Heroic Characters FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Do you currently have a Heroic Character on test? If so, delete that one and see if it allows you to create one on live.

Do you have an open character slot? If not, you'll need to free up a character slot to be able to create a Heroic Character.

Is this an account created after November 8, 2013? If so, it's possible it's trying to award your "one-per-household" Heroic Character to another account associated with your household.

If none of the above are true, please try to share additional information so I can do my best to advise.
  2. jkgamer New Member

Ha, I just figured this out and was preparing a post of my own. I did have to delete my Heroic character on the TEST server in order for one to become available on my LIVE server GOLD account.
  3. ABBulldog Journeyman

I don't have ANY heroics made anywhere on eq1. I did try out a heroic on eq2 about a week ago on my gold account. Could that be causing the issue?
  4. Gythlen Augur

I hope not, cause if so I'm in trouble.
  5. Odiosus Journeyman

Roshen - can you advise whether the intent was for existing characters who utilize the heroic upgrade feature would receive the skillups that a new starting character does receive?
  6. Msdemeaner New Member

Roshen, I've checked all those possibilities, other than some other account it may have been assigned to, but i don't remember the passwords to even check. I would think it would give me an option across all my accounts till i've picked one, but says 0 on the 2 accounts i ever log into.
  7. Roshen Brand Manager

Nothing you do in EverQuest 2 should impact your ability to create a Heroic Character in EverQuest.

Existing characters that are upgraded to become a Heroic Character should receive an increase in their skills that are below what Heroic Characters start with.
    Leerah likes this.
  8. Kable Lorekeeper

• Trial Heroic Character
    • Trial Heroic Character Consumable Pack
    • Trial Heroic Character IP Check
    Original Activation Date: June 29, 2008
  9. ABBulldog Journeyman

That would be the smart way to have done it. I actually have more than 3 accounts but I don't play any of the others and none of them are gold, except this one.

Silly not to have the option for my gold account.

Help me out here Roshen. Please. Thanks.
  10. Roshen Brand Manager

If you're seeing no Heroic Character option on accounts that should be eligible based on the information in the FAQ here or on the Heroic Character webpage here, you may just want to contact our Customer Service team.
  11. Odiosus Journeyman

Ok this is not currently working then. I upgraded a lvl 100 and saw no change in several skills (begging and bind wound, maybe others)
  12. Roshen Brand Manager

It seems like the system is trying to award the 'one-per-household' Heroic Character for accounts created after November 8, 2013 to another account you've created.

If you feel like this is in error, you may want to contact our Customer Service team directly.
  13. Gythlen Augur

Yeah why I think people should kinda wait to see about doing this with anyone over level 85. I really don't think SoE counted on people level 100 making themselves Heroic Characters.
  14. ABBulldog Journeyman

I think I know what happened to my new account. When I returned to eq I saw a link in the newbie forum where new accounts or ones that hadnt logged in for x amount of time were eligible for some nice claims. Full set of armor from 1-85, couple of nice bags, a mount etc. I voided that option on my accounts because I had already logged in trying to track down what characters I had on which servers. So I created several 2 accounts with the aim of starting completely over.

I changed my mind because even with the claims I was poor! So I just kept this one as my new one, and I box it with my old toons which have plat. I upgraded this one to gold, the other new ones tied to my email arent played.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

OK - according to me this reads that assuming he made no heroics yet - that newish Gold account should still be eligable. But not if he a made another in his household already.
    So yes - it seems he has an "issue" here. :(
    -Rat
  16. Odiosus Journeyman

Someone had to test it. ;)
  17. idej Augur

So I can upgrade my 2 accounts because of account age but it's not letting my wife use the one per household.
  18. Roshen Brand Manager

The system may be trying to award the 'one-per-household' Heroic Character for accounts created after November 8, 2013 to another account created in your household.

If you feel like this is in error, you may want to contact our Customer Service team directly.
  19. Gythlen Augur

Hey I am totally cool with people thinking outside the proverbial box! Just be careful, that's all. hate for something to break or whatever :D
  20. Marshall Maathers Augur