Holly wants to know who'd play on a 2nd server...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loxias, May 26, 2015.

1. Risiko Augur

I will not play on a second server.
  2. Rolien Elder

This will help with the population problem. Don't allow any transfers to the new server keep it fresh. I would say limit it to one IP but that is unfair for people who play with family members. My main concern is the people "Boxing" 6 mages they ruin the game for everyone. Every time I see those six boxing mages I just cringe because those people are the scum that ruin this game only in it to win and don't care whose experience they ruin along the way they are probably RMT or Chinese gold farmers as well.

I have no problem with people who box legit. Hell if you can do the whole alt tabbing thing more power to you. But the people who play using [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] and boxing mages, they only want to ruin the game for everyone else.

So mostly off subject...But probably would play on the other server but the above still worries me but with no free transfer they may not come over.
  3. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

No transfers, please. Anyone who has progressed so far that they don't want to lose their progress can stay on Ragefire. There are enough people who haven't gunned through levels in the first 5 days so far that they can't start over to populate the new server. If there aren't then, possibly, allow for transfers.

A lot of us are here because we are looking for a fresh start on a fresh server. Many sat in queue all weekend. It's absurd for us to have an opportunity to play in a fresh environment, not get it, and then make us have to deal with people who did get in from the moment go.
  4. vardune Augur

I would go. Me and 8 buddies.
  5. Hendar2 Augur

I don't box 6 mages, but I box 2. Mages are among the easiest classes to box. It takes one key press to send in the pet. As for the continued [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] rage, do you think that the second or two saved by having all of the pets go in at once is worth fighting over? (Nevermind that key replication is allowed).

The reason I mention this isn't to get in anyone's face. I say this is a reasonable reaction to such a powerful class. Why wouldn't I want a couple of mages? It doesn't surprise me that some people play 6. I have threatened jokingly to do so once I heard that there would be no adjustment.

Let's not shift the blame from where it belongs. Mages and Monks have some unbalanced parameters, and if these were fixed then it would be less likely that you'd see 6-box mages. One of the nice things the original designers got right was that there was (for a while) no clear "best" class. We could, and we did, argue to we were blue in the face that our class was better, or that someone else's class was over powered. It didn't matter that none of us agreed. So a 6-box mage group is evidence that the class balance is wrong. They might want to fix that. In the meantime those who take advantage of this "working as intended" implementation are well within their rights. Again, I don't 6-box mages, but I have 0 problem with someone who does.
  6. superman Augur

i'd play there yesterday :) ready to go when you get it ready to go
  7. Gythlen Augur

I would say no to a new server now. Ragefire has only been out for what, 4 or 5 days? With something new, everyone is going to flock and get firsties, grind and grind, then get bored. Maybe in a month many people will leave or wait.

Having a second server? What if it turns out that they make it then 2 months down the line the new server has a very low population. Then they'd have to merge which could be a pain.
  8. Sheaffer Augur

I'd play on it no question no hesitation. You can't open it up fast enough for me.
  9. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

It's not a question of if there should be one. One is coming. Announced it a few hours ago. They are asking who is going to play there.
  10. Rolien Elder

I wouldn't have a problem with people who 6 "box". But the fact that most of them seem to walk on others is . They think because they pay for 6 accounts they have rights to everything, and if they don't get their way they take your mobs, train you and basically do anything just to down right piss you off.

Also when it comes to people talking about 6 "Boxing" mages it always comes down to the fact they are taking everything in zones regardless of others because there are no camps. I don't give a crap what other people say these people are RMT why else would you monopolize entire zones when you have nothing but mages. Does a mage need FBSS? No. Does a mage need Yaks? No.

I can understand wanting to make plat at the start of a server. You want your spells, you want to craft and all that kinda stuff, all of which are costly. But when everything is camped and no plat is flowing because no one can actually get mobs to kill what do you think they are selling those FBSS for?

That's of course my opinion. However I'm sure I can't be the only one who sees it this way.
  11. Lokero Elder

I decided not to play on Ragefire because the unlocks were far too long for my taste, but if it were faster, then I'd probably consider it. I don't imagine it'll have different rules though than Ragefire, simply for merging purposes.
  12. Brelic Elder

IMHO open the new server allow (1) way free transfer and shutup all the QQing. People boxing is gonna happen, people are gonna take down raid bosses faster and faster so that leaves (3) options either:

1. Get over it and play
    2. Unsub and
    or
    3. Go play Eq project 99

The devs are working hard to make sure the game is in a playable state and have implemented systems that some would say are "broken" to ensure playability. Even though you may not like the system or you have problems with it at least the devs are trying to fix issues unlike other mmo's were stuff is never corrected. So why not tell the devs thank you for the hard work and encourage them to keep making changes instead of bashing and flaming them when things dont go your way. Daybreak is a business and they are going to do whatever it takes to meet their bottom line and make $$$. Which there is nothing wrong with that; money makes the world go round.

Everyone wants to feel like their voice matters when someone says, "if Daybreak doesn't do "xyz" I'm going to unsub." Great you had your 5 seconds of fame now unsub, your idle threats of an unsub doesn't mean jack when you are only $16.23 out of hundreds if not thousands of dollars the company makes each month. If devs want a new server let them make one, if it fails like the last 2 that are ghost towns then so be it. But the bottom line is people paid to play and the devs want them to play, so they are going to appease the masses make their "paper" and call it a day...
  13. Fiido Missalot New Member

I don't get why they want to duplicate Ragefire, when they could give an alternative way to attract people.
    People voted for one (Ragefire) and now you can do something else to broaden the point of attractiveness. Open with Kunark or different ruleset.