HA Scaling

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stageguy, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Stageguy Lorekeeper

The new scaling is ridiculous. You finally open up the game to 110, add great new crafted gear, and screw it all up by scaling up HA's so that nobody can solo them. Not even HA's from 4 expansions back. This is absolutely stupid. Why in the hell would you make expansions released years ago so hard that they cannot be accomplished solo?? Are you kidding me?

Who cares if people can zerg DH HA's? Really, is it that important that they be so hard you need at least 3 people with mercs to effectively clear it? Its old content. If you dont want people running them day after day after day then nerf the xp, not the ability of the player to complete it. It's been like that for years now... I dont know who thought it would be a good idea to change it, but they should be fired.

Not everyone in game boxes with 3 accounts. Some of us like to solo and always have. I refuse to pay for 3 accounts so I guess my days are limited in EQ. If I cannot do anything solo to progress through the Partisan quest lines in the past 4 expansions I will quit for good.

My oldest toon was started in April 2001 and its sad to say that this may be the straw that breaks the camel's back. After having more fun over the past 2 months than I have had in game in a number of years, its all squashed in one patch. I was really looking forward to moving through the more recent expansions solo... finally.

As a SK with over 5000AC it took hours to complete a simple DH HA that should have been a fun hour-ish of play time. I am part of a large raiding guild and the complaints extend guild wide, which does not bode well for DBG.

Fix it or you will lose accounts... I can guarantee that. There are way too many options out there that provide entertainment for gamers, without having to play a game that severely limits a player's ability to enjoy the game solo. If you think this will make veteran players want to pay for more accounts you are wrong. Hell, you already gave us the incredible new conflagrant gear... why continue to play if the difficulty is off the charts and I already have really good gear?
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Basically you'd have a choice here... you either get them hard at 110. Or you get next to no xp with the scaling turned off. CoTF is painfully easy with EoK 105. It would be insanely easy with RoS 110. Expecting to solo it and get awesome XP at 110 is quite frankly ridiculous.
    Stageguy and Chatoyan like this.
  3. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I would be willing to compromise on the xp reward, just for being able to molo progression.
    PCSS, Strumph, Perplexed and 4 others like this.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Now that's a valid gripe. Hunter/progression is now an issue for people. Perhaps an option for HA's - "Do this with scaling vs. without - with a warning that there will be limited experience".
  5. Stageguy Lorekeeper

I said nothing about expecting 110 level xp from a low level HA. I would gladly forego xp to be able to enjoy the game.
    PCSS, Andarriel, Strumph and 5 others like this.
  6. oldandnasty Augur

You missed a choice. People who are upset can walk away and not play EQ.
    Qazwsx likes this.
  7. Goneamuk Journeyman

105 to 110, most classes gain 3% to 10% HPs / mana, dps, AC. Keep that in mind when scaling. EoK added 10K AAs at least. RoS added less than 3k and those were extremely expensive.

Most of eq is about instances - not just adventures, but progression, advancement, and raids. Scaling is a great idea, but there MUST be realistic statistics. Also remember, a 104 mob is light blue to 110, while a 105 is dark blue. Their difficulty is almost exactly the same, so the risk vs reward is completely ignored.

Making instances and achievement impossible will kill EQ.

DON'T KILL EQ! Please undo this disaster.
    PCSS, Catarina Kerr, Caell and 4 others like this.
  8. rigney New Member

Please fix this...The HA's was probably the only reason i managed to get to 105 and start grouping. Without it i would have been stuck in the low 90´s not being able to progress level wise. Remove the scaling and just make the exp suck for people 100-110 range so they are not abused.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Offer me 110 with normal level of exp or level 105 with less reward - hell no exp if you have to, just let us get hunter, collectables & progression finished.
    PCSS, Caell and Stageguy like this.
  10. Toomba Elder

This patch has already seen a small % of the player base disappear, they need to fix this asap
  11. Toomba Elder

Following a ban on players, you guys do a patch that makes casuals want to quit....why is daybreak trying to make EQ come to an end? Is there someone else out there they could hire that can improve the player base numbers instead of destroy them?

Im sure theres someone looking for a job that can change the collective mindset of daybreak from failure to success
    PCSS, Catarina Kerr, Caell and 3 others like this.
  12. Uuvin Augur

years ago when the scaling first started, I complained about it. How it was wrong to force players to have to do progression and collectibles and hunter for old expansions in hard mode. I suggested doing the same thing they did for LDoN's. Have a sliding scale the person can choose difficulty from. If you want progression or collectibles or names or farm specific drops, choose the lower difficulty. If you wanted xps, choose higher. You can farm old DoN missions without the scaling for illusion, shrink, da and invis items among others. They can fix all these problems with that simple solution that has already been in the game.
  13. toodlem Elder

They just don't care. That has been obvious from the get-go. It's really sad. I wish someone who loved the game would buy it outright. The geniuses at DB will likely be glad when they run enough of us off to warrant them shutting down EQ forever. Really pissed me off... I've played since the beginning when Verant was so awful.
  14. Stageguy Lorekeeper

This patch sends a clear message to the casual gamer who plays solo. The days of moving through progression molo/solo are over. I really do not see how this is a good thing for EQ. If enough people quit there will not be enough revenue to support the game, and even veteran raiders or those with 5 accounts lose in the end.
    PCSS, Catarina Kerr, toodlem and 4 others like this.
  15. Rorce Augur

It does seem that the current attitude of game development is one of elitism.

