Lockjaw & Ragefire - October 2015 Poll Results

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Celara New Member

This is a reading comprehension fail.

Here were the choices
    1) no preference
    2) keep the schedule the same
    3) cut the schedule in HALF so that all expansions through GOD come out in 3 months and 6 weeks after that.

The only way you screw this up is if you either can't multiply by 2 or you didn't bother to read after the word half.

Because if 3 months is HALF the regular schedule, that means the regular schedule is 6 months until GOD and then 12 weeks after that.
    Becky likes this.
  2. Zandez Lorekeeper

Well at last Ragefire has ran its course. So many unresolved issues half fixes to mention where to start?

To list a few;

1) Ragefire launch - Had to wait several hours to login into game, join a waiting list due to overpopulation 1-4 hours waiting time. Daybreak's attempt to fix; Create no-activity timer and kick you from game. While not addressing hordes of box armies/IP address's. Got to get paid!!!

2) Created LJ server to alleviate over populated Ragefire server; Start in right direction still not addressing Mage Box armies.

3) Constant training players, third party software obviously used by many. Daybreak in-game support not properly staffed Ie, Guides/Gm's to monitor; solution some half attempt of a Guide/Gm rarely seen in game. Don't even waste time submitting a petition this was just a void in space, petitions never closed let alone communicate any solution.

4) Ragefire community overly communicating about Raid targets monopolization; Main raiding guilds sorta worked together and came up with a raid rotation, while not the best rotation at least a start to allow other guilds to participate if able to beat gateway raid targets. Sadly the community didn't work together to refine a common rotation suitable for all. Offshoot guilds created. Daybreak's solution let's tweak Mage pets DPS. This one is truly easy to fix implement raid instancing already in game not like it has to be invented.

5) RF server population by now very toxic, guilds braking up, population quickly declining at noticeable rate; Daybreak hoping to keep the community interested creates vote to either unlock Velious or wait 6 months. Poll results in and somehow Velious release will be 5-6 months. Large community outcry stating poll wording was misunderstood or confusing.

These are just a few examples that have contributed to the vast declining population we are experiencing on RF. While I understand Daybreak cannot make everyone happy at the end of the day. Don't make these monumental horrific decisions/actions and expect happy/loyal customers. Daybreak really needs to do some soul searching and first foremost identify what is Daybreak's vision for EQ, Other then collecting $$$ from your customers and making sooooo many mistakes. Lastly who ever is brainstorming solutions for problems. Basic troubleshooting 101 first clearly understand the problem before creating a solution.
  3. SyDiko Augur

There is no large community out cry and the only people 'crying out' are the members of Twisted Legacy.

This poll couldn't have been more straight-forward as you only had 3 possible answers. Now that the majority of the community is high enough level to vote, we have a better population for more accurate results. :)
  4. Karadim New Member

Oh this is cracking news and suits me perfectly , was not very happy when the rules of this server , which was clearly 6 month's, got 'bent' and kunark released early, going against what was originally decided, so to restore the server back to 6 month's is cracking news!

I will be back playing again! (if login server will let me GRRRR).
    Baps Zerg likes this.
  5. Kumidor Journeyman

Just some food for thought. March (velious) is longer then the advertised 6 months! We have already done 11 wks of Kunark. Now add in Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar 21st. DBG is bad at math besides being incompetent at creating clearly worded polls. 11+20=31wks. Sorry but 31wks is longer then 6 months.
  6. Celara New Member

It is 6 months from when ALL Kunark content was defeated. That did not happen until the end of September (roughly September 19-th to the 21st)
    Thus 6 months from that is March 19-21st
  7. Kumidor Journeyman

Edit - I started from the wrong date. I started from Aug 24th start of the vote.

It's still longer than 6months.
  8. Mardukk New Member

This. That poll was so poorly written. And why the hell are we voting for anything other than the upcoming expansion? Johnny poll creator needs to be transfered to another non poll writing department.
  9. Maxe Augur

Good job DBG :) and sorry TL. You could always move to live and trash this old world content so other people can enjoy the nostalgia, since that's obviously not what you're here for.
    Devante likes this.
  10. Gotcha Lorekeeper

Guys, I have been giving this some thought. I am convinced that this horrible polling isn't incompetence on DBG, but intentional. As Sony, they didn't want to do these TLP's to begin with. But when they were sold they were forced to. So ever since they have been trying to sabotage our enjoyment of a long awaited TLP. It's the only thing that makes sense. They have absolutely done the wrong thing at every turn, although they do eventually "pretend" to have seen the light tardily and change some things.

