Enforced Raid Rotation Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Machen New Member

Yeah we had plenty of breaks on Fippy too, and not all by TL.
  2. Glistarian Augur

Wow, it really is just like the old days. Doing the right thing far too late when you should have done it from the start, just like Classic!
    Simone, Mezrah, Barton and 1 other person like this.
  3. Machen New Member

Hate to sound like a broken record, but based on what they've said, doing it now makes TLP 10 and Quarm almost certain to never exist. If they take the time now to instance TLP's instead of making a new live expansion, then live will probably die off--it is on the ropes already and this fall's expansion/campaign will be critical. If live dies, Everquest ends as a product and the servers shut down. If that happens then there will obviously be no TLP 4.0, 10.0 Quarm, or anything else ever. Progression does not make enough money to sustain the whole franchise so they can't put all their dev eggs in this basket.
    Necromonious and Stewgottz like this.
  4. Jezzie Augur

Have to ask Zaide on that, I certainly don't remember any agreement to a rotation by either guild, maybe when EoE were just starting to hit the raid scene?
    I thought EoE just dominated and Faceless left the game/company for a brief period before returning to Test.
    There were many discussions about what the raid rules were, and it would flip flop between FiF and dps race.
    EoE certainly didn't have any agreement with LoGA . They didn't need one.
    Simone likes this.
  5. Vaclav Augur

Dunno, I was gone at the time, but Zaide's PMs he sent to me sounded like they were basically rotating, shrug.

From an ancient PM from Zaide:
    The except for TF makes it sound rotationy. But then again I've seen the videos of obvious nonsense that happened between them.

I also know early on (before I had to bail for health reasons) Zaide and Damdor were planning to discuss rotation stuff. (I was part of the pretalks - but if anything really happened later, I got kept out)
  6. Machen New Member

Roshen --

What does DBG see happening on Kunark (or later expansions) launch?

The most recent history on the last round of TLP's was in DoDH when we were forced to accept a rotation before the first Master Vule kill, barely three days after the expansion launched and before anyone had even killed him once.

Is DBG going to insist on a rotation agreement in place for Kunark immediately at Kunark launch, or will you all allow a free for all period?
  7. Groans Augur

its pretty sad they can forego the "talkings" and just fix the issues. Lets play this out then guys.... because this goes exactly against what Holly said. people who cannot compete for the target do not deserve a shot at the target unless its alot of people and its costing us money, then we will do all kinds of crazy work arounds except the one that will fix this all :)

This is far far a worse solution forcing people to take turns on a mob. they could easily fire up that instance forgotten cryps and just place the raid boss in there for folks that are keyed for it. its just a bunch of silliness going on if they cant simply switch the graphic and stats of the boss in there..I mean come on look at the anniversery quest... your telling me they cant fix this issue??

They can, they just dont want to look stupid and tell the customer he was right all along.
    Barton likes this.
  8. Jezzie Augur

Pretty sure Damdor was totally incapable of holding up any part of an agreement, we all know that history.
    Found the quote I was looking for

"In retrospect, Vulak went through the same woes that Fippy is having now, only months ago. We should have tried to intervene more at the height of Vulak's issues, but felt the community would be able to work it out. That was our mistake. One we do not want to repeat."
    Simone likes this.
  9. Gythlen Augur

When did you change your mind? I'm curious, unless I'm misunderstanding your first thought on this, then your new post on the subject.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ted-legacys-raiding-proposal-rotation.225246/

10. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

More or less they are choosing to violate their own policy of utterly refusing to get involved in any disputes over spawns. Even going so far to state that there are no longer even a first in force or first to engage rules.

DBC needs to stop givng these servers special treatment. If you are going to involve Guides and GMs in any disputes on the TLP servers then it should be for all disputes and fpr.all servers or not at all. There is no excuse for this to be just for these servers or just for raids.
    Machen likes this.
  11. Fastdefense New Member

This is a joke... I'm not in TL but if they are willing to wake up at 4 am to kill a mob and no one else is, then so be it..... You are taking the competition away.
  12. Risiko Augur

This whole thing make me laugh. Here's what will happen...

