Lockjaw & Ragefire - October 2015 Poll Results

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 30, 2015.

1. gladiatoreq Elder

I hope whoever wrote the poll reads these forums and feels like a complete idiot, because that's what you are.

You should be fired for failing to have the competence to perform a simple task.
    Skipper and Dazz like this.
  2. BigDBeeIcanteven New Member

I read this as you being happy that Ragefire has been open for six months. I agree, this is great news. The bad news is that Ragefire will be waiting for content that is wanted by everyone that actually plays on the server.

Also I have my doubts that you play on my server.
  3. Rhayder New Member

I wouldn't place too much importance on the original 6 month vote before the server even launched. It's safe to assume a very large number of those people aren't playing now. Also at the time of the vote, most people didn't really have a feel for how long they actually want it to take since they weren't playing unless they were on another TLP which is probably still a smaller portion of the overall voters. All that only means one thing, this poll we take in game is far more important than any other.

Being the most important vote, I think we should be more specific with the options.. Oh wtf this whole thing was bs. Just re-poll ffs.
    Velaste likes this.
  4. Rhayder New Member

I apologize for the profanity. This was just frustratingly silly.
  5. tanjiro New Member

I'm so happy it's 6 months. I came here because of all the hype of it being 6 months before expansions unlocked. I voted for it on my two accounts and happy it won and that DBG is actually going with the vote that won, unlike with Kunark. I quit in June after the Kunark poll results were released and recently came back. I will stay until we get to the new expansion every month phase. If you don't enjoy the content there are live servers just one click away. In the server select screen, below Ragefire, are a plethora of options for those of you who would like to play a version of Everquest that isn't Ragefire.

DBG usually gives into the vocal people - so I'm posting to say thank you DBG for not giving into the loud minority.
    Baps Zerg likes this.
  6. Araxx New Member

Well then it's the fault of the poll, because the wording was just total unclear. For me vote 1 was 3 month and vote 2 was 3 month till god then 6 weeks.
    Dazz likes this.
  7. Steampunk Augur

Just remember what they say about assuming things......

Araxx ---> Ignore
    [IMG]
    Devante likes this.
  8. Vidae New Member

I don't see how this is a bad thing. Imagine all the Trak BPs you'll have for alts and stuff. Seems like a win / win for me. Casual players maybe get shots at mobs, and your alts will be geared.
    Zargonza likes this.
  9. Stumphobbler Elder

Why is it so surprising to everyone that when any poll is done involving EQ, it is skewed in the way the company wants it to be. DBG is not going to release the results of the poll because then they can make it up to their liking. Just like SOE did! (lets be honest, that's what they are doing and that's what SOE did..wood elf beast lord wins the Race and class Combo Clash over a darkelf ranger when the darkelf ranger clearly always had larger numbers (according to forum votes and comments) and like the froglok monk no one got to vote on).

Did everyone forget that SOE was purchased and rebranded by DBG? so it's the same people making the same decisions (all of which benefit the company) the only difference is that "The powers that be" are new and have no freaking clue what they are doing! (much like Sony-who owned SOE)
  10. Hitaku New Member

When I created my characters on this server I knew it was going to be a 6 month lock TLP server. This timing is the very reason myself and many others came to play here. We all know once PoP is done the population will take a major hit. So why try to burn through the expansions people actually want to play in?

I understand that some people like to burn through content but the rule set never stated 6 month lock OR until someone gets bored and cries on the forums so we will hold an extra poll. Be happy you got Kunark early. The fact they even hold polls to try and appease the people crying amazes me.

If you feel the need to crush through content go make toons on normal servers and you can kill all you want and go at any pace you see fit.
    Agrippa likes this.
  11. Krek Elder

Ridiculous! See you guys in a few months. Unless I find something better to do. Hope the server doesn't die, but bet it will.

[IMG]
    Velaste, Skipper and Dazz like this.
  12. Skipper Augur

The server will die! Don't you guys get it? Some people will return. Chances are most will not.
    Velaste and Dazz like this.
  13. Zargonza New Member

All this could've been handled, If you would've accepted our invite to the pizza party at the cinncinati zoo. But nooooo, you continued about your ways. =) <3
  14. Abracadabra Augur

That isn't Skyp! I'm Skyp! It's too bad fanfaire wasn't a thing this year, would have been fun to hang with some pals on Ragefire.
  15. Zargonza New Member

Skyp you turned down pizza! At the Cinncinatti Zoo! We extended the invite to others to they just were not having it. Who turns down pizza, and Bengal tigers in the same venue? I mean really...
    Finley likes this.
  16. Merlaster New Member

I agree with everyone on the wording issue. I had assumed that keeping it the same meant the 3 month timer also. This may have just been my fault but I would like to see a re-vote also.
    Dazz likes this.
  17. Dazz New Member

as a paying Customer I DEMAND a new poll please, if you can not fix the current system use some third party system... I have ZERO .. NO faith that the last vote was right..

A) another server could vote on the ragefire poll... even if it supposedly didnt count those votes it was BROKEN.. doing that AKA not working right.

B) the wording for the poll seems worded to trick people on purpose... I want 3 months 6 months of content we all know exactly how and what to do on it STUPID and those that wanted slower already left to the supposedly slower server.

C) on a nearly DAILY basis the vote window would pop back up on me, I would select my vote and it would give a red ERROR message. a WORKING system does NOT freaking do that... so you vote system is freaking broken PERIOD.. facts are there for us all to see.... FIX IT run a new poll and use a THIRD party creditable service.

I will not be renewing my sub until Velious.. this account is only extra for this server so no money for you Daybreak...

And NOTE my vote I will NEVER play or support a no box server. I have boxed since 1999 back in the day of Diablo 1 and Starcraft 1 LAN parties we always had several PCs around
    Velaste likes this.
  18. Finley Augur

Another "confused" new member. No one willing to feign stupidity with their actual in game identity?
    Devante likes this.
  19. Greyowl Augur

Even though RF is on 6 months schedule, it doesnt mean we wont see Velious before March ´16:
    DGB can always come up with an "early vote" and if it passes (like Classic -> Kunark) open up next xpac after, say, 4 months in total. I do think thats what they gonna do, and thats why i like the result and vote vs a re-poll.

Tldr:
    I´d bet Velious will go live in January ´16 by an "early vote".
  20. pureblade New Member

The amount of cry babies is amazing lol. You lost the vote deal with it. Don't let the door hit you on the way out =D