Heroic Characters FAQ

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Odiosus Journeyman

Skills that did NOT boost on my 100 (others may have more depending on what was skilled prior to the upgrade)
    Alcohol Tolerance
    Begging
    Bind Wound
  2. ~Mills~ Augur

I have checked the other free to play accounts and none of them have the option and none had a heroic toon created. I believe the issue is I have already created a heroic character on a gold account that was created well before 11/08/2013. However based on the description provided for heroic characters this should not be an issue as that account is one per account and the system for free to play accounts post 11/08/2013 should not be factoring that in. Unless you guys did intend it to work that way, meaning if an account flagged from say 2004 is meant to block a free to play account created in 2014 from the same household, but never explained as much which means you still should be honoring how its worded currently regardless.

If this is the case then you should explicitly state that for any household that has both pre 11/08/2013 and post 11/08/2013 accounts that they should create a heroic toon on the post account first or be blocked from using it as explained.
  3. Abazzagorath Augur

Hah, the only skills someone would really bother upgrading a current main for lol.
    Odiosus likes this.
  4. Portzilla New Member

If I upgrade my silver account to heroic do I get a journeyman merc or is only on new heroic characters on free account. And do the new heroic characters keep the journeyman merc forever or will I lose access to the J1-J5 mercs at some point?
  5. Mathozi New Member

ok me my spouse and our daughter are playing this and we had thought it would be a cool thing to do but finding out today that the limits are so that with this we can not play together. I played eq about 12 years ago with my now ex and I was excited to see that unlike many games EQ had not changed in base playability but limiting to where only one person in a house that has many people in it seems wrong to me.i mean you could make the high level gear heirloom only or some such like that . I am annoyed that I will not get to try out being a heroic mage as I am on a limited income and its not really feasible for me to spend 35 dollars on a video game
  6. Geroblue Augur

I had a Hero Character possible on my silver account.
  7. Abazzagorath Augur

Make a heroic on the one account, and then make a regular level 1 ftp character on the other. Then play together until the baby one is high enough to group. Doesn't seem hard.
  8. Tyrela New Member

What do I do if both my account which are pre nov 2013 do not have the heroic account stuff listed in the account details page?
  9. Jadz Xander New Member

You have ALWAYS had more AC.. ;)
  10. Donroy Elder

Hand to Hand and Intimidation also
  11. xaga Elder

Maybe i missed this, but is there a reason that investigator Drolmer would say "Im sorry i do not have anything for some one of your abilities" to a heroic char
  12. Quatr Augur

This typically happens because the account doesn't have CoTF. They are working on fixing it.
    xaga likes this.
  13. Harabakc Augur

I have 1 gold account, 4 silver accounts, and a free account. I claimed a heroic on one of the silvers and now I am unable to claim heroics on the free or any of the other silvers. The newest account is the free one and it is dated July 6th 2013.
  14. Judy New Member

I didn't claim my rewards in one go, and now I've lost the minimised window to claim the rest. Is there a command to retrieve the rest of the rewards?
  15. Ranger001 New Member

my account was created in 2000, but logging in i only have the option to upgrade... also a few of the free acounts made last year, are also showing upgrade only.. why cant i create? or am i missing something...

im silver, my free accounts are copper :p

i am not using my gold accounts for heroic toons, as i have 5 level 100 toons with max aa, these are my mains :) .. but keen to get some free heroic toons on silver and free to play.
  16. Taadieri Journeyman

Can Heroic Characters be transferred between accounts? If so, what impact if any will that have on the free Heroic Character option on the account you are transferring to or the one you are transferring from.

What I would like is to create or upgrade Heroic Characters on each of my 4 accounts, then transfer one of them from my original account to my newest account. First, because I have a beastlord on my original account that I am rather fond of even though he is only level 40. Second, this beastlord is currently flagged for veteran rewards but I have no empty veteran slots on the newest account. Finally, by transferring him after he is upgraded, he will be available to group with the mage currently on the same account he is on now plus the necromancer on one of my other accounts.
  17. Delyth Treekycker New Member

Just going to chime in here and say that there are definitely bugs with how it is being counted.

We've got 5 accounts and it's only allowed me to do heroic characters on two of them. The others had the option, right up until I made the other two. These accounts are OLD. The newest of them was made in 2001.

If I'm understanding the FAQ correctly, we should be able to get a heroic on each of our accounts. It doesn't state anywhere that silver accounts would be restricted. If silver accounts are going to be restricted, you really need to get that in the FAQ asap.

"Every account created before 11/8/2013 is eligible for one free Heroic Character." is what it says down in the fine print.
  18. Inagaki Elder

Check out this thread:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/eq/index.php?threads/heroic-char-upgrade-possible-bug.208960/

I don't think it's a case of "skills that got boosted, and skills that didn't". It's a case of what level the character is. Possibly, if the script did not do a level increase on the character, it doesn't know how to do a skill point raise?
  19. Funbags3 New Member

I just recently re-registered my Gold account. I do not have the heroic option on my gold account or any of my silver accounts. I cant remember if I made my account before November 2013 but was wondering how I may take advantage of this promotion. I wanna test it out on one character and possibly buy the option on others.
  20. WiIIiam New Member

try to have one character slot available (can buy a doll from loyalty vendor for 1200 crowns i think)
    to make appear the Heroic character upgrade button (in first screen) and the Heroic character create button (in the character details screen)

on web site can ask for account details then view details to check it the 3 lines Trial Heroic... appears at the bottom (means account is flagged correctly)