Heroic Characters FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Cyric187 New Member

2. Roshen Brand Manager

3. Sakarab New Member

Thank you Roshen. So I take it if my other two accounts only say "Trial Heroic Character IP Check" that these two accounts are restricted to the 1-per-Household rule correct?
  4. Roshen Brand Manager

Yes. If those accounts only show the IP flag, it's looking at them for the one-per-household rule.
  5. Hedgehopper New Member

This account was activated on 3/7/14. it shows
    • Trial Heroic Character
    • Trial Heroic Character Consumable Pack
    • Trial Heroic Character IP Check
    • I am confused =)
  6. Osco Journeyman

On the Test Server, Wood Elf Beastlords don't seem to have the option to have Kelethin as their home city. Will the new Wood Elf Beastlords be able to start in Kelethin on the regular servers, and the Froglok Monks in Mountains of Rathe?

Thanks!
  7. whiteft2 New Member

• Trial Heroic Character
    Why do I have Ip Check on an account that was created April 13, 2013
    I have 2 other accounts that was created before November 8, 2013 as well but all my accounts are stating Ip Check i should be able to have My Main account Gold Account able to have one free Heroic, 1 Silver account free heroic, 2 F2P accounts Free Heroic for a total of 4 free heroics but all my others that are not Gold BUT created way before the November 8, 2013 dateline are ip marked WHY?

P.S

Oh I think I understand now, If it had ONLY stated Ip Check and not the other two lines as well ten that would have meant Ip Check only but since there are the other two lines in them that means they are flagged each able to have Heroic Character on them?
  8. Alekzandre Augur

"For the first two weeks (3/12-3/26), the first Heroic Character each player creates is FREE!"

Hello, and thanks for the information Roshen!

Based on your replies to other questions in this thread, I am assuming that the heroic Character that I will make between 3/12-3/26 will be free after the 26th, and not just free during that period. The reason I ask, is others are saying in General Chat on the my server, that the way you made the quoted statement above, leaves things open for SOE to charge for that character after the 26th.

Yeah I know....(goes unsaid) :)

Maybe rephrase that line a bit.
  9. Arcaine Elder

Agree with this - I don't think I'm going to go for a heroic toon just for this issue.

If it's fixed, I'll probably buy one for each account
  10. Ranger001 New Member

yeah im confused too, all my gold accounts are 1999 start dates, and my free account is here: 2000!

how does the IP check work if you IP changes evertime you start your router?.. if you have a static IP and have 4 flatmates that all play EQ? ... not fair if all flatmates have to fight over who gets the heroic toon...

Original Activation Date: April 26, 2000
    • Trial Heroic Character
  11. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Roshen,

The FAQ makes no mention of the IP address / household limits on, I believe, the free Heroic Character (HC) grant.

Since the free HC is only for two weeks, perhaps you want to make a separate FAQ just for the free HC and the limits regarding that.

Also adding the bit about it is only for accounts created before a certain date would be a good idea. Also, whether it has to be a gold account.

Because I guarantee that you will be getting a ton of complaints about the limits (whatever they are, I'm not going to search through dozens of posts to try to find them) and it might make things easier to be able to point people at a FAQ about it.
  12. Iila Augur

Stop reading general chat, you are too gullible to be exposed to it.

It's the same system they used for EQ2, and no who made free heroic characters has been charged.
  13. HumanWormBaby New Member

Just goes to show people will still complain and want more even with something that is free. If I only get 1 character that is high up out of my 4 accounts I will still be happy. So, thank you SoE for saving me that long, long grind that has kept me from creating another character which had me burned out and bored. This right here is enough to get me back into EQ again. Not the AAs you want? Guess you still have something to work towards, they still are saving you months of 'work'.
    TomWaits and Sollas like this.
  14. Roshen Brand Manager

Is this the only account you have that was created after Nov 8, 2013? Is so, this seems fine.

If you have all three of these flags, you're good to go for Heroic Characters.

Sorry if sharing this link to check these flags confused anyone. :)

The Heroic Character you create for free between 3/12-3/26 is yours to keep after this trial period. If you delete your Heroic Character after March 26th, you won't be able to create a new Heroic Character for free.

This will be called out on the Heroic Character webpage.

I also answered this here: https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/heroic-characters-faq.208899/#post-3063658

While I don't have a specific answer for you on how IP checks work, if your accounts all have all three flags, you'll be fine.
  15. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

16. Zinth Augur

Seriously? Evocation for cleric? I can understand for Druids, but for clerics I have always used Alteration (Prim) and Abjuration (Sec) and all the clerics (I know not many left) that I checked with used the same.

Whats up with that?
  17. Balgador New Member

My opinion, I do not think HC should be offered unless your a veteran or had a EQ account for sometime. I can understand SOE trying to get more people to sign up for marketing reasons.

But my concern is this, you will have new players or new players that has playing around let say a month or two that does not really know how to really group or handle their toons. I can understand if a player that is 70 or above from what I read in the thread that wants bump up their toons. that is understandable. They worked hard to get their toon where it is now. These new players get the HC and take their toons to mostly the Hot Zones or random zones which they think they can handle, when other player who had been playing for sometime go into the zones there will be bodies all over as like in the Mines of Gloomingdeep. These players will try and group with other players that really does not how to group nor handle their skill set and either die alot or wipe out the group. But that is my opinion.

Sorry if I am rambling it is early and I haven't had my coffee yet.
  18. Ridiuz New Member

I plan to upgrade one of my current characters to heroic. Do I keep all of the weapons it currently has like epic quest weapon? Also do I keep my "of Rallos Zek" title or whatever server my character came from?
  19. Ratbo Peep Augur

20. Ratbo Peep Augur

Try reading the thread.
    It's been stated repeatedly that you'll lose nothing.
    -Rat