HA Scaling

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stageguy, Jan 17, 2018.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Regardless of your opinion about my being upset about progression is false, that is the reality. I am unable to proceed in progression in TBS due to the HA scaling change. In one mission, the skulls on the beach have 40 million HPS. You cannot stay in the aura to melee due to the aura hitting for 40k per second. This is TBS. Three expansions old, and the named are hitting like TBS raid mobs.

Someone needs to ELI5 how this is good for EQ. Because from where I'm sitting, this change ended my progression.
    Catarina Kerr and Kaenneth like this.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Agree with the rest of your posts, but slight misconception on this part:
    a) EoK Progression won't help you the least bit with RoS "DoTs" (e.g. from Cacti) but yes you will want it for Gorowyn and need it for Skyfire mission.
    b) you need zero "TDS progression", since progression is partisans and Hero missions. What you need is one mercenary task (i suggest "elemental rage" ) in Drowned Katta, nothing else.
    Gio-Cefalu likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Reverting it back will keep more customers then it will lose by not reverting it back. And I will be around either way but just calling it as I see it. The fix is not worth turning off a large segment of the player population.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Pani, Fohpo and 2 others like this.
  4. oldandnasty Augur

It's bordering on to little to late, for whatever they do now.
  5. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Agreed. Reverting quickly would have been a better solution, then go back and test whatever things they want to try next. I think not reverting it ASAP was all about pride - not wanting to admit it was a poor solution.
  6. Pfaffe Journeyman

To Roxxlyy

This hasn't fallen off of our radar. We've looked into a handful of options to make further adjustments to HAs, but we haven't quite yet rolled anything out from our end. I know this isn't the definitive answer everyone is looking for, but I wanted to take a moment to mention that it isn't being pushed aside or forgotten by any means, and that nothing has quite been finalized here.

From any player point of view there has never been an issue with the missions in the first place until you from DB decided to change something. So why don't you guys just swallow your pride and reverse the changes?

That apparantly would be a smart move for a change.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mordeen like this.
  7. Fohpo Augur

Which is surprising that they are so unwilling to revert the change until they have a better idea. From a business standpoint, this is seemingly a terrible decision.
  8. Fohpo Augur

The thing is, this shouldn't be about pride to begin with - it should be about the games longevity and smart business decisions. Nothing wrong with admitting fault and reverting a change, that's just good business sense. What business wants to swallow monetary losses because of "pride."
  9. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Having never done progression before, I'm going back with my 106 characters and completing TBM progression so I can buy remnants of marks to fill in all my type 5 stat augs, especially on my tank. I did the first few "hail" quests and then ran the TBM HA that gives you the mirror shard. It was terrible. It took me several hours with 3 wipes to accomplish one HA in old content. I can't imagine having to farm these for remnants in TBM HAs over and over (luckily, they are tradable, so I picked up a ton from the Bazaar).

My next step is to complete 1 piece of progression from TDS so that I can begin the EoK progression so that I can get those augs and completing EoK progression which is required to remove the DoT so I can proceed with RoS progression. That is a lot of back-fill progression with scaled HAs that I'm not sure I want to touch. If the scaling stays this way, it would be incredibly time consuming and frustrating to continue playing. As much as I love EQ and have made a push to "get current," I'm not sure subbing 3 accounts is worth all that frustration.
  10. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Just a note, the EoK progression, including the TDS part, does not require you to run any HA's. But there are plenty of things in CotF, TDS, and TBM progression that do.
  11. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I didn't realize that. So I should be able to run through the TDS beginning and then all of EoK partisan stuff to complete progression without HAVING to run an HA? Of course, I miss out on all sorts of augs and gear in EoK if I don't run the EoK HAs, correct?

Thanks.
  12. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

That is correct for progression.

There are four "missions" in EoK (Lceanium, Chardok, Droga, and Kor-Sha), that you can run, but I don't know if they are group missions or HA's. These give 50AA's on the first completion and unlock Hero AA's. The chests in them drop gear, augs, etc, and they have lockouts. You will want to run them when you are able. The progression for Lceanium, SW, FM, and Kor-Sha unlocks those missions.

To clarify, group missions are instances that don't adjust based on level, HA's are instances that do adjust based on level. I don't know if there is a way to tell in game which is which other than just running them and conning the mobs.
  13. Pfaffe Journeyman

The questionable scaling started from CotF up to TBM. So far EoK doesn't seem touched (which obviously will be changed in next patch, because lots in this thread stated that the EoK missions are doable and the weakest of all atm).

Unlike Niskin stated you must do some HA or instances to get through EoK progression.
    If I were you, I would rush to do them asap before next patch and some DBG guy gets his hands on the coding.
  14. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

Where? And please note, not all instances are HA's.
  15. CrazyLarth Augur

16. Niskin Clockwork Arguer

17. Gialana Augur

To complete all group progression in EoK, you'll have to do HAs. But the HAs are all in the mercenary line of quests and are not required to get Essence of the Dragon. Actually, not even all paritsan quests are required for EotD1. There are 2 or 3 in Chardok that don't need to be completed, and you don't have to do the final partisan in Kor'sha labs to get the blocker.

Of course I don't think the EoK HAs should be increased in difficulty just because they aren't required to get EotD1.
  18. Gialana Augur

To progress the first partisan task in Lceanium past the second step, you'll need to do any one task in TDS. I don't know if the missions count (if someone requests it for you), but I've done The Pellarus Saturn before. I've also done the mercenary task where you kill elementals in Katta. The elementals is the one most people recommend doing (you don't have to do both).
  19. Sam Hyde "You're" on ignore

The Pellarus Satum
    (Remember, it's Latin- Saturn would be "Saturnus" in such a case)
  20. Tornicade_IV Augur

oops posted this on the wrong thread

Methods of Sarnak Destruction to get the Dragon essence AA according to a website.
    Pre Req:
    - Achievement: Partisan of Lceanium (Concerned Citizens, Contacting the Leadership, Disappearing Dragons, Sneaky Sarnak)
    - Achievement: Partisan of The Scorched Woods (Digging Yourself Deeper, The Last Grove, Where is Burning Woods?, On Nobody's Side)
    - Achievement: Partisan of Frontier Mountains (Pentalateral Negotiations, Informal Diplomacy, Rocks Boom for Twigslam, Sarnak Among Us)
    - Achievement: Partisan of The Temple of Droga (Corrupt Before the Fall, Purifying the Purifier, Corrupting the Corrupt, Pure Success, Rebellion of the Pure)
    - Achievement: Mercenary of Gates of Kor-Sha (Preparations for Forward Action I, Preparations for Forward Action II, Preparations for Forward Action III)
    - Probing the Fortress, Their Own Medicine, Destabilizing Chardok (from Partisan of Chardok)
    - Investigating the Mysterious Sarnak (from Partisan of Kor-Sha Laboratory)