Lockjaw & Ragefire - October 2015 Poll Results

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 30, 2015.

1. Qelyn Augur

So it sounds like you have a bunch of players saying that the "keeping the unlock the way it is" meant a 3 month unlock to them, yet DBG meant for that to be 6 months. So I'm curious to hear (although not foolish enough to expect a response) if there is going to be another poll, perhaps one that is better worded.
    Velaste and Tazzergnome like this.
  2. Elthe New Member

I am surprised and dismayed at this result, mostly because it doesn't reflect the conversations I've had in game with people in and out of my guild.

It does make me wonder if I'm justified in questioning the poll, or whether I've just gravitated into an echo chamber of like minded people. Even so, I feel like I have to ask: how confident are the devs that the poll's results are accurate, be it through wording confusing some players, vote recording bugs, or any other flaw?
  3. Alpha_Ragefire Lorekeeper

killing the server... killing it...
  4. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

You could clear out the top 40% of the server and the remained would do just fine.......as of right now, seems the population has voted, and DBG is responding as needed. Unless the votes that were cast were done to to spite the upper 40%, I only see the people who didn't want it leaving because they didn't get their way....so BYE! lol
  5. Alpha_Ragefire Lorekeeper

Why do you want your own game to fail? That is what you are doing here...
    Velaste likes this.
  6. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

Which guild am I supposed to be in again?
  7. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

No, not killing it at all.....upsetting a 700 toon guild, sure.....the server as a whole, not a chance.
  8. Esper Augur

How hard is it to make a poll? Do you guys over at DBG need some assistance? I have a 5 year old niece that could help you devise a poll that is straight forward and far from the convoluted mess that you guys put up. Seriously...

Code:
    How often would you like expansions to unlock?

[  ] 6 Months
    [  ] 3 Months
    See? Is that not simple and clear cut?
    Velaste likes this.
  9. Elthe New Member

Could someone link the source on these 80/20 and 40% numbers please?
  10. Krysanth Elder

This has to be a mistake. The poll was worded as keep things the same, which was the 3 month unlock as already set. what a joke, this is really going to kill the server, all the other raiding guilds already folded besides TL
  11. Finley Augur

I know a ton of players voted on Ragefire for 6 month unlocks because they viewed it as their only chance to see content in era. I think the results are accurate and not the result of confusion
    Selil likes this.
  12. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

LOL, really?? You should go back a couple months ago and re-read the exact wording. The server was 6mo all expansions with an intermediate vote to unlock Kunark after 3mo. In reality, you voted for 6mo yourself, and the rest of truly, truly thank you! There are more than a few of us on the server that THANK YOU for your lack of reading comprehension.

QQ, Lemmings kept repeating what they want to hear until they believe that is the way it was told to them.
    Devante and Selil like this.
  13. Jonlexander New Member

So Ragefire is no longer the Advance server? wtf /hug Mug
  14. Kumidor Journeyman

I am cancelling all my accounts. If at some point in time DBG decides to take their head out of their @$$, I will reconsider subscribing again. But, once again DBG uses poorly worded, convoluted, broken polls, and makes them policy.

If you didn't have a game I liked, I would never give your company a dime. DBG is one of the worst run companies that I have ever seen. They are literally their own worst enemy.
    Tazzergnome likes this.
  15. Myrabella-Lockjaw New Member

Did folks miss the comment that there would be a mid-Kunark vote to open Velious? Folks need quit freakin. If majority wants Velious early there will be a vote to open in another month or so I'd guess.
  16. Esper Augur

If you haven't experienced it in era by this point what makes you think you will with 5 additional months? Your guild is crumbling because instead of doing something meaningful you make excuses like this and use it as a crutch. No one, not a single guild thinks they will see the content with 5 additional months, even an Apok officer is not that dumb and that is saying something. Have fun failing on the instanced server.
    Tazzergnome likes this.
  17. ScarletLetter Elder

Hey Finley, how's that guild doing buddy. According to all these apps, apparently dead. You guys get gore under 90% yet? I guess might need another couple months for that......
  18. Evanso New Member

This poll should be redone. The wording of the options was not clear due to the fact that the phrase "keep things the way the same" was not defined in context. A poll should be recreated using simpler options such as 6 month unlock, 3 month unlock.

Before you accuse me, I'm not in TL or Rosen.

I voted for the option to keep things the same under the assumption that "the same" meant status quo which was a 3 month unlock cycle. I will be going to graduate school in the fall and honestly, if the server is going to move this slowly I may as well pack up.

Companies should seek to communicate with their customers clearly to deliver the services the customers want.

To me, this view represents a serious problem in the way DBG communicates with its customers. If I have to go back months to read forum posts to get enough information to make an informed decision, the necessary information is not being adequately presented. This is NOT an issue of reading comprehension, it is an issue of effective communication and technical writing.

Also, if you think that you will see content in-era because of 3 extra months, think again. I can guarantee that TL will keep VP and Trak on lock until Velious regardless of the time-frame. You are signing up for 3 more months of boredom and you are taking me along with you. Please, consider your options.

Ultimately, this poll will probably only contribute to a more toxic environment on Ragefire. Top guilds will resent DBG for their poor wording and writing. Players on the lower end of the totem poll will mock high-end guilds for "reading comprehension" or whatever miserable pittance of insult than can scrape together as top guilds continue to deny them entry into content out of spite. The cycle of vitriol on Ragefire will continue until its lifeless and dead, just like Fippy.
  19. ScarletLetter Elder

Should have seen the tears and cries of joy when we killed him when they joined, guess you guys are use to feeding it then dmging it
  20. BigDBeeIcanteven New Member

blah blah blah wordings!

reissue vote!

But really. What were the numbers?

I plan to deactivate 8 of my accounts if this timeline is confirmed.
    Tazzergnome, ngs1 and Tris like this.