Lord Kyle Bayle Group Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sphynx_CT_SR, May 21, 2014.

1. Karhar Dream Crusher

Tried it last night for about 4 hours, Warrior, SK, Ranger, Monk, Berserker, Cleric.. Needless to say, we need another healer, I as a cleric was not able to keep up with anything, We made it to the priest but we'd get overrun and eventually i'd run out of mana, used VP/QM atleast twice each attempt + Kiss, Robe, 10k mana pots which is 5% mana :p Helped when i got a mage rod but had to really watch it. We're trying again tonight but this time we'll bring a shaman with us instead of a dps.
  2. Ayoheee Augur

Congratulations
  3. Zantor Augur

I can see in about another week or 2 for this to be tuned down a bit, is beatable just really need raid geared toons and the right mix of them.
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

We beat it with Bard, Warrior, Warrior,Cleric, Monk & Mage. Took us 40 minutes or so & ran low or out of mana many times.
    Ssixa likes this.
  5. Edrick Augur

We knocked it down last night, too. There is a trend among every party makeup some people might notice, and I personally don't see how you could complete this mission without that trend as it currently stands.
  6. Zantor Augur

Just beat it also, SK 2 clerics, wizzy, monk and bst. was super rough and we are all high end raid geared, I wouldn't even want to think about all group geared people doing this mission. I hope they tune it down soon.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Qulas Augur

Ran it again tonight, Monk, Rogue, Rogue, Paladin, Wizard, Cleric.

All raid geared except the 2nd rogue who was very under geared, but overall the mission was really challenging.

Felt LOTS easier than when we attempted it the other night, but maybe delirium from a 14 hour play session had something to do with it.
  8. Torriadore Elder

Won with PAL / PAL / BER / ROG / CLR / SHM.

Pretty close to the ideal setup others who won have posted.All raid geared, it was a bit rough on mana (cleric saved QM for self and was still 1m. Don't think anyone had staunch left after Bayle raid the other night. Shaman was still pretty comfortable on mana). Both paladins were oom by the time Bayle was active again.
  9. Symbius Augur

Mission is pretty much a joke at the moment with the way the adds mez. All it comes down to is luck on getting beyond that step.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

I used 2 modrod charges, 2 VPs, but saved QMs for the wizard and other Cleric (who isn't nearly as raid geared as the rest of us were). I helped out by Turn Undead offtanking when the Monk/Beast were already wrapped up with mobs. That was a fun 3rd run, Zantor. Discuit was a good leader, next time we'll finish those challenges. ;)

In the end, I feel that 1 solid tank with a dedicated healer (probably Cleric, as our lesser Cleric basically stayed healing only him) should stay on Kyle or whatever mini is up, add a second healer (Cleric, or Shaman for slows), a solid offtank (our BL and Monk both did good, but there were some really close calls), and 2 solid sustainable DPS. There were moments when the Wizard had picked up mobs and I was lucky to catch well-timed remedies on him to keep him alive.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Brosa Augur

I Only lag when boxing and in ToR its real bad. So I turned almost everything off and it fix the lag issue. Takes away from the experience a little but better then dieing do to lag
  12. Zantor Augur

Yeah was some close calls for sure, hopefully tomorrow we can get another /ach or 2 done. But I think a chanter would be golden in there, mezz's and a charmed pet.
  13. Ssixa Augur

Speaking as the shaman from this group, this mission was a lot of fun. We even got the challenge of toughness achievement (I think we actually got all the achievements)...a few close calls, those red adds at the end kept charging me, I had to totem at one point...overall, it just took a very cohesive group effort, with all 6 of us constantly talking in Ventrilo saying what we were doing, etc. Proud to own that trophy, its certainly a nice sense of accomplishment.

Oh. And the chest loot we got was a caster aug "Heart of Rot" stats are 190 hp, 270 mana / end, 8 Heroic Wis/Int, 8 Spell Dmg / Heal Amt.

