at a young age it gets harder and less pleasant as you get older.

Alll of this missions other flaws aside, the amount of time it requires to even have a chance of winning is just.... ugh.
  11. feiddan Augur

I don't see the big issue with one mission in the entire expansion being tuned this way. Shoot, some of those RoF missions are quite long (PoS1 anyone?) and far more boring. ToR2 is an all-hands-on-deck 100% of the time type mission, not really allowing for AFK breaks.

My parser showed my one attempt at 2621s (43min); my guild's other group reported 3200s (53min). Sure, this is an anomaly in the ultra-casual CotF expansion, but asking for 45 minutes isn't so bad for the reward.
  12. Seldom Augur

Buy a heroic char, buy a couple augs from vendor, get a couple of levels and for most classes in Everquest, you will be raid ready. Raid game has nearly never been as easily accessible in any era of EQ. If you cannot juggle playing EQ at top end without throwing your life away, that's more of a your own mindset type of thing than reality. The game is called "Ever"quest, one would hope there would be a "few" quests in game that take a considerable amount of time heh
  13. Pwnography Augur

War/War/Wiz/Monk/Cleric/Druid - No slows.

It took us two attempts. First one we wiped due to an unfortunate dual enticer spawn on Arch Mage that mezzed both tanks and killed the healers (a learning experience) -- second time it went flawlessly (No Deaths, Avoiding Claymore achievements) The fight was long (40 minutes almost exactly). Really, it was pushing through all three mini bosses that was the most difficult. Burns should be used on the Arch Mage phase to get rid of the pesky stun/mezz adds that can impact tank. We had one healer healing, while the other faded and medded periodically.

Once all the minis are dead, you stop getting timed spawns and can effectively tank mezz Bayle forever if you need group members to rest up. Its all % based after that and went quick. It wasn't horribly difficult at all, just time consuming. There wasn't any "on the edge of my seat" moments.

If I were to do it again and pick an 'optimal' group, I'd ideally bring a Shaman (relatively no mana issues along with slows) instead of a druid and a Mage over a second warrior. I firmly believe pet tanking the named while the Warrior picks up adds is the way to go, both in terms of ease, less risk on mezz, and increased dps. The group comp, of course, will alter a bit when I go for the "eight adds up at once" achievement.

I believe it can be done in group gear, just requiring the right composition. I'm going to say Cleric/Shaman/War/Mage/Rogue/Zerker (blue mobs can be decapped and assassinated quickly). You could sub in some caster dps, I suppose, and I wouldn't see an issue. We never had slows or the sustain of a shaman, which would have made the event a face-roll.
  14. The Drood Elder

Give us the 12 man limit again. I would think this should be one of those. Even if u can beat it with 6 give us that option.
    There are a few that are end content 12 player group missions
  15. Cisco Elder

Beat it with SK, Paladin, 2 clerics, Necro, Monk ... CoTF T1 raid geared. Staunches, QMs... Beautiful... Took about 45 mins to complete on our first try on launch day. Still have to go back and repeat this one for the achievements unfortunately ><. Fairly entertaining mission, but painfully difficult for anything that is less than an ideal group at this time. I don't know how group geared toons would pull this one off too be honest. And if they do, might have been extremely lucky, or extremely long and slow paced.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Rotating boxes in and out? Can't remember when the Task locks pretty sure it wasn't till the ending phase....
  17. Cisco Elder

No boxes, that's just the group make up that we had. Wondering what the ideal make up would be to get all 3 achievements done so I can go back to slitting my wrists in PoWar ><
  18. Whulfgar Augur

19. Axxius Augur

The task locks when the 3rd mini dies.
  20. Falos Augur

You cannot complete every conquest / quest / plane of war content without throwing your life away. I say this as someone who has done it.
    Ravengloome likes this.