Lord Kyle Bayle Group Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sphynx_CT_SR, May 21, 2014.

1. Sphynx_CT_SR Elder

This mission is completely bugged. Their are WAY too many adds for any group to be able to handle. They are spawning multiple adds at the same time. They are mezzing, stunning, and making it impossible for 1 group to be able to complete this.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Edrick Augur

You stagger back, stunned. You have taken 83950 points of damage.
    You have been slain by Arch Mage Harron!

The mission is brutal. This is coming from someone that beat the raid version after 7 hours.
    A-Quad, Gyurika Godofwar and Iila like this.
  3. Maedhros High King

I cant imagine taking a much more stacked group than we had. Blew through all mana by the time we were halfway through the Captain. Incredibly high frequency of adds.
    I'm all for difficult group missions, but anything below an ultra elite group is not doing this.
    Wouldnt have minded so much, if when we wiped to the captain we could simply rez up and continue from the last taskupdate we got after killing the arch mage.
  4. Iila Augur

You know, I think that maybe, 4 day betas, with half the days being over a holiday weekend, MIGHT be a bad idea and should be avoided in the future.
    Hiladdar, Smallpox, Riou and 13 others like this.
  5. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Yeah we tried this 4 times tonight & the adds are insane. They're spawning more often than they should, often double or triple spawns & then add the fact that they mezz, stun & such at a constant rate that seems unresistable.

It's a pointless waste of time at the moment. We made it to about 40 or 50% of Arch Mage's health on the 4th try before giving up & we're all raid geared vets with pretty good DPS & skill sets, no new or under geared players & we were trying to follow the guide on EQ Resource but the task was not fitting the guide.

All the quests in Tower Of Rot seem bugged in some way, updates not happening or not working for the whole group, extra adds, debuffs that make it an obstacle you can't overcome. I'm all for a challenging mission that requires a solid group to work together to beat but broken buggy quests & overly tedious time sinks are not fun for anyone.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Cove New Member

Found this mission extremely enjoyable and was definitely challenging. No one in group wanted to go to bed until we got the win. Took quite a bit of tweeks. Not really a fan of the constant mezzes from the Beguilers however. No staunches or harvest pots used on win so it is definitely doable.

Group format was: Pal, War, Wiz, Wiz, Sham, Cleric.
  7. Edrick Augur

Nice job. You have a really solid group for that mission that can deal with the mechanics too.
  8. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

Not to sound rude but we had a bard, zerker, mage, cleric, wizard merc & warrior for 1 attempt, then dropped merc & added a 2nd cleric & then replaced zerker with a shaman & still couldn't get it down & only got to about 40% on the Arch Mage, the first mini named. Just curious how you were able to get it down with even less DPS characters than we had. I still think it needs to be tuned & most of the quests need to be refined to fix all the bugs & tedium
  9. feiddan Augur

People said CoTF T1 was too easy.

CoTF T2 made difficult, now people complaining too difficult.
    Jyve and Brogett like this.
  10. Serriah_Test Augur

11. Kiillz Augur

Curious bout the new content, what were the raid drops like on it?
  12. Redrum_Redrum Augur

Grats RoI on beating Tower of Lag. I'm told lag is horrible like the lobby use to be. I hope they fix that. I'm all for hard but not hard with unbearable lag buggy mechanic's.
    Fenthen likes this.
  13. Casidia Augur

Chanters useful in this mission?
    Hahaha i wanted to hear my own laugh today, sorry.
    Soraia likes this.
  14. Siwin Nonesuch Elder

No kidding!!!
    It doesen't seem to matter how good your PC is either. I was getting bad lag and I got a PC that is more then capable of anything that can be dished out in EQ.
    You can usually work around lag in events but this kind of lag really doe's effect how you may do, in the raid at least.
    Fenthen and Perplexed like this.
  15. Syrup Augur

Nothing like watching your tank and healer get mezzed while a named and his adds decimate your group.
    After watching this happen eight times, we lost motivation to keep trying for the night.

I like hard encounters, but this one comes down to a coin flip on who the adds decide to mez. :mad:
    Hiladdar and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  16. Qulas Augur

Big props, mission is definitely hard. Congratulations!
  17. Axxius Augur

In this particular case, the mission had ZERO testing. It was inaccessible during the "weekend beta" because of a flagging bug. And then it was inaccessible together with the rest of Tower of Rot on Test. It's a miracle that this mission even works and is beatable. Kudos to the dev who created it. :)
    Was going to post a similar composition: any 2 tanks, any 2 dps (actually, melee should work the best; most adds are decapitable and assassinable, while mana is an issue), cleric, shaman.
    Ssixa and Fenthen like this.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Group missions that raid trained and geared people are finding incredibly hard? Looks like SOE has abandoned the average group player for good.
  19. A-Quad Augur

Congrats! We got close, but could only muster 3 hours last night. The lag - at least for me - made the event near-unplayable during add spawns. Especially at the end : |
  20. Qulas Augur

The frame rate delay in the raid is probably the worst I've ever seen, felt like I was getting 3-5 fps during some parts.

The ironic part is the frame rate problems are non existent in the group mission.