Holly wants to know who'd play on a 2nd server...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Loxias, May 26, 2015.

1. Haynar New Member

They said monk fists and pets cant be toggle for just RF. i know they can change them for all servers. Their choice. They are almost getting it right finally.

Almost.

H
  2. Maxium Dualblade Elder

So many entitled people that want to outlaw boxing haha. Go play a Blizzard game. You'll get what you want then.
    Melanippe likes this.
  3. Disturbed New Member

People just need to come to reality and stop individually posting what THEY want - THEY are in the minority. I honestly think 6 months of classic is ridiculous - and I voted to have Kunark opened with classic to increase options of zones to level in - but I'm not whining about it.

Then the people are whining about a second server - when people are sitting in queues for 2+ hours and when they do get in - all the zones are over-crowded, ks'ing and trains are repeatedly happening - and these same people want everyone to stick it out on one server??

Riiiight. It was confirmed Ragefire currently has more population than Fippy and Vulak put together - how is another server NOT justified? Yes - Vulak population died off after roughly a year or year-and-a-half - but that should be ample time to weed through the subscribers who are just in it for classic and will quit.

Right now - it's the wild west of EQ happening on Ragefire. Nothing is enforced - unless you are blatently training repeatedly on Twitch. KS'ing and training are rampant and groups are moving in on other groups basically saying we're taking this camp or try to out dps us.
    Tachya likes this.
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Boxing isn't the problem. Its being able to use 3rd party software to have all the toons being run from one screen and one keypress. I box the old fashioned way of alt tabbing and there is no way I can do that as fast as single players can. But 3rd party software actually makes it so "those" boxers can do it faster than individual players would react in tandem.
  5. Kunfo Augur

I would definitely like to play on a new server but only if there are NOT server transfers. It would cause too much of an imbalance between people starting fresh and higher level characters (Ragefire's been out for almost a week now). I also find the fresh server feeling without high levels to be really fun while it lasts
  6. Lawful Evil New Member

I might head there. Depends on transfers and who else might head there. My highest is only level 8 atm. I hope they fix the issues that are ongoing , Boxing, Botting, 6 man Mage groups and rush to kill raid targets withing days of launch. If they allow the same stuff the server will be dead before it even has a chance. Wanted to add I am not anti boxing but ragefire is a great example of what can go wrong if unchecked.
  7. Tachya Elder

Yes, I will play on the second server if it's the same ruleset, as they announced it will be.

If they change the rules, well, it will depend on the rules.

If they offer transfers, I will transfer. If not I'll just reroll.

I just wish they had made this decision sooner, now they hope it will be ready before the weekend?
  8. Gremin Augur

Few questions

1. If you do allow transfers would it not be prudent to allow them first and immediately since names was such a huge issue when Ragefire opened? Otherwise, folks who intend to transfer would have to make a toon, delete it once transfers start and hope it does not get taken?

2. Transfers going to be free?

3. Is a server merge guaranteed down the road when population dwindles on either server?

Thanks
  9. Vaclav Augur

I'm not touchy nor angry (not sure why people always assume I am - trying to be detailed and clear = being aggressive and angry to people... when I'm just being clear and assertive).

And on class imbalances as others have answered - it's unfortunately not fixable - I've pitched some ignored suggestions that I think are doable, but regardless any of those that I or others have mused WOULD NOT BE HINDERED BY ANOTHER SERVER. So in this case if they held off on a new server to do that, they'd be cutting off their nose to spite their face. "Well, we're losing people because of the queues, but we've gotta fix class balance issues first!" Perhaps being a business degree holder (MSHRM specifically - analogous in most ways to a MBA) I've got a different perspective on things, but hemorrhaging players that are paying to not get ANY service, which is a justifiable reason to quit - to focus on class balance first seems a tad odd. [especially since class balance fixes run off as many people as they keep historically - people do not like nerfs]

And on bottlenecked zones - they're addressing that to some degree, that was actually announced first - we just don't know how far they're taking it yet. (And honestly, I expect it to need to be revisited again - but they're taking it in stages rather than overdoing it - I'm unhappy with the cautious approach, but I understand their thoughts on it from their actions)
  10. Krizzik New Member

Single IP log in only would mean that only one of my family could play at a time. Me, my partner and my son all like to play TOGETHER at the SAME time. Not everyone that has multiple logins going from a single IP are boxing! Shame on you broad brush this and ignore it. Do I think [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] should be allowed? No way. Do I think people should be allowed to box/ Yes .. as long as they are actually controlling the toons. Heck, sometimes I 2 box my toon and my partners when I'm bored or need to be able to AFk a lot. BUT, I always use the alt-tab method to switch back and forth, which is why I only 2 box .. sometimes 3 box but never more than that. I prefer to play with live people any chance I can.

Just remember, there are actual couples and families that play this game together and all come from a single ip. Don't be so greedy just because you are the only nerd in your house. Rejoice for nerd families that still plays game together.
  11. Templeton Augur

Me too IF there are free xfers at launch and IF it has a no box policy.

I see no reason to start again just to be swamped by more boxers tbh.
  12. Maultar New Member

I'd join one or the other.
    sihpa likes this.
  13. sihpa Augur

Nature abhors a vacuum. Someone will fill that void and be just as despised. Dont worry too much about all that. Oi in fact I hope most people wanting this server arent in it just to get away from TL..
  14. Sarpedon New Member

Without server transfers I would definitely move over. With them I am less certain. I don't really see a definite need for them at this point. If the population doesn't rebalance correctly then maybe, but I doubt that that will be a problem. The only thing that I would like to see changed is no XP potions from the store. But I know already that that is a pipe dream. Still. As long as those potions are there the experience can't be called anything close to the 1999 version. And truthfully they don't belong there as there is no existing high level game to catch people up to.
  15. Bramwell New Member

I'd switch if there was some predetermined population level that would guarantee a merge so that one of the servers didn't end up a ghost server. A small queue of 10 or less minutes is fine to me. Last night it was like an hour and a half. I then had time to play for a half hour.
  16. eikona New Member

I'd move to a new server if XP potions were disabled, and there were no server transfers. But with those, there's no point in moving. Even with a wait time before transfers - the people on Ragefire have that week to continue to level/acquire resources, so there's no purpose being served in the delay.
  17. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

I would swap servers. I am not trying to beat anyone anywhere. I am just playing to have fun and would start over on a new server in a heartbeat.
  18. Steampunk Augur

Same exact rule-set? I'll play on it. I won't even ask for free transfers. I'll just start over and have just as much fun as I did on Ragefire. If you are under the impression that playing low-level characters can't be fun, perhaps you need to rethink your goals.
  19. Darth Augur

The hardcore raiders are already 40+ with raid loot, makes more sense for all the casual level 11 people to reroll.
  20. Rotlust Augur

I'd move to it even without a transfer if its a no box server.