Holly wants to know who'd play on a 2nd server...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loxias, May 26, 2015.

1. KingOfPepsiMax Lorekeeper

Would transfer without needing any hand holding additional rules.
  2. Lemuelbaruch Elder

play nice policy than yes id change over
  3. Oberon Augur

I've seen plenty of people these past few days who supposedly haven't been able to join during their primetime because of the queue so I imagine quite a few people would play on Ragefire. Not like they made any progress. We all know the new server will be more popular than ragefire anyways because everyone that lost the race would be there. Which is 75% of the server
  4. Misaligned Augur

I would switch even if I have to start from scratch.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Which is literally the same stupid double speak - you're saying a solution has to fix everything in one go or its not worth doing. 99% of the problems in the world are fixed one step at a time (part of why that phrasing isn't weird at all, because it's so accepted as a concept).

You will grow old, die and your descendants will die before a single magic solution that does everything occurs.
  6. Daragoth Lorekeeper

I would go no matter what, I can only hope all the power gamers and 6 boxers don't want to lose the 100+ hours of playtime to put into Ragefire already and they choose to stay.
  7. Loxias New Member

The 2nd server, Lockjaw, has been announced, up in the announcements forum. Hope to have it prepped as soon as possible, with an initial estimate of near the weekend. See you guys in a few days.
  8. Glistarian Augur

1- "Feels like"? Where's she even getting that feeling from?

2- Free transfers would be essential to making it work.
  9. Mardy Augur

10. Trevalon Augur

I would go but only if they allowed a free movelog.

The problem now is that they have waited too long to release this server.

Vulak released a day after Fippy and it still only managed to pull less than half of the players on Fippy.

Now that we have gone nearly a week of Ragefire, the odds of people moving become even less, if they released a brand new server with not transfers, then I have no doubt this server will be smaller than Vulak was and ultimately doomed to fail even faster.

Release Lockjaw and allow free transfers from Ragefire to Lockjaw and THEN you will see that server get a decent population, with no transfers though, you might as well just not open it.
  11. Mardy Augur

12. fazool Augur

I rescind - Roshen just confirmed this will be identical to RF so no I will not resub for this replica of what so many people despise
  13. Haynar New Member

1. Fix overpowered pets. Get serious, they need their power reduced across boards below 60 on all servers.
    2. Fix monk h2h below 65. Same overpowered problem on all servers.
    3. Stop progression at PoP. LDoN and LoY are ok, they aren't progression.

And name the server Quarm. Then I am all in.

Anything less, no thanks.

H
  14. Rutaq New Member

Count me in. And the coding wizard producer that build the queue system, remove the ease for the boxing that dominates the game and will provide even more choke points going forward on contested content.

1) Disable the ability to automatically follow players (/follow)
    2) Adjust the absurd damage scale of Pets. Put a debuff on the pet as soon as it is summoned that scales down their damage.

Then at least active groups have a chance and the raid content won't be as trivialized.
  15. Jezzie Augur

What if they had a plan to merge the servers at PoP?
    We know why the population dwindled, we couldn't do anything and the taunting in-game and on the forums by EoE had to be responsible for many of those cancelled accounts. Are we not seeing the same thing here?
    Sure, the bot armies will come and do their thing, not much can be done there without some large scale intervention from Daybreak.
    I have to admit, I had a better time on Beta than Ragefire
  16. Uxtalzon Augur

Touchy, aren't we?

They'll make another server for short-term solving, but will do nothing for the long-term such as class imbalance or bottlenecked end-zones. It means nothing changes except you might not have to wait in line longer, lol.

Because TDS was so short on content there's nothing else for a lot of players to do anymore than try a nostalgic start.
  17. Disturbed New Member

People need to read previous posts before posting. It was already mentioned in the FAQ that monk fists/mage pet dps were so hardcoded in the source - there was no option of changing it.

For all the anti-boxing single IP 's - go play on P99. This is a for-profit company and boxing will never be banned or not allowable in EQ. It is what it is - get over it.

As for Lockjaw - thank you Jesus! I think SOE were just being dickbags and not doing server transfers for Vulak/Fippy as there is current means in place to do so - ie. the FREE one-time transfer to FV that was instantaneous. It's not that difficult. If they can instance multiple zones and create a login queue - then this should be cake.

I'd transfer in a heartbeat - lets do this. But lets all be honest - neither server will make it 6 months in classic. Even the die hards will stop logging in due to boredom with 6 months of classic.
  18. Quazie Elder

They should just copy all characters over to Lockjaw before it opens, this will allow for a nice equillibrium to happen that one-way transfers do not.
  19. jaytech New Member

I would go in a second if there were no boxing on the new server, transfers provided or not.
  20. Disturbed New Member

You're living a pipe-dream Jaytech - come back to reality - they will not dis-allow boxing. What American company would make such a decision and lose money - really...