How to fix group tanks...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Trasa, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Axxius Augur

You were talking about red con trash mobs, not captains and their adds.
    And you were talking a 10k aa warrior.

So now you are talking about completely different mobs? Captain adds spawn 1 by 1 at fixed hp %, they are mezzable and stunnable, and they don't hit hard at all. You need a slower or cc, don't even need both against those.

And now you are dying on a knight too? Which class, paladin or sk? Either one would need to try hard to die to a captain + adds, but let's hear the details so that you can't switch everything around again.
  2. Axxius Augur

Let me guess... Since you take the character creation screen so literally, you also think that everybody knows only one class? :D
  3. Ravengloome Augur

You don't need a slower or CC for the captains... It just makes it alittle safer if your group is light on Zerg
  4. Trasa New Member

2k AA Enchanter. Since all classes should be able to tank, right? ;)
  5. Langya Augur

I helped level a group SK from mediocre to mighty. Get those AC augs. Get the top group gear. Within 5-6k aa they are an animal which takes 2-3 months of commitment. Not so long in the overall scheme of things for a game that has been around 15 years.
  6. Langya Augur

When they die repeatedly with a competent healer, there needs to be gut check.
  7. Trasa New Member

Really though - I play a monk, in group gear. By no means a real tank. I've watched two different paladins from FS wipe, and us subsequently lose HA's due to their aggro linking mechanics in dead hills to slap happy mechanics. Also played with a few random pickups on povar that got nowhere fast outside of a gribble Dead Hills HA. The content is much too hard without a dedicated group of players. That's not particularly casual. I remember hearing that the HA's were to be geared toward TWO group geared players and their mercenaries... Not a solid tank, 4 zerg-tastic DPS classes and the best cleric to walk the server.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

A monk in group gear can tank the captains with a bard or chanter on CC

You know where your Earthforce hotkey is right?
    You know where your Mend hotkey is right?
    You know where your Five Point/Crane stance hotkeys are right?
  9. Enkel Augur

I honestly can't tell if you're joking........ These heroic missions are very easy. I've done them on my alts, which are in full group gear, and less than 10k AA, and yes, tanked them as well. Fantastic dps? You only need 2 good dps and you can do it. If you need 4 amazing dps, then you're doing something wrong (and I assume your definition of amazing and mine are wildly different).
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  10. Axxius Augur

Enchanter? You really have NO CLUE, do you? :D
    Spoiler: when I did the Hunter of DH, most of the named were tanked by my group geared enchanter box with cleric mercs healing him. Only had to ask a real tank to come help with the ones that fear.

Nice try on adding "2k AA" though. Why not 200 then? Your get the bonus rate up to 4k AA. A char with 2k AA is not ready for today's game, and there is no point in using it in arguments. And you were talking about 10k AA in your first post.
  11. Machen New Member

Or have a level 96 mage with 300 aa's and a pet focus. My mage is sitting at 20k total hp/mana, mostly still defiant gear. He has hardly any of the mitigation/avoidance aa's done. I spent two hours camping the Shard's Landing pet focus, and that's literally the only effort I ever put into gearing him. And yet my mage's pet tanks these guys just fine, while my 96 war with 4500 aa's and decent group gear/augs gets one rounded constantly.
  12. Axxius Augur

You aren't tanking with your mage. Lv 95 mage pet is designed to tank 'these guys'. Lv 96 warrior with group gear and 4500 aa is not.

Any more ways to detract from the original point? Reminder: 10k AA warrior, supposedly lv 100 with current group gear, complaining that he is unable to tank group content, and insisting that there is something wrong with tanks instead of him/his group.
    Enkel likes this.
  13. Trasa New Member

14. Moye New Member

Mage pets were supposed to stop tanking current content with their nerf around shadow of fear. - Let alone a pet three expansions old handling current content while a player of a higher level cannot. OP never mentioned being a 10k warrior, he mentioned seeing tanks with 10k aa fail. Also never said those tanks were warriors. The problem of stats not being maxed with group gear is indeed a common occurrence. Maybe everyone here needs to work on their reading skills before they come out swinging?

I'd like to agree with OP and see warriors or knights get more of an edge in tanking. I don't see a problem with makng them easier to heal. The game is a joke as it is. Then again, I'd like to see mercs eliminated and the game return to the punishing, do nothing without a group game it used to be. That won't ever happen though.
  15. Machen New Member

Off topic, really? The original topic was "how to fix group geared tanks." And you say I'm off topic by pointing out that a group geared tank can't tank current group content? That it takes a group geared tank a thousand times more effort to be "up to par" for the group content than a mage? What exactly do you think the OP's topic was about then?
    Moye likes this.
  16. Axxius Augur

Yes, you are switching topics. Lv 96 group geared tank can't tank lv 100 content. Do you have a problem with that? No, you have a problem with the fact that lv 94 mage pet can tank it. You aren't talking about fixing group geared tanks, you are talking about nerfing mage pets. Which is totally not the topic here. The original post is clearly about player tanks, and it doesn't mention mage pets at all.
  17. Moye New Member

Nerfing mage pets has already been done. Clearly was not enough.
    Boosting group PC tanks has not been done. They're not even on the level of mage pets!
    Sorry everyone doesn't raid, bro. :confused:
  18. Axxius Augur

Supposed. :) But this thread is not about mage pets at all. Go ahead and make a thread about mage pets, and see how long it stays open.
  19. Machen New Member

I don't want mage pets nerfed, far from it. I'm now completely dependent upon my mage pet and don't want him taken down a notch at all. Rather, I'd like my group geared war to be able to perform on par. This was not a call for mage pets to be nerfed. I think it's fine for the mage pet to perform as it does, especially since it is much more limited in upgrades going forward.

I spent all that time leveling and gearing my war for a reason. It would be nice if he could actually tank stuff instead of being relegated to the sidelines while the mage with far lesser gear/aa earns gear for him.
    Moye likes this.
  20. Machen New Member

Also heroics are not level 100 content, at least according to the dev team and what has been released publicly. I had no problem whatsoever doing any of them with 3 toons at level 95. I just had problems doing them if one of those toons was a warrior.