HA Scaling

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Stageguy, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Galien Journeyman

#MEGA
    Make EverQuest
  2. Galien Journeyman

My original title "Bye Bye Gribble" was changed as well. :rolleyes:
  3. a_gnome New Member

So.. why is level appropiate content scaled as well?

Doing TBM mission 'Fate Rewards the Bold' with 3 level 105 + mercs (don't have the last 2 expansions)

Before:
    [Sun Jan 14 01:15:09 2018] High Bokon Cleret punches a pile of decomposed flesh for 33277 points of damage.

After:
    [Sun Jan 21 10:49:12 2018] High Bokon Cleret punches a pile of decomposed flesh for 38832 points of damage.

What gives?
    Stageguy likes this.
  4. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Haven't you heard?
    People want more of a challenge...
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No we don't!
    Catarina Kerr and Stageguy like this.
  6. Tornicade_IV Augur

I'm gonna repost my rolling damage again for a level 102 HA ( The Descending Tower) on a step 2 task mob both of these were losses . pre patch 8 million hp max 22k. post patch . 14 million hit points with a 35k hit max.
    [IMG]
    Foreman Arnold Sturr on 1/18/2018 in 374secTotal
    --- DMG: 8985543 @ 23279 sdps (24026 dps in 374s) [100%]
    --- DMG to PC: 5945642 @15403dps

and here is with a 106 necro added
    Foreman Arnold Sturr on 1/18/2018 in 172secTotal
    --- DMG: 8200870 @ 40004 sdps (47679 dps in 172s) [100%]
    --- DMG to PC: 5164587 @25193dps

Produced by GamParse v1.5.2.12
    [IMG]
    Skuz, Caell and Stageguy like this.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Oh?
    Well, when reading the boards one could get the impression though.
    Even though it's always the same 5posters or so.

We have to thank that crowd for the expansion that RoS is me thinks.
    And this "scaling" falls in line...

Me myself, i find my "challenge" in current (and past, when THEY were current) raids.
    Even though someone said "there is no chalenge at all in EoK raids", for us there was - simply because our guild does not bring script-breaking DPS to the table.

Group game is the relaxing part for me - if i want "challenge" there, i handicap myself with a lowbie ALT or keep me busy 3-boxing or something.
    And i had fully intended to "steamroll" over some of these old Hero missions in CotF that so far proved to be too much of a challenge to me.
    I couldn't do it in TBM gear, didn't try for a long time, planned to retry with 110 sometime (but after the RoS progression); as it is, those plans i can now scrap.
    There is just no way i am going to bother more than one or two guildies per try to help me through this kind of OLD .
    If Dev's want to make this 5year-old "current", then they should also make the loot/rewards current not doing thing only halfways!
    As it is, nothing but a FULL UNDO will.. well.. do it, for me at least.

I haven't been imaginative enough to think that Dev's could annoy us even more then they already did with releasing of an add-on for a full expansion, with tanking nerfs, DPS nerfs, mana nerfs...
    But they found a way - yay!??
    What is this, i wonder - an internal competition of who drives away most people?
    A concerted effort to drive the EQ-wagon against a wall to finally wreck it and open time for greener pastures/projects?
    A social study to see how much masochism makes up the average EQ player?

Really, the only saving grace right now is my guild and other in-game friends.
    But there's a limit even to that - at one point i might just retire from raiding and go silver again, using EQ for what it is - a chatroom, with swords!
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

10. Xapy New Member

Some of us still rely on old HA's to get Levels and AA's on our Alts, as it's so difficult to find groups for them in a new expansion. Alts progress at a much slower pace by design, cuz Mains come first.

I'm done with XP/AA/RoS Group Progression on my Main, and ready to buy the new expansion on this account now, but I won't. Instead, I'll be downgrading to silver since I know I won't be able to progress it at even the slower pace in this new expansion.

Exploiters (we all know who you are) have ruined this game for the less hardcore among us. You've pissed off the Developer Gods who are no doubt reveling in our punishment. At least they won't be laughing all the way to the bank with my money...
    Strumph and Stageguy like this.
  11. mulila Elder

Due to the HA scaling, people that finally were able to start getting all the collectables, or get the achievments have had those wished tossed. Please set the HA back to the way they were if u want to get ppl to stop abusing them make them give less EXP, BUT please let us try and finish some of the expansions. Some ppl due to RL find it hard to get in groups OR aren't in high end raiding guilds/alliances to have the best of the best gear.
    Pani, Strumph, Egressor and 4 others like this.
  12. Stageguy Lorekeeper

Be sure to leave /feedback in game. It may or may not help but at least gives you another opportunity to express how much you do not like the scaling in the last patch.
    Strumph likes this.
  13. White Draegon New Member

What I want to know,, I can still do these solo as a 110 Raid Warrior ,, instead of 10-11 minutes per DH HA as it was it is now closer to 32-33 minutes per,, Which by itself would be ok if the XP stayed the same , IE I was getting about 10-15 AA per run netting 30-45 and during Double XP even more for the run of three DH HA,, now spending 1 1/2 hours or so to do all three I only get 12 AA total. So not only did they make them much harder but also nerfed the amount of experience returned on them as well..
    Should not have done both ,, Make them harder but keep the XP the same or just reduce the XP no both .
    Caell likes this.
  14. Twange New Member

So what is next, PoP gods are going to be not solo-able at 110? Is the Tutorial going to take a raid to kill? What is the point is making older content hard? This is just illogical. Yes, the HA experience, specifically in DH HA's, was way too good, so that should have been the issue addressed, not all HA's game wide being harder. Are you (Daybreak) intentionally trying to kill Everquest? Why should I have to have a group to do content that is 6+ years old?

