Lord Kyle Bayle Group Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sphynx_CT_SR, May 21, 2014.

1. Falos Augur

I agree they are nowhere near shaman efficiency but they are still quite a bit ahead of other casters. that's mainly why i referenced earlier "to a lesser extent necros" I must admit I do enjoy the pre-planning aspects of some missions that's actually one of the more enjoyable things about conquests, I just don't like how some of the mechanics artificially extend the mission, it just felt like a cheap way to extend the mission to me. And like I mentioned (actually edited it in my last post) I try to mainly be a voice of more casual players that dont really keep up with what goes on on the forums, because a lot of the people that post on the forums are the minority, I'd wager maybe 1-2 percent of the playerbase actually posts on here and it's generally more people that play eq in a way similar to you and I. But i try to keep the majority of players in the back of my head as well when I i've consideration to mission mechanics and such.

EQ is my primary hobby and I just want to see it live a long healthy life (even longer than it has thus far) A lot of people both raiders and groupers seem unhappy on how things are playing out for various reasons and i'd like to see lots of people be able to experience all the missions to their fullest in the group game (some aspects of the plane of war don't apply to this statement though that's a totally separate part of the game so it can stay as is)
  2. Siddar Augur

Blossom has a few seconds lag on refresh these days. Seems to be a on same timer as DoT ticks in that it can refresh before the tick but wont be usable until the tick happens. Its not the refresh and wait another 30 second for server to let you finallybe able push it like it was when first released.

Its a rather key ability in this group mission of finding 36 seconds to drop agro to be able to click it. Chaining mindwrack is also very important for the group as a whole on this mission.
    Falos and Ravengloome like this.
  3. Qualzek Augur

Very nice and congrats. We had trouble when we tried with the mezs not holding.... I may just put together a group that can handle it with me keep the 4 locked down below in a corner not sure which route to go first. Glad to here the successful win with all 3 achievements.
  4. roguerunner Augur

I think the only thing necessary to make this better is to take away the timed adds from the minis in addition to the % ones
  5. Waldagar Augur

We have been attempting this mission with a group geared group using healer mercs. We can get to the Arch Mage but we quickly get overwhelmed by adds. We are getting a single pop, usually a beguiler, then then 2 convokers right after. The convokers pop pets and suddenly you have 5 mobs plus the mini. Has anyone had success mezzing the yellow con mobs beguiler/convokers?
  6. Axxius Augur

This mission is not beatable with merc healers. They are too stupid and run out of mana before you are even through with the first mini.

As for 2 convokers, you are doing it wrong then. There are % based adds and timed adds. If 2 convokers are spawning on you at about the same time, it means you got to the next % spawn too close to the next timed spawn. If you cannot handle them atthe same time, then you need to stop dps, wait for the timed add to spawn, kill it, and then proceed with the next % spawn.

This mission is brutal and requires a strong group to beat. Mercs won't do.
  7. ~Mills~ Augur

No way are necros ahead of other casters at this point for in combat regen. Death Blossom can die in fire. It is not an in combat regen ability like everyone else has. Still waiting to see the "manage your resources" changes for the other casters and endurance.
  8. Kobrah Augur

Wizard, Enchanter, Magician, Necromancer, Cleric, 1 wiz mercenary that died early on during AM. 24 minutes. Go team!
  9. Drakang Augur

Nice to have a mission that you come out of having gone through all your abilities and pushing your group to excel. Its very winnable just have to have people paying attention and playing well not half assing it like you can for most of the missions.
    feiddan likes this.
  10. tinywolf1 Journeyman

Finished this earlier tonight with:

Druid; Wizard; Warrior; Mage; Ranger (merc healer)

I'm still feeling really good about it :)
    Crystilla and feiddan like this.
  11. feiddan Augur

Congrats! Kudos to anyone who's pulled this off with merc healers.
  12. Drathus Augur

Warrior, Cleric, Shaman, Berserker, Bard, Magician - All group geared, no steadfast servant, chaotic jester, or staunch recovery available to us. The problem we are having is completely running out of mana / endurance half way through the fight. Shaman is fine of course, but the shaman can't keep everyone up once the Cleric is OOM. Wiped about 25 times or so between different attempts and different strats. The warrior is taking large amounts of spike damage at different times during the event also. If the mage and berserker slow down the DPS to conserve mana / endurance, the cleric ends up running out of mana earlier in the event. I'm sure having raid gear with raid focuses would make a huge difference. A little frustrating right now, but we will keep at it. If anyone has any suggestions for us dealing with mana / endurance conservation, it would be appreciated.
  13. Zahrym Augur

I would suggest your bard run regen aura + pulse in song rotation & make sure you crescendo on cooldown. I've done this mission probably 10 or 12 times now helping various people, when mana is an issue it's almost always the players fault.

Mission #3: Cleric ran oom by 80% or so on the first mini, problem was spamming group heals, not using QM/personal QM, not being efficient.

Mission #5: We had bard/enc but druid was oom before fight was over, problem was no pulse/aura/crescendo, no second spire.

Mission #7: Warrior wasn't disc'ing properly, wasn't keeping commanding up, wasn't using gutpunch & knee strike and other mitigation abilities to properly control the flow of DI rounds.

Just some suggestions from personal experience. Also the fact you have two healers, shamans simply shouldn't run out of mana...unless the mission is just taking you like hours and hours. Canni AA + Personal canni + spiritual channeling + free twincast + low mana cost and high efficiency heals = he could cast for a few hours.
  14. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

Bard should be using regen aura, both regen songs (Pulse & Chorus), Crescendo, and Reflexive Retort. Cleric has the option of using the spell version of Yaulp for even more mana regen (and should at least be using the AA Yaulp), Vetikura's Preservation, Quiet Miracle whenever they're up. Cleric should also use Smite the Wicked & Turn Undead. Warrior should use Imperator's Command for mana regen as well (doesn't stack with Yaulp though but should still help a lot). Mage should use self only mod rod, Phantasmal Symbiosis, and mod rods for everyone. Also if you guys have the Horn of Unity, make sure you use that whenever possible. If you can't get ENC/BST buffs, pick up potions for them in PoK.

Cleric should be using a mana return proc item (Helping Hand aug + Royal Bixie Scepter from Hate Rising mission, or TS made Mace of Regression).

For an extensive fight where mana becomes an issue, I recommend the same weapon type for the Mage as well (most INT caster one handers have a mana return proc), and swap augs for a mana return proc (The Murderer's Heart, Mirror of Spiritual Reflection, Bark of the Wilting Grove). The Murderer's Heart is a drop from RoF, the other two can be bought from the level 90/95 vendors in WK. If I was wiping due to running oom, I wouldn't hesitate to use a mana return 1H + mana return proc aug + another proc aug in my shield for this fight, even as a mage.
  15. Qualzek Augur

Who's off tanking the adds? Your best bet may be to pet tank the minis and have the war off tank the adds away from the mini on the arch magus phase