HA Scaling

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stageguy, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

You didn’t read my second paragraph did you... not surprised at the cherry picking. I am like most people here saying it was terribly done and they should fix it ASAP. It’s not healthy for the game at all as it is now.

Ps my main may be raid geared but guess what all my alts are? :) (Hemce I share the view of the masses here)
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  2. Hurrikane Journeyman

Yes they certainly can. Is this what you are advocating or would you like to see People Play? Why are you against People Giving Feedback? If someone is unhappy they have every right to make their voice Heard. You don't have to listen if you don't want. I guess I don't understand why you don't think Daybreak should get Feedback from its customers
  3. Tiggold Augur

Raiders do a lot more than this. The preparation I put into my raid character is ridiculous. Having to go back and do content to get passive AA's to help myself and my guild, putting together groups or figuring out how to do things solo just to get a piece of gear that adds a small benefit, and so on and so on. A lot goes into being a well-prepared raider.

Without any disgusting remarks on your intelligence and the absurdity of the statement I'll just say NO, NEVER.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Actually, there is nothing absurd about that statement, neither if talking relative nor absolute distance between the two.
    The absurdity in my eyes is with your two last words, and especially the last one.
    But thank you for proving that some prejudices aren't prejudices after all!

Besides: i am quite sure you missed the "if" in the part you quoted... *sigh*
  5. Tiggold Augur

Hilarious.
  6. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Hilarious, huh?
    That would be you then, missing the "if" that makes that statement ANYTHING BUT ridiculous, even if you - for some reason i do personally not understand - insist on raid-gear that almost by definition trivializes current group content.
    Hilarious, right: that's you!
  7. Tiggold Augur

If raid gear trivialized group content we wouldn't have all this uproar about HA retuning. But, please, carry on. This is helping me save some of the shows I have downloaded from Netflix until later! Priceless entertainment.
  8. Zhaunil_AB Augur

*sigh*
    We are at the beginning of an expansion, right?
    Are you truly insisting on EoK raid gear having not trivialized each and every EoK group encounter?
    Of course, our raid gear allows us to do stuff in RoS relatively easily.
    I wanna see you in group gear do the same.
    And honestly, i think you watching some TV show would be a good idea!
    But make that Sesamestreet or something similarly educational - you need it!
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'll ignore the fact that you are on Firiona Vie and you can purchase most things at a price. How much of a challenge is it for you to go back and do old group content? How much of a challenge do you think it would be for a group geared player to go back and do that same content? Who would find it harder you or a group geared player?

I wouldn't call the preparation for a raid character challenge, it is a lot easier to do now than when it is current. You are talking to someone who has raided for the last 17 years, who can trigger all raids and group missions with the exception of GoD & OOW, (i missed a few pieces to trigger raids). I've helped various guildies at various times over the years to do old content most of which were fun to go back and do.
    I see my point went straight over your head. My response was to someone suggesting challenging group content for raiders. DBG cannot make group content a challenge for raiders without making it next to impossible for group geared players to complete the same content without improving group gear. I'll agree group gear should not be as good as raid gear, BUT group content MUST be doable by groupe players in group gear. So I still stand by my comment "IF Daybreak want to make NPCs hit this hard, they need to close the gap between raid gear and group gear."

Raiders don't just have a gear advantage they have various AA's, achievements and clickies only available from doing raids, not just gear.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd say completing a Dead Hills HA in 2 minutes before the retune is raid gear trivializing group content.
  11. Tiggold Augur

You could give all the raid gear available to a majority of these people and it wouldn't make a difference. Yes, Im on FV after a recent transfer. I came with my gear and have bought nothing for myself because I raid. If preparing to raid at the level I do isn't a challenge there wouldn't be raid guilds recruiting. I've seen many, many people come and go with the application of "I have all the gear already, progression done, blah blah blah" and still not be worth a damn. And your point didn't go over my head, you simply didn't make it. I replied to your statement which is ridiculous and now you've had some time to think about it you want to back peddle and say no I meant this and then add an insult. Pathetic.
  12. Zhaunil_AB Augur

That's also got to do with levels and AAs...
    I doubt the "2min" was true when CotF raid gear was the thing, or at release of TDS.
    Still, raidgear allows us to do most group content (of the same expansion, that's what counts) with impunity - hence why i call it trivializing group content.
  13. Warpeace Augur

You can put an idiot in raid gear, still doesn't make them any good. People need to learn to do more than hit auto attack and an occasional spell / ability.
    Tiggold likes this.
  14. oldandnasty Augur

I totally want people playing and giving feedback. All I did was point out there is a 3rd option to Daybreak's actions which some of us are choosing. I don't understand what issue you have with this post but whatever.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

What part is hard here? Better gear makes content much easier. And if raid gear didn't trivialize group content they might never have retuned it so your argument makes no sense.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

An idiot in raid gear is still better then an idiot without raid gear.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Not hardly, they are still both incompetent and a determent to any group.

They can go play Gems, but that might need nerfed also.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Try reading my whole original post. The post is about groupers not being able to do group content with group gear.

If Daybreak wont reduce the difficulty they should improve the gear.
    Raid gear this expansion is around 6000 - 6500 HP, Group is around 4800 - 5000, when we are talking 21 slots that is a lot of HP that groupers are behind.EOK raid gear was around 5500 - 5700 so the best group gear is not equal to the raid gear from the last expansion, I'm not sure where tradeskill gear comes in this. There is room there to close the gap between group gear and raid gear.

Raiders will always have advantage over group players as long as there are things like eyes, clickies and raid achievement rewards.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Well, i have seen many an app recently to which your description applies.
    Needless to say they're "groupers" again, although now in raid gear (for a while).
    (yes, we give most their chance, had "luck" with some, and drew blanks with others)

On the other hand though, i have seen and know "groupers" that know their class very well - better than some raiders.
    That's because the "good grouper" *must* know his class better to survive in the same content while our raid gear allows for some, or on older stuff very much, slack.

So while your statement is true, i am not liking the attitude that's bleeding through.
    And while generally possible, going by some other of your posts i don't think i am over-interpreting things here.
    And even an idiot will survive much longer in raid gear than in group gear, making things (except dying from stupidity) that much easier for him as well.
    Cloudia and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  20. Rennar New Member

It would be great if people would stick to the topic rather than resorting to personal attacks. Thanks.
    Raid gear isn't the issue either. Even raiders don't usually have raid gear on all their alts.
    The point is that CoTF mobs (or TDS, or TBM, or EoK mobs) shouldn't scale up to RoS difficulty.
    It shouldn't take a full group of 110 players, multiple deaths/wipes, and several hours to do an HA from an older expansion for the collectibles or hunter or progression or whatever.
    Experience doesn't really matter. It makes sense that exp would be substantially reduced for max-level players doing content from previous expansions. It doesn't make any sense for that older content to be as difficult as current content.