When are you going to fix this? I spend a lot of money on this game, and have been a loyal customer since 2000 with Everquest, and as a customer, I am not happy.
  15. alanon Lorekeeper

I quit on 4 accounts, I'll be back if it changes. I'm not going to keep paying while they decide what they're going to do. I was having a blast starting to get through the older content. I've been playing since 2001 and have never been anything but gold. I've been in raid guilds and raided and was hoping to again when rl permitted. This patch really stopped the progression I was doing cold. I never thought a patch would ever cause me to ever think about quitting. I always thought it would be RL or the game ending. I never thought my new levels would make everything super easy just doable. I finally was able to complete all of TDS but it was not a cake walk. Some of us are not uber or are able to group with people with rl time constraints. I looked at EQ as a game you could play at your own pace and be rewarded accordingly. Being mowed down in content I was able to do before the patch sux. after so many tries you just throw your hands up and log off.
    Strumph likes this.
  16. Rennar New Member

In 14 years of playing EQ I have barely ever posted a complaint about anything.
    However, I believe it is necessary to complain about the horrible decision to scale up mobs in old-content HA's to RoS difficulty.
    I don't care about the experience. I am only doing the CoTF, TDS, TBM and EoK HA's for collectibles, hunter achievements, and other achievements. Many of those HA's are also required for completion of mercenary, partisan, hero and other achievements, and for progressions!
    Now, not only can I not solo any HA's, but even with a full group of 105-110 players, we experienced several delays due to multiple deaths and wipes, even while being extra careful.
    I understand the desire to stop people from doing the Gribble HA's in Dead Hills every day just for the experience for AA's. So it's fine to nerf the experience for people over level 100. That makes sense.
    However, wasn't it enough of a disincentive to nerf the experience down to almost nothing?
    Not only is it completely unnecessary to ramp up the mob difficulty to RoS difficulty, but also, it is simply wrong and totally unfair for say CoTF mobs to suddenly scale up to RoS difficulty. At most they should only scale up to maximum difficulty for the associated CoTF zone mobs.
    Please undo the part about making the mobs insanely difficult! Thanks for listening.
    Strumph and Caell like this.
  17. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Challenges are fun - and just brainstorming for a moment it would be nice if achievements were coupled to doing "over the top", older content HA/Missions but in beefed up form. Tie it to some flavour rewards such as appearance or such...

But the above brainstorm set aside - the implementation they were going for (most likely) is totally off and will not help retain the player base we currently have. Making things harder should preferably be a "choice" you can make for content that is supposed to be the base content for the players.
  18. Zhaunil_AB Augur

meh...
    "makes sense" yes (to a point).
    But "is fine" no.

All in all though, i do not even think there was "too much XP". And CotF-HAs as a whole weren't "too easy" either.
    (e.g. i managed to wipe on one of the Bixie's with an ambush on a bridge initially in full EoK raid gear)
    And they'd have another way to reduce "abuse", if there were any, besides nerfing XP: the tasktimer.
    (But then, doing a mission and ticking off all steps i cannot call "abuse", even if i "steamroll" over the mobs)
    But they chose to increase the mobs' power in each and EVERY one, not just the ones people keep bringing up and that might have been the "reason" (still guesswork since there was no statement on the why even until now).
    So what would happen to me in the HA i mentioned above? Yes it was a rhetorical question and no, i don't want to even just try.
    Casting out the devil with the Beelzebub...

Honestly, i think you're being much TOO polite here.
    There can't be a "please" for me in this - only unconditional surrender.
    And THEN we can talk about a "Marshal plan" to get things back in tune the way all parties can be happy with it.
  19. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Just to make sure:
    Yes, challenges CAN be fun.
    (everyone defines "challenge" differently though, and i am not always actually looking for a "challenge" but more for an opportunity to relax)
    And NEW(!) achievements to do old content at beefed up strength could indeed be a viable and "fun" way to re-use old content.
    Just as long as we're not talking existing achievements here,
    i.e. old Hero's or OLD "Challenger" type achievements - those, and the content that's needed to beat them, should be left alone - period.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You are a raider your challengers come from doing raid content & achievements.

Group content should be achievable by group players, forget what raiders are capable of and concentrate on the level of gear, experience and knowledge group players have. Group content shouldn't need gina triggers and they shouldn't need a raid gear tank to be able to complete missions.

If Daybreak want to make NPCs hit this hard, they need to close the gap between raid gear and group gear.
    Skuz likes this.