1. Raid mob XXX spawns
    2. Guild 1 starts showing up because hey, they are on the rotation for this kill
    3. Guild 2 shows up and is like, oh I thought it was our turn
    4. Guild 1 calls a Guide....
    5. Time passes
    6. TL walks out of the dungeon with phat lewtz slung over their shoulders
    7. Guild 2 looks at guild 1... did that just happen?
    8. Guild 1 again tries to call a Guide
    9. 12 hours later, a guide contacts guild 1's leader and says, sorry we can't respawn raid mob XXX for you. We're only guides.
    10. Rinse and Repeat
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  13. Progress Augur

100% classic. I love it.
  14. Diemond Augur

This is the easiest format I can think of for both ease of keeping track of and being fair to all that are able to kill these targets so i'll keep it short. The guilds and days listed are examples only details can be worked on once agreed to and days selected, for this example I am assuming 5 guilds are able to kill the targets.

Monday Ageless Ascension
    Tuesday Reign of Insanity
    Wednesday Reign of Eternity
    Thursday Apokalypsis
    Friday Twisted Legacy
    Saturday FFA
    Sunday FFA

Since the spawn times of all the bosses were decreased it is highly possible of seeing at least 1 spawn every day each day is set from 12am to 12am (time zone decision can be made and agreed to by all easily since it still gives 24 hours no matter what time zone the rotation is set to).

Once the mob spawns you have 3 hours to mobilize and kill the target 3 hours is more than enough time to take your time clearing and preparing for any mob in the game, if target is not killed after the 3 hour period it becomes FFA, if you wipe during the attempt it also becomes FFA.

If at some point in time more than 5 guilds are able to kill the targets the days can be split into 12 hour slots allowing for up to 10 guilds onto the rotation. The weekends can be added into the rotation and if needed days can be split into 12 hours for each guild which would let a maximum of 14 guilds onto the rotation though I doubt we'll ever see that many guilds ready for these targets before an expansion is opened. Guild time schedules can be taken into account for which 12 hour slot works for them best and paired with another guild that can do the other half of the day.

There is no need for any GM or Dev involvement in keeping track of this schedule all you need is the ability to remember what day is yours and be able to attempt it within the 3 hour time period. This rotation also does not favor any guild at all as each one on the schedule is given the same amount of time on it and the same opportunities to take down the target that spawns on their day.

Being added to the list would be just a matter of showing that you are able to kill at least one of the main raid targets.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. Vaclav Augur

As long as it's varied by target it seems like something like that would be the quickest and simplest. Otherwise people would be overloaded on one day and bored all week. (Although maybe keep the FFA days for all spawns - a couple days of chaos for those that like chaos instead of daily chaos with a given target)
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  16. Diemond Augur

Any target that spawns on that day that guild gets first shot at for 3 hours, doesn't matter if all the targets do, their day is their day. With the exception of weekends those are FFA on all targets. Guilds can do a pass on targets they know they can't kill and open it up for FFA on that target until they are able to kill it
  17. Machen New Member

That makes no sense at all when you have a bunch of different targets with different respawn timers.

It is in no one's interest for a mob that spawns at 12:01 AM to be allowed to sit there all day until 11:59 PM to be killed either, (except the guild whose turn it is, to manipulate the repop system.)
  18. Diemond Augur

I guess you missed where it says they have 3 hours to engage it or it becomes FFA then.
  19. Machen New Member

I didn't miss it. Why give all the targets to one guild on the same day? If you have vox, naggy, cazic thule, and inny all respawning on tuesday, wouldn't it make more sense to have different guilds get some of them?
  20. Diemond Augur

As I said this is the most fair and easiest format to keep track of. Anything else just starts complicating the rotation system and could show a bias toward another guild. Every target has a chance to spawn everyday now.