I think these polls are an inside joke at DBG, and they are intentionally conducting them as farces.

[IMG]
    Skipper and Krek like this.
  11. lolly Elder

"Keep expansion unlocks they way they are" , to quote Roshen, does NOT mean keep them they way they were originally were said to be ( 6 months) .it means what it says - the way they ARE NOW , that is according to the last expansion unlock at 3 months. Some people at Daybreak don't seem to understand English language! ( whereas from comments here it seems most voters DO understand English.)
  12. Greyowl Augur

Official post by Roshen:
    Attention Ragefire and Lockjaw Players,

Today is your last chance to vote in the current poll. Characters should be level 20 or higher to vote, and the poll should close tonight, Thursday, Oct 29 at 11:59PM pacific time.

These are the current poll questions for each server:

Ragefire:
    Do you want the Ragefire server to unlock expansions on a faster schedule permanently?
    - No preference
    - Keep expansion unlocks the way they are.
    - Cut expansion unlock time in half. They will take 3 months to unlock until Gates of Discord, and 6 weeks after that. [...]

So, if they cut xpac unlock time in half and they will then take 3 months to unlock until GoD, how many months would it take if theyd keep xpac unlocks the way there are ?

X/2 = 3.
    Baps Zerg and Finley like this.
  13. Finley Augur

Thank you Greyowl for taking the time to post the actual poll options, it should put to rest all the New Member posters feigning confusion.
  14. Skipper Augur

It was the six week part that screwed up the poll. With AA's and new content, no expac should only be six weeks. DBG put no effort or thought in that poll. They just throw crap against the wall.
    Tazzergnome likes this.
  15. Pibbler New Member

Redo the poll please - your options were terribly worded, who would vote for an option that had 2 different timescales in it, who would want an expansion every 6 weeks?!!

When you said keep things as they are, thats a 3 month wait, not 6.

All you did was ensure a massive sub drop till march, if those players even bother to come back.
    Tazzergnome and Krek like this.
  16. Tazzergnome New Member

When is the new vote on Ragefire going to be please.... that vote was CLEARLY broken.. error messages and revote pop ups everyday.... a very poorly worded polll.... as a paying customer DEMANDING a new vote that is not broken letting under level 10s vote and it voting on lockjaw too really that is messed up.

I have very interest by the way in a moronic no box server....... seems alot of people are clueless about the history of EQ. like the fact is always been boxed by 20% of its population since 2000 and way more now.

that almost all MMOs are boxed sometimes people do not want to deal with a moron in their group and its you morons that we don't want in the groups because you fail at the game and you don't have friends ( check yourself as to maybe why you don't have friends)... stop FAILING and dragging the rest of us down.

since this is an extra account I made just for TLP continued payment of the account rest on it we get a revote and velious... waiting 4 + months saving my money on the extra accounts till then and turning them OFF.
    Velaste likes this.
  17. Velaste Journeyman

Want 3 months not 6 months, will stick out 6 months.... rotation is what gave all a chance at targets. Apok screwed that, daybreak helped not having the balls to enforce it.... without rotation you have what has always been for nearly 2 decades one maybe two top guilds per server PERIOD... and the rest cry, but are not willing to or skilled enough to do what it takes to be number one... not everyone makes it onto a ( SEAL team you know ) .. want to be the best you need to be the best, half you can not expect to get top end content and then cry about not getting it.

Progression servers need progression, we need 3 months, lower tier guilds get a chance at more raiding targets ...top guilds more forward, and the server lives. I sure as hell will never play on a no box server I will just go back to live more till velious and NOT pay for 4 other accounts.... less money for Daybreak CONGRATS .. I am sure your accounting department is pleased.
  18. Skipper Augur

Apok is no more. There are only two raiding guilds on RF now, TL and RG. DW tries to train dragons on prepping raids, but they are easily out dps'd and really don't matter.
  19. Brosa Augur

Just have a monthly vote to see if people want the next expansion unlocked
  20. Maxe Augur

To be clear, TL screwed that by making offshoot guilds and then hosting a rotation website that promoted offensive and racist remarks. If anything DBG enforcing it then allowing TL to run the website was a terrible idea. I'm not posting a non-constructive message, I just want the truth to be known. Stop trying to pass the buck.