How to fix group tanks...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Trasa, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Tharrg Augur

Thank you...!! at least someone read what I posted and got what was being said.

Its not easy doing this alone and without help. I used to look for guilds to join.... however Xegony has alot of elitists that require you to raid and or require you to log in at certain times (I cant do that--I have a special needs child)... also They tend to only want warriors if they are raid ready... which of course I am not... So I was denied spots in guilds.. and its frustrating. There really is not many casual players or guilds on my server.. or if they are just not when I play. So I am doing this alone. I will reach 100. If I have to kill greens untill I puke, Ill do it.. But only because I refuse to stop.. I put too much time into this character.
  2. Tharrg Augur

Oh and I do not have the Bayle's quest augment yet.. as you all have pointed out a good 30 times... I do not have the AA's yet to do the progression. I dont even have the AA's or group members to get better than J1 Merc.. so untill that changes No.. Its on my list though, I have more AC from Augments right now then the link that was posted on where I should be at level 80... I have only 4 augments that are below 20ac.. and im working on those.
  3. --Voodoo-- Augur

I wouldn't give up on looking for a guild, and you may even want to consider transferring to another server. There are some guilds out there that are helpful, and do have lower level members.

You could also copy to Test. It's low population, and very top-heavy except for the progression guilds, but it does have a lot of friendly, helpful players as well as some nice perks (and since you're not finding groups anyway...).

I could run you through the J5 tasks in under an hour, and I've been thinking of doing some of the other SoD stuff for my bard anyway. Of course, you would have to just stand there and watch my pet tank, which would probably make your mage-envy far worse... :) But with the exp bonus, you'd probably pass my level by anniversary time.
  4. Battleaxe Augur

A lot of us soloed a lot of content with classes not particularity well suited for soloing and before mercs were available. And we did it before gear better than originally dropped and hotzone augs became available.

If a player's main issue is that they rolled a group dependent class then I'd submit that they need to shake off their 2 person guild tag and find a family/casual guild that's focues on helping each other progress. This isn't mandatory - I've soloed two classes past 75 without a social network but it helps.

Augs are plentiful. There's no reason for a level 80 tank to be in almost 100% hotzone augs at level 80.

Btw, I commented that I reacted to the probabilty the would be Heroic Characters and IMO they'd be level 90. Level 77 Ranger 2000AA, set of 90 random drops in RoF armor (it was cheap in the bazaar), most level 92 accessories, 10ish 30AC augs (4 buyable), etc.

Proactive > reactive > inactive. All tanks know it.
  5. Ravengloome Augur

Test also has an XP bonus (100%, you referenced in passing i thought clarify) and free gold.

With a box you can probably easily do the Everfrost LDON Raid for a 35ac aug in your shield over the Bayle Crest. I was successful soloing that at 75 with my Paladin (with much worse gear then your in...).

Get the 30ac augs from TSS
    Finish getting the augs you need still from SOF
    Start working on 30/35ac augs in SOD

Also you referenced that you box, What class do you box? You may want to look into making a necro or wizard, or something to help aid you (DPS matters...). I would highly suggest not boxing a priest or utility class. Since 1) you have healer mercs and 2) Tanks need a DPS partner (preferably a self sufficient one that doesn't need support IE Necro or Wizard) < Either of those classes allow you to utilize some tricks to split mobs and don't rely on haste/buffs nearly as much as say a monk.

Make a gear/aug plan, Work the Plan, Collect da lewtz and pretty soon you might not be so bad off.
  6. Repthor Augur

27 pages later of bull . and all the grestest minds on the forum troll list couldent come up with anything priceless

some simple truths
    if as a tank you have 10k aas (less if your a warrior cuz we dont get 10k usefull aas) and u have the right gear and the right lvl for the top lvl of the group game and you stil cant kill stuff with 3 ppl plus mercs the only person to blame is your own lack of knowlage be it disc orders lack of information cuz u couldent take the time to read up what a wealth of players b4 you have written up. its your own fult. you dident want to read up or you chouldent take the time to talk to some other person in the game that plays your class to ask for help. either way **YOUR TO BLAME**

another news flash if your a warrior and your complining that you cant solo guess what ur class isent built to solo aka stop wasteing your own time.

some tanks are easyer to group with sure but all 3 tanks can tank any content this game has to offer barring gear skill and desire

stop beating the horse is had enough just put it out of its misery
  7. Tharrg Augur

Hey I would love to group.. I made my warrior when people grouped and when there were plenty. Now the game is empty up to level 85-90... Not everyone knows how to box. Why do you think that Heroic characters are being looked into? Its because there is no game before level 90.. the world is barren and empty except for a few people leveling alts... etc. Just because a person rolls a group oriented character does not guarantee them a group no matter how good they are if those groups dont exist.

My box is a 72 Beastlord.... Using a Melee DPS.. I am also working on a Mage since they are so easy...I figure why not since I have to rely on myself.
  8. Ravengloome Augur

Necro would be hands down a better box then either mage or bst.

Reasons being 1) better DPS 2) easier split pulling (an area you lack) 3) Utility 4) In comparison to beast ease of boxing

Con of the necro is it requires some research to box one efficiently. The effort will pay off though.

You also do NOT lose slow since necros can slow undead... and they can turn anything into an undead mob (or practically anything). < Necro slow is also 5% or 10% more then beast slow IIRC.
  9. Tharrg Augur

Yeah I have thought about necro box.. I just dont know... Also someone suggested moving off server... Yeah.. after almost 15years on same server.. I just cant get my self to do that.
  10. Dre. Altoholic

A fresh start might be exactly what you need.
  11. Tharrg Augur

Blasphemy!!!!
  12. --Voodoo-- Augur

Another benefit of Test. It's a copy, not a move. If you don't like it, or if anything changes in the future, you can pick up right where you left off. Doesn't cost anything either.

The downside to that: Whatever progress you make on Test can't be transferred over.
  13. EQTrixy Elder

Tharrg, doing a test copy might be a good ideal. If you don't like it you can always go back to your current server

Double exp, all vet AAs no matter how old your account, free gold, all expacts.

There is even a progression guild that is right at your level, 80. http://thefacelessorder.com/