Heroic Characters FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. leaola Journeyman

NO WAY

I still don't have my bind wound up to lvl 70 and I have worked hard to up it.
    I'm thinking of using it just for that on my lvl 100 druid with 8500 aa and most all of my rk 3 spell. you either need to fix how hard I is to raise skills like intimidate and bins wound or auto grant to everyone.
  2. Moonglow New Member

These don't appear to be available at all on Free accounts. Silver accounts appear to get the option, but not Free accounts. I have a Free account that was created on Oct 1 2013 and the Enabled Features section shows nothing at all relating to Heroic Characters; the Silver accounts do.

If I were to upgrade my Free account to a Silver account before the end of the trial period, will I get the feature, or is it too late at this point?
  3. Finkelle New Member

Do I need an available character slot to create a Heroic Character.
    Yes.

If you don't have an available character slot, you can choose to update any of your current characters to be a Heroic Character.

How much clearer do you need this?
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'm planning on doing the same thing, but I'm gonna wait until someone else has done it first, just to make sure it doesn't mess my char up. lol.
  5. Tellidan New Member

Will I be able to transfer a Heroic Character to an account that is not flagged for Heroic Characters?
  6. Alerionthenecro New Member

Roshen, I have all the proper things on my page to allow me a free HC, but it won't let me make it, is there something going on with the Heroic Characters?
  7. Poote Lorekeeper

Why is a wood elf beastlord limited to Cresent Reach home city and not allowed to be created in i dunno, say, KELETHIN ?
    Tellidan likes this.
  8. Malevolus New Member

So I did find a bug/oversight for the upgrade of an existing character. I upgraded a lvl 100 character for the free skillups in hard to level skills. After upgrade, alcohol tolerance, begging, and bind wound did not move. Since this upgrade is irreversible from a free heroic character perspective, I hope this can be looked at.
  9. Msdemeaner New Member

There has to be something going on with free HC. 2 gold accounts, no characters on test and plenty of open slots.
  10. MasterRin New Member

Upgrading an existing character didn't change skills for me either. Not sure if that was only for newly created toons or not.
  11. ABBulldog Journeyman

OK. I haven't started a heroic character on any of our accounts yet. I have one gold account and two silver accounts in our household. Both of the silver accounts are about a year old. They both have the option to start a heroic character. My gold account is fairly new, about two weeks old. It doesnt have the option to create a heroic character at all.

Earlier a guy in a similar situation who had 5 accounts 4 of which were old and one new asked if they would all be eligible for the heroic character freebie, Roshen said they would.

Regardless of that, like I said I havent made anyone heroic yet and the option isnt available for my gold account at all.

Whats up?
  12. Ratbo Peep Augur

The old accounts are eligible for a freebie - gold or not.
    -Rat
  13. ABBulldog Journeyman

They are all supposed to be eligible for 2 weeks after release for the freebie.
  14. Gythlen Augur

Can any of these items given be traded with others on your account?

Hypothetical situation:

I have 7 people on a server. I use the free HC and get everything with it. Can I transfer the mount to my shared bank for another person? Can I put the plat into the shared bank? Are the bayle marks able to go into the bank? (I think you can remove to put into your inventory as tokens of reclimation, when bought, end up in inventory). Will the bags given be heirloom as well?
  15. Kable Lorekeeper

Some reason i cannot make HC's on 2 of my accounts any reason why? I made them in 2008 and logged on before nov 13th should i petition?
  16. Gythlen Augur

They are aware of this. Roshen made a post in another thread: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/...rrath-on-march-12.208798/page-14#post-3063791

My bad attempt at copying the post, though the link has it there ...

Yinla said:
    “Have they fixed it so Frog monks and WE Beastlords can now start in Rathe Mountains and G Fay? This was broken on test and there was no feedback from devs.”

Roshen: They're aware of this. Once I have full patch notes for tomorrow's Heroic Character patch, I'll go ahead and list it out.
  17. Ridiuz New Member

What happens if I try to make my level 100 with 4000 AAs a heroic? The option pops up, but I don't know what would happen if I hit "yes"??
  18. Ratbo Peep Augur

Can you find a link for that? I thought it was just accounts made before the deadline.
    -Rat
  19. Gythlen Augur

To tell you the truth, I do not think SoE realized some people would do this to get skills up quicker, or for whatever reason (meaning doing the HC for those over level 85).

I would highly suggest people not do this until a red name says otherwise. Hate for something to screw up for you guys.

I'm sure you are mentioning about the first post here, but it is kinda vague, so I understand your confusion.

This is what it says:

It just states 'each player', so one would assume, that means any and all accounts no matter the deadline or status.

Hopefully Roshen can demystify this.
  20. ABBulldog Journeyman

Its in the news. Dont know how you could miss it.

Accounts made after the deadline are one heroic per household. Before the deadline its 1 per account.

I have 3 accounts. 2 silvers created long before the deadline, both have the option. My gold account was created about 2 weeks ago and doesnt have the option.

I havent made any heroic toons on any of the accounts, so the option should be on ALL of my accounts.