More content like this, please.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  14. Ssixa Augur

I lied, we didn't get all the achievements =(
  15. Edrick Augur

You'd have to purposely try to get Battle Royal, it isn't an achievement you'd accidentally stumble on like lots of other CotF achievements.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

Paladin, Sk, Cleric, Enchanter... then wizard and beast I boxed the first four 2 others were friends did successfully in group gear. It was abit rough, got toughness challenge though !
    Ssixa likes this.
  17. Ssixa Augur

Yeah, a group of guildmates did get them all (and got the poison/disease resist debuff clicky), I guess they probably tried for it specifically. I don't think anyone in my group even looked at the achievements until afterwards.
  18. Tearsin Rain Augur

war / sk / cleric / shaman / rogue / mage
    all raid geared so it was quite easy.

couple of major tips for people reading this thread that may be having difficulty:
    1. cleric viral reverse DS spell... very useful.
    2. tank the minis against a wall and have your 2nd tank standing halfway across the room to tank the adds, makes it way easier to prevent AE overlap.
    3. don't discount the blue con swarm pet adds - they hit fairly hard but have very low HP, it's worth it to kill them first when they come out.
    4. seems like for the minis adds are both % based *and* timed, you get 1 add about every 40 seconds as well as an add every 10-15%
    5. have your event strat be to focus all dps on adds and dps on minis to just be incidental, otherwise you're going to end up overwhelming yourselves.
  19. Tearsin Rain Augur

more in-depth guide:

this event is much like 'the return of king xorbb' in that you need to approach it from the perspective of dealing with the adds, and damage to the named being more secondary.
    as long as you can: A. keep up with the adds and not get overwhelmed, and B. keep up with doing that for the duration of the event, this mission isn't *that* difficult.

you will want 2 tanks for this, many (not all) adds are mezzable so encs can be good as well.
    pretty much everything in this mission is undead.

final note: the 'named' mobs will all leash if you try to drag them from the 'table room' to the lower room, so it is theoretically possible to leash-summon-tank the minis while killing the adds, if you're having healing difficulties.

location note about adds:
    first mini's adds spawn in the room to the RIGHT of the ramp (as you enter the room bayle is in)
    second mini's adds spawn right at the top of the ramp.
    third mini's adds spawn to the LEFT of the ramp (as you enter the room bayle is in)
    final set of adds spawn against the left back wall.

bayle adds to 75%: blue cons, didn't cast anything or do anything special.

arch mage harron adds: beguiler and coercer - beguilders cast a 40 curse counter 20s duration mez, coercers cast a swarm pet, a frontal cone ae nuke, and spawn buffed with circle of emberskin, a 2000 point DS.

captain whitson adds: disciple, and blackguard - disciples force FD random people, blackguards hit harder and i think backstab, but have about 1/4th the hp of a disciple.

high priest adds: a commander and a guard - they cast some stun spells in theory, didn't really notice it though, these were easy.

final bayle adds: red con, lots of hp, didn't cast anything or do anything special.

tips and tricks:
    1. cleric viral reverse DS spell... very useful, especially on harron, as it will wipe the DS off the adds as soon as they pop.

2. tank the minis against a wall and have your 2nd tank standing halfway across the room to tank the adds, makes it way easier to prevent AE overlap.

3. don't discount the blue con swarm pet adds - they hit fairly hard but have very low HP, it's worth it to kill them first when they come out.

4. seems like for the minis adds are both % based *and* timed, you get 1 add about every 40 seconds as well as an add every 10-15%
  20. Kamea Augur

It certainly isn't impossible for 1 group, but many mechanics of it clearly weren't well thought out when they transferred them to raid to group content.

Besides the beguiler mez, you can't say any particular thing is OP for group content. But the combination of all the mobs (and how hard they hit) and effects that need to dealt with makes it quite overtuned for a group mission.

I would say there is a high probability this mission is going to be nerfed eventually. If that is a correct assumption, I would prefer to see it happen soon rather than 3 months from now.