Holly wants to know who'd play on a 2nd server...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loxias, May 26, 2015.

1. MaestroM Augur

I think a new server is an expensive solution to the problem of access to content. Is there some kind of physical limit to the hardware that says only 4000 people can be logged on at once? If its possible just to up the cap to 6000 or 8000 that would be ideal and then instance everything (discussed https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...on-which-zones-to-instance-longwinded.222488/)

If that's not possible. A second server would of course be good. But it would run into similar access to content problems even with only half of the population. 2000 people, 1 frenzied camp is a recipe for disaster.

2 problems with a new server.

First. People don't want to leave behind the work they've already done on Ragefire.

Second: People don't want to end up on Vulak.

Easy solution.

Offer everyone on Ragefire/Lockjaw a 1 time free transfer to the other server. Obviously restrict it so that you can't transfer backwards. (RF is in Velious, should not be able to transfer to LJ if its in Kunark or within 1 months of Velious unlock).

This will remove the reservations people have about one server over another and will lead to two relatively balanced server populations.
  2. Warlorf Augur

I would if there was PnP initiated and no boxing. I would like to play with some socially positive people.
  3. Adam of Ragefire Lorekeeper

Ltldogg and Aenvar like this.
  4. Dredlox Elder

It's been 4 complete days.....if you can't leave that behind then you play too much.
  5. Maekr New Member

I would switch. The queue line isn't worth it. And instancing higher level content could really hurt the economy with a surplus of rare/unique items. That or a lack therefore (GEBS comes to mind. I've camped three instances for 8+ hours and haven't seen one.)
  6. Adam of Ragefire Lorekeeper

What about my brother and fiance?
    How do we pay?
  7. Warlorf Augur

I could care less about peoples greed and economy when the same 3 people have every named camp ingame locked down. instance it all
  8. Warlorf Augur

What about my brother and fiance?
    How do we pay?

Stay on Rage where its allowed?
  9. Moshun Unseen New Member

In other words, "Is the community going to "fix" the problem by switching servers?".

A 2nd server was something brought up by the community many many times way before Ragefire went live. It was simply brushed off by the Devs, they had no intentions to fork money for another server. Now here we are...a chaotic mess really with a raging community and only legit complaint being the queue. No one should have to wait to play, and if there is this much excitement, then THEY (the Devs) need to figure it out. It's pretty obvious you need to be figuring out how to setup a lateral server that somehow parallels with Ragefire.

At this point, as in my opinion it was very poorly planned I don't see many actually switching. most will keep the idea that they hope everyone else will switch. In which case, you'll end up with not many switching over. Ragefire is already Live, game time missed, and the majority already set.

So really my point is, DBG you missed the mark on planning and decision making and instead of posting in a twitter feed asking peoples thoughts, how about make something happen and just get it done or find someone who can?
  10. Zormito New Member

I'd make the switch to a new server even if it's the same rule set. I've only been able to log on a few times in with the current population & queue set up.

Also, I'd prefer a non-boxing server as well.
  11. Vaclav Augur

So unless a solution solves everything it's garbage?

Multiple solutions for multiple problems is a normal method adults use to tackle problems. Unless they're in politics.
  12. Adam of Ragefire Lorekeeper

You're not a very smart one, are you?

It doesn't fix any issue. It punishes 3 playing accounts to satisfy 1. Silly goose, they're a company, designed to make money... they will not punish people willing to give them lots of money.
  13. Warlorf Augur

they don't make money when 2/3 of the communities paying customers leave to make 1/3 happy. ...

Who isn't the smart one?

I said I would switch if it had PnP and no boxing.

You asked what about you and the toon army ..

I stated stay on Rage where its already accepted ..

Issue? carry on
  14. Raymond Lorekeeper

Definitely would switch to 2nd server.
  15. Draden Elder

If it was that simple it would be done already, why limit it I'd you don't have to? They have to.

The largest problem is not content, I will worry about that once I can log in when I have the time to play.
  16. Demoncrusher Lorekeeper

[IMG]

You can't escape the Q.
    Adrienna and Ltldogg like this.
  17. Warlorf Augur

18. shaylann New Member

I would switch as well,
  19. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

I only have 1 level 7 toon on Ragefire (besides some unplayed name holders) and got held up over the weekend with RL things other than the queue. So, yes, I would likely play on a new server if we got some timeframe as to when to expect it.

Have a lot of time to play this week so I'm looking to get on it one way or the other, though.
  20. Vaclav Augur

They've already quoted the server code can only handle so many people - with the extra high caps it had over the weekend it was disruption the Universal Chat Service SERVERWIDE - its no doubt got to be scaled back from where it was some because it's already causing issues.

And for the record with:
    25 Ranger, 25 Paladin, 13 Bard, 13 Druid, 13 Mage between the wife and I - we'd leave in a heartbeat.