Holly wants to know who'd play on a 2nd server...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loxias, May 26, 2015.

1. Weebles Augur

I logged on this morning since work was canceled due to flooding (Houston).

There were 49 people in Unrest and 43 in Crushbone, so I decided to make my way to Antonica.
    45 people in Befallen
    52 people in Runnyeye
    29 people in Beholder's maze. BEHOLDER'S MAZE. A perennial wasteland.
    I checked highpass, forgot to /who but i ran through the zone with no invis.
    This was during the workday.

As it stands now, I either sit in que+LFG for hour(s) in order to do interesting camps, or I box terribly boring outdoor zones with no ZEM, no loot, and no excitement.

I'd reroll on a new server and I wouldn't have to think twice.
  2. Ishbu Augur

0% chance id look at the new server unless it prohibited boxing. That isnt going to happen so no need to just thin out the population only to leave ghosttowns.
  3. Banuvan Augur

The queue is the least problem we have on the server. A second server would alleviate this but not fix the glaring issues that are already starting to plague the server and will continue regardless. If they have the resources to open a second server great but they should implement other changes such as instancing the higher zones and making the raid targets into expeditions to start with.

Then they need to actually implement and enforce a PnP policy.

While doing this they should actively ban people using automation software ( it's glaringly obvious if you watch people ). Automation software to me includes anything that allows you to not play every character individually. Pushing one button on a character and having others do something is automation in this regard. If you aren't playing all your characters seperately and having to push buttons on each screen then you are using automation software.

This would start to alleviate the problems.
    Warlorf likes this.
  4. KingOfPepsiMax Lorekeeper

I would, don't need a bunch of special changes either.
  5. Rhoulicas Augur

I will go as will some others I know if there is a transfer (paid or unpaid) involved, getting black smithing up is not something I want to do again.
  6. oldemangamer Augur

Quit playing Saturday morning after hitting level 6. Only way I will invest anymore time on Live is on a new server. Play nice policy would be ideal, but I understand any change in any way to a second server is very unlikely and it isn't a deal breaker.
  7. UnnamedPlayer Elder

Many of the people wanting to play on a second server want the server to be different somehow as well. I don't think there's really a way to easily please all of these people.
  8. Cidran Augur

Thankfully switching servers is just an option. It's not about leaving 4 days behind like someone above mentioned... It's just that I don't see myself starting from zero again. Only made it through 16 levels but I've been having a lot of fun so far. Back to nektulos forest doesn't sound fun to me right now. Neither I have any problem with the queue or the boxers (and I'm not one of them), so I don't see any reason to move.
  9. jordune Augur

i personally hope they do another server.
    i hope they give those anti boxing fools what they ask for as well.
    1) single ip log in only
    2) disable auto follow
    3) allow transfers as well.

but same exact rule set. let them wait out there 6 months After they kill the required mobs for progression.
    i will be the 1st to /wave and wish ya all well
    /bye bye
    Adrienna likes this.
  10. Draden Elder

You invalidated any point you were trying to make instantly, grats.
  11. Indigo Augur

SECOND SERVER NOW!
  12. fazool Augur

+1
    +1
    +1

I *WILL* play and resub 2 of my accounts if it is not a lawless FFA win-at-all-cost GTA-crowd twitch-fest
  13. Uxtalzon Augur

No, it's just a band-aid to cover the other multiple band-aids.
  14. Adam of Ragefire Lorekeeper

Why do I need to sign a EULA for a third-party site to talk to DBG staff?
    Unethical, a pinch.
  15. Greymere Augur

My answer would be a resounding No I would not move to a new server as It's important to keep as many players on a server as possible if the long term health of the server population is the stated goal.

I am still not convinced that there are really that many players in queues at any given time until Daybreak says there are. I have a feeling the reason they are even asking us this is their concern from their own internal numbers telling them the people waiting in queues are not enough to support a second server and would require players to move over. If that is the case I'd say stick it out on one server and find ways to spread out the content in one server. Longer times to log in and queues for releases are standard and demand always dies down over time.
    code-zero likes this.
  16. Huhn New Member

I would switch immediately
  17. Banuvan Augur

Grats on bringing nothing at all to the conversation and not reading the entire post!
  18. Vasil Journeyman

I would switch and i think most of the guild would
  19. Nolrog Augur

I suffered through Vulak withering away and dying while Fippy was still healthy and going strong. No transfers were available at that time, so I had to start over from scratch with nothing. I will never play on the second server again.
  20. Demoncrusher Lorekeeper

Regardless of all other aspects of this issue, the fact remains that the current server population is causing some serious problems with their hardware and chat server.

Even if you have 10 instances of GFay up, chances of finding that Orc Hill group go way down when the chat channels are broken (which is constantly) since /ooc is current instance only. This happened over the weekend and I felt like one of the guys from Sliders when they lost their little device and couldn't swap dimensions. Also, we're kind of screwing up the rest of the Live server chat.

I would like to see a 2nd server so Ragefire's hardware doesn't combust. I'm only level 5 and I haven't found a shield yet. I'm stabbing bats with a snake tooth.

I can reroll.
    Hendar2 likes this.