RoS was released as an overtuned expansion. Sure it's doable by raiders, but I'm willing to put money down and say 90% of casual, group geared players will not be able to beat the content until either another level increase comes along, or if the next expansion is easy and provides a huge boost to group gear.

Then, there's yesterdays patch. One mission that was actually doable by a full group of group geared players (Fell Foliage) was retuned to fit the rest of the overtuned expansion.

Then, the half level appropriate content that casuals were able to participate in, HA's, was massively overtuned. I say half level appropriate because other than the XP, the rewards are nowhere near relevant or equivalent to the difficulty.

I've had a lot of casual friends in this game over the years. Some I've known irl. Sadly, very few remain due to things like this. Raiders will not be able to carry this game, financially. I can only hope this trend of elitism does not continue.
    PCSS, Skuz, Catarina Kerr and 10 others like this.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd like to know who did the returning on Fell Foliage and who tested it, what gear they used and what buffs they used.

Were the achievements tested in Fell Foliage? Were they completable with the level of DPS the Cactus and its adds is now kicking out?

As for the HAs as far as I am aware the only HAs that were really undertuned where Gribbles and they have been like that since day 1. Captain Russel Coopers HAs have always been the hardest and are now extremely overtuned.

The whole thing is now a mess, just give us the option to go back and do the level 105 HAs for less reward and put the DPS on Cactus back as it was, the change to the mechanics is fine, but the DPS output is far too high.
    Cloudia and Stageguy like this.
  17. Zhaunil_AB Augur

LDoN's normal or hard is (in short) all i'm saying to this.

There's absolutely no need to make "old things" harder.
    Especially as i am sure that you did NOT, as you should have with this change, introduce new, level appropriate rewards either.
    If the XP (absolute or over time) is found to be too much, reduce it.
    If that wasn't what caused this silly change, state what did so we can put the change into perspective and evaluate it accordingly.

But you cannot expect people to delevel to where their gear+playstyle is finally enough to overcome the "new challenges" just created. Nor can you really expect people to actually group 5year old stuff just to get achievements and achievements rewards they've missed years ago. Nor can you think it's fair that one part of the playerbase did the achievements with lvl100 mobs while the other must do it with lvl110 mobs and several times the DPS.
    This is just yet another example of a "shoot from the hip" change that's (hopefully at least) supposed to be a "fix" for something, while opening up a whole bag of other issues.
    The "phantastic" thing with EQ was that no matter how "bad" your gear or how "casual" your playstyle is, you can eventually outgrow and box or solo it.
    This is now at least no longer the case with CotF - a whole expansion based on HA's, or is it?
    PCSS, Caell and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

You read that Dev's (i think it was Absor) post, where he states that he doesn't play the game but cheats the game, right?
    There's your answer.
    If they did it at all, they did it with GM-summoned gear, GM-invulnerability and the GM-killswitch.

For actual playtesting, they got us - the paying playerbase, even outside of so-called beta periods.
    Because they've turned the whole year into an (unofficial) beta period...
    PCSS, Catarina Kerr and Xapy like this.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

No.
    "no XP" is only acceptable for grey stuff that poses no threat whatsoever.
    Drastically reduced perhaps, in tone with other stuff of the same expansion perhaps.
    But not "no XP" at all.
    Even more so because the amount of XP only SEEMS to be so much in comparison with the reduced/nerfed XP in current and last year's content.
    Last year, before the release of RoS, we'd not have this kind of discussion nor this kind of "fix", even though XP in CotH in general and Gribble's specifically was the same. Why? Because as was pointed out by so many Gribbles suck and "normal" XP was competitive.
    They reduced that XP and decided to give overall XP in RoS, so the same XP in that old content now just stands out even more - and is of course used (note: not ABused!) to death by some people.
    That this doesn't figure well into the plans Dev's have is obvious.
    That this is "fixed" the way it is, isn't as obvious (to people employing what's called "common sense" ).

Have to agree with this though:
    Where is the level-appropriate upgrade of Crushbone?
    I am sure heroic chars don't mind fighting level 80+ D'Vinn on a regular basis, even outside of the revamp season...
    Or the Trainer for his 10AC shield or what it gives...
    PCSS and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  20. Stageguy Lorekeeper

Well, at least one person at DBG read through this thread. Roxxiyy edited my original post to a new title that they want, not what I originally titled it. And also removed some of my text from the original post.

If that is not elitist attitude, I don't know what is.