Lockjaw & Ragefire - October 2015 Poll Results

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Oct 30, 2015.

1. pimenttoncheese Elder

Did the poll include all of the people voting on Lockjaw who had Ragefire unlock questions on their polls?
  2. Lifebane Augur

I'm sure hundreds of people thought this very thing. Everyone assumed this was a 3 month server.

This poll needs to be re-done, and soon. These forums alone show prove there is an outstanding number of people who want 3 months. 6 months on ragefire will kill this server. The majority of people who wanted longer unlocks are playing on Lockjaw.

A lot of the players playing on Ragefire want to progress through every expansion until live. With 6 month unlock timers, this will take ... 15+ years to catch up to live including future expansions. Absolutely ridiculous.

The vote was mis-worded to lead people to believe they were voting on 3 months. It was also skewed because many people who wanted 3 months did not also want 3 weeks. And lastly, a good portion of people couldn't even vote. Some votes were cleared.

This poll needs to be re-done. I would wager a lot of money that the Ragefire results are not accurate at all. Just talking to people in game and watching the population drop while "waiting for velious" was a clear indicator to me. These results simply do not make sense with the reality of the server.
    Velaste and Tazzergnome like this.
  3. JustAQuestion Elder

@Roshen!

How and Why?! How much Players voted and Why are you using the results?
    I know from my guild alot people couldnt vote since the server crash, so how mayn votes you got?
    Could we maybe see some results?

2. I know alot People on RF who would love to see it on a 3 month turning, target gets cleared + 3 month + vote time to unlock. The most got a Problem with the 6 WEEKS after GoD.
  4. ngs1 Augur

I know very few people who actually voted for the 6 month option. The poll continuously appeared for me whenever I logged in and I kept having to reenter my vote. Even then, it seemed like it might be bugging out. Also, weren't players on lockjaw able to participate in the vote for ragefire for the first day? This seems so disconnected from reality.
  5. Mixxit Journeyman

I voted for 6 months i want the server to be 6 months per expansion until GoD
  6. Clueless Journeyman

Thanks, I find the results most amusing. So all the people that bolted for LJ because it had the slower, when that vote was cast the unlock was Kunark being unlocked on Dec 2, 2015. Now LJ is going to be the blow through the expansion. So, is there going to be another server transfer period?
  7. Lifebane Augur

8. Olostin New Member

Well, inc. death of ragefire. aint nobody sticking it out til march for velious. Guess it's time to hang up the hat, was fun doing classic and kunark again. #RIPRAGEFIRE
  9. Steampunk Augur

Yeah, has to be the fault of the polls... couldn't possibly be the fault of people who don't even know what they are really voting for.
    Devante likes this.
  10. Steampunk Augur

"Everyone" just found out what happens when you assume. Go ahead, go back and find any post where DGC said that future expansions would be at three months.
    Devante likes this.
  11. Seraphim Augur

Sadly, I have to agree with you.. =( It's been hella fun and I really hate it to end this way.
    Velaste likes this.
  12. Ducreux Augur

GG, there's no way Ragefire can sustain a healthy population if it's stuck in Kunark for another 5 months. If I wanted to play in classic for years I would have opted for the p99 servers in the first place.

If DBGs goal was to cause people to abandon this server in an effort to try to get us to buy another round of exp pots/bags on the new "no-box server" then it's a pretty smart play.
    Lifebane likes this.
  13. Lifebane Augur

Except, if the new nobox server starts at Classic and is 6 months per, there will be nobody left to play on it. Well, I shouldn't say nobody. But the population will be small.
  14. Grandma Elder

Ragefire was voted as and opened as a 6 month TLP. A poll changed the kunark opening to 3 months but had no mention of any other expansion opening early. So "keeping things as they are" means we stay a 6 month TLP.I'm good with that I voted 6 months each time and so did the "overwhelming majority"
    Selil likes this.
  15. ID_EGO_SUPEREGO Augur

Thank you DBG! I look forward to more time in Kunark!!!

Also, I am willing to chip in the money needed to change TL's name to QQ

For all the naysayers on the vote, you don't realize that this vote just HELPED the server, not hurt it. The number of naysayers come from guilds that represent less than ~20% of the server and now the remaining ~80% can enjoy the content for the reason we came to the TLP servers.

again, KUDOS to DBG!!!
    Devante likes this.
  16. Lifebane Augur

If by helped, you mean reduce the population... then sure. Take note, this is not just TL QQing. It's the majority of the server. 6 months will hurt your guild as well.
    Velaste likes this.
  17. Ducreux Augur

His guild already folded this past week. RIP.
  18. Alpha_Ragefire Lorekeeper

This is bullsh*t. What the hell are we going to do for 4 more months in Kunark? Guilds are breaking apart already, we need new content... Was NOT smart to have this vote before your fabled no box server.. everyone that is planning on going to that server.. which are not invested in Ragefire, voted.. and most of those people probably voted for the longer expansion times... You are killing the server... killing it... killing it...
  19. Selil New Member

The simple fact is, Grandma is correct. Long before these servers opened, the polls went up on live servers on how we wanted these servers to be run. We voted on everything from server name to unlock time. 6 months per expansion was the majority. We all knew it going in. DBG gave in to the whiners and allowed Kunark to open early. Period. To say that the poll was misleading is outright stupidity. The only issue with this server is that it's time locked.

As someone who played on the Combine, i prefer no TLP at all. To me, the time locked aspect of the past couple rounds of prog servers is pointless. Set goals for unlock, server meets goals, next expansion unlocks. Hardcores can raid and not get bored, soft-cores can stay an expansion or two behind, and casuals can do what they want.

Knowing going in that these servers are time locked, voting on the length of time before they open, then crying because you're bored when the server opens makes no sense to me. If the server population falls, then good riddance to bad rubbish, i say.
  20. Greyowl Augur

If all those "such BS DGB ! Now I am really really out of this" would finally really be really really out of this, id be really really happy.

No. Most I know are here to relive EQ up to PoP. And view EQ as a filler. You should too.