HA Scaling

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stageguy, Jan 17, 2018.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

See
    Prathun post

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/ha-what-levels.248045/

Heroic Adventures use the same NPC files for all levels. A scaling system recalculates their levels, stats, spells, and the rewards so that they are appropriate for the level of the zone. The NPCs will recalculate if the level of the highest level character changes. For example: the highest level character leaving the zone, a higher level character entering the zone, or a character gaining a level. The NPCs can technically scale to any level, though the design side wasn't intended to go below level 65. Also worth noting is that as of a recent update the HAs don't scale any higher than whatever the max level was when the content was introduced.

ROS 110 would be max but the older expansions would be lower at lower caps
    PCSS, Gyurika Godofwar and Khaliss like this.
  2. Khaliss Augur

CrazyLarth, so essential it would be highly advantageous to have a level 110 tank grouped with 105s in a Gribble's HA... thanks for the additional info =)
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  3. Gana Augur

IIRC, Gribbles would scale to 100 (I think that was the max level for that expansion).
    Gialana and Khaliss like this.
  4. KrakenReality Augur

Three years later...still not fixed.

Also, nice hidden in the Player Support Forum.
    PCSS likes this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It was fixed, see my links in today's post in bug report forums about the July patch 2020
  6. KrakenReality Augur

Nope, still broken. They might have addressed some issues, but they didn't fix everything.
    PCSS and Barton like this.
  7. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I have said it before and I will continue saying it:

HA Scaling is the worst thing to happen to EverQuest since ... ever. More risk for the same reward is the dumbest formula I have ever encountered in a game.
    PCSS, Barton and KrakenReality like this.
  8. KrakenReality Augur

On the flip side, it's such a good idea to help get people caught up in modern EQ. The implementation is just terrible.
    PCSS likes this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Agreed. And I don't feel there's any hope for a real fix after 3 years and 4 tuning passes.
    PCSS and KrakenReality like this.