Lord Kyle Bayle Group Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sphynx_CT_SR, May 21, 2014.

1. Songsa Augur

Yea no clerics but 5 classes with heals though ;)
  2. Iila Augur

Hey, only one paladin! I was expecting two.

Can RNG and BST radiant cures remove the debuffs in this mission? Maybe 3 RCs in the group is enough to make up for not having a real curing class.
  3. Qualzek Augur

You are getting the times and percentage add at the same time I imagine.... Have to make sure you coordinate hitting % adds with when the timed will spawn or just handle both if you got the group make up to do so... From the sounds of it you are then getting another timed add..... Arch magus was toughest part in my opinion we burnt through this phase
  4. Zarzac Augur

Big fan of this mission.

Having 1 group mission per expansion that is a challenge for raiders and only beatable by the best of the best group geared players I think is good for game. Reminds me of MPG trials type difficulty when Omens was current, only a LOT longer.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

Same. Completed this last night and was pretty much on the edge of my seat for most of the fight, first time in a long time that i have truly enjoyed a group mission due to being difficult without silly mechanics (Resplendent Temple).
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Noticed some odd differences when I attempted to do this on Test with some people: 1) I was getting frontal backstabbed by blackguards 2) the add waves seemed inconsistent compared to the version I did on Live. Is the version on Test different from the live version?
  7. feiddan Augur

This happened in the plane of war, also. Rogue mobs need to have a non-piercer in the primary.

Better, since this seems to be a recurring problem, it might be worth looking into disabling NPC face-stabbing altogether.
  8. Axxius Augur

I'm waiting to see a report of this being done with 6 paladins. It would be the most fun ever. Come on, Xegony people! It needs to happen. :)
    Reht, Marton and Iila like this.
  9. Nylrem Augur

We did it with Pal, necro, magician, cleric, shaman, ranger, all but ranger in very good raid gear, ranger in RoF raid gear. It took us about 80 minutes. Pet tanked each named, and pally tanked all adds as they popped, 'stop'ing pet as adds popped so as to not dps named at all until adds were dead, then starting dps on named again.

Wash, rinse, and repeat forever, and win. Even the shaman used staunch...

I don't possibly see how any group geared group could complete this. Any reports at all of a group only geared group beating it?
  10. Narknon Augur

We'll get the % add, and then 15 seconds later or whatever it ends up being til the next timed, 2 mobs will spawn at the same time with no further dps on the boss. Potentially giving us 3 yellow mobs spawned within a few seconds. Let alone the servants/pets. Is that the same way its working on live?
  11. Wiji Elder

Appreciate the reply. The reason I asked is because we are on test, we are not sure if the mission is a bugged version. We aren't getting multiple timed adds, we are getting 2 adds almost every %change and a timed add. So 3 yellow Beguilers/conjurors, and countless pets.

On the captain(?) We are getting 2x blackguards almost every %break and the timed adds.

A large majority of the time we are fighting 2-3 adds, where on live it sounds like you guys are fighting 1-2. I do believe this is the bugged version, I s just looking for confirmation. Thanks.
  12. Orbital101 Augur

Knowing that raiders will most likely be the first few doing this mission they always over tune stuff to give them a challenge... dont worry it will be tune down soonish.

Been done with that mission the first day it came out without anyone dying with war,clerc,druid,sk,necro,bard first try but without Battle Royal. Went back to get it, never was able to pass the first mini and his beguilers and that was with 3 pal,clerc, ench, zerker lol

I got mezed once the first try and constantly the other time trying to get the achiements. id be there right now untill i drop dead to get that achievement but the only reply i get when i ask around is wait till it get nerf down. This is how hardcore people as become ;P
  13. Qualzek Augur

like i said wiji and nark i think it is just piling up the adds but i could be wrong... the timed ones come quick.... and i believe % is 90 70 50 30 10..... good way to do it is get him to like 92... 72..52... 32... 12... make sure you clean up the timed add quick... kill the % add then setup for next.... could be bugged but i think you are just getting piled up
  14. Ravengloome Augur

Thing is on Test we get 2 adds for each %age, and 1 add for the timed. There was a couple times when we did it we got the 2 adds for the percentage and then when my timer went off and the timed adds popped we now had 3 mobs in camp + named.

Its guaranteed 2 adds per %age break

and then another add on timer (I have a stopwatch i start on screen once i see the boss pop, that ticks down to 40s and starts over, I have a pretty good clue when the adds are going to come).

Compared to when i Did it on Live: we got 1 add per %age break and 1 add for the timer.
  15. Zahrym Augur

Again, this mission has been done by group geared people. Things like http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=2493 are invaluable. Reminds me a lot of doing the Dragons, Dragons, Dragons... at level 85/90 and finishing it with one group. Not everyone can or should be able to do it with any 6 people or 3ppl + 3 mercs you can find, you build a group that can sustain and win. We just beat it last night with 2 people boxing.

Beast/Bard/Sham/Sham/War/Enc - not exactly top tier dps, but with 4 pets...charming..you can make it work.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Thats the potion I was looking for yesterday I couldn't remember the name of thanks Zahrym
  17. Serriah_Test Augur

What about the jerk-face chaotic jester's poisoned food?
    I forget if it reduced hp or just mana... or both :p
  18. Siddar Augur

What was the make up of the group geared group that beat this?

By the way I doubt the negative HP effects will break the mezz. I went in with negative 39 hp regen on necromancer after dropping knowledge of the past buff and mezz was still landing. maybe i got a ninja hp regen buff from somewhere but I don't think so. I don't even think most classes can gain enough negative HP effects to overcome base hp regen with AA these days. Maybe the fear fruit from CoF would do it but I understand that effect is actually mislabeled HP regen not damage.
  19. Denial_Sinfae Augur

The negative aspect from Lich spells does not break mez. Never has.

----- Edit
    and it doesn't matter how much the Dmg done: Hp regen difference is to break mez, it's just any damage at all.

If you watch a mob regen, they have a ton... but you can break mez with a single point press the attack, grapping strike, throw stone, etc... etc...

It's why the swarm pets from big casters do 1 pt of damage, to break a mez and allow the pet to attack the target and not just stand at the masters feet and say I'm sorry master but I cannot attack that target.
  20. sojero One hit wonder