Twisted Legacy's Raiding Proposal - Rotation

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Abracadabra, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Abracadabra Augur

Twisted Legacy 's proposal on offering a rotation to the following mobs:
    • Cazic Thule
    • Innoruuk
    • Lord Nagafen
    • Lady Vox
    We did not add Sky to the rotation due to the complexity, respawn rate and difficulty of the zone.

Rules of the proposal:

1) The suggested raid rotation is as follows:
    • Guild A
    • FFA - Guild A is ineligible (Guild B and C will be eligible) to contest this FFA period.
    • Guild B
    • FFA - Guild B is ineligible (Guild C and A will be eligible) to contest this FFA period
    • Guild C
    • FFA - Guild C is ineligible (Guild B and A will be eligible) to contest this FFA period
    • Rinse, repease
    Edit for clarity - this is on an individual per mob basis.

2) When it is your turn, you have 1 hour from when it spawns to engage. If its up after a server crash, you have 1 hour from when the server comes up to engage it. If you fail to do so the mob will become free for all in which the raid mob becomes open for any guild to contest.

3) All guilds are welcome to join the rotation, in order to be added to the rotation your guild must be able to kill Lord Nagafen on a FFA day.
    • The stipulation here is we all need 24 hour notice that you will be attempting Lord Nagafen on that day. On that FFA day, all guilds must give the attempting guild 2 hours to kill Lord Nagafen. If after two hours on that day it is not dead, it becomes FFA for any guild to kill. (Note the 2 hours is only for guilds giving 24 hour notice on the day in which they would like to attempt Lord Nagafen)
    If successful in killing Lord Nagafen, you will be added to the end of the rotation.

4) This rotation must be mandated and monitored 100% by a guide or a GM and enforced if broken. It is DBG's responsibility to inform the leadership of the guild that is next on the rotation.

If you have something you'd like to add or discuss, please feel free.

Sincerely, Skyp
    Guild Leader of Twisted Legacy
  2. Vaclav Augur

Sounds like a solid start - thumbs up.
    Simone and Rhiyannon like this.
  3. Lateryn Augur

The twist on the FFA is cool.

Not sure ignoring sky is doing to work. Since its considered raid targets and will be included by DBG.

The "It is DBG's responsibility to inform the leadership of the guild that is next on the rotation" is silly. They said they will step in if needed(which I am going to assume means if rotations are broken) but they are not going to help with structure or tell guilds when its their turn.

Create a webpage or doc and have each guild update their stuff. It's not like you do not track every spawn/kill time already.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  4. Abracadabra Augur

I unfortunately will not be putting any kind of leg work in updating a spreadsheet for any other guilds as I feel it is not our responsibility to inform guilds of their place in the rotation. If DBG wants a rotation, they will need to put in the necessary work to ensure it works. I am not an employee of DBG.
  5. Sebbun Augur

I like the idea of FFA being structured that way too.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Honestly - should he be willing, I'd suggest Jain for it - often such things were run by the owner or admin of the server forums for the servers that did them, I believe. (Besides Stormhammer's oddball case which had a website SOE managed)
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. Lateryn Augur

You don't need to inform other guilds. It's their responsibility to know when its their turn and when a mob is in window etc.

All you do is make a page/google doc and each guild updates it for their guild via leaders/officers.
  8. Tweene Augur

The problem with your proposal is it caters to your guild instead of being fair to the rest of the server. You're entire proposal just allows you to steal mobs. Furthermore it wasn't even a discussion that we had, you were just their telling us how you want it to be. Due to your greed we will wait for GM enforced rotation.

Melveny - Apokalypsis
    Elricvonclief and Barton like this.
  9. BestReleaseNA Augur

Seems decent, still think its beyond pathetic people actually want raid targets handed to them. But hey why not? Nothing makes me enjoy a game more than having someone else do the work for me.
    Nickatropolis likes this.
  10. BestReleaseNA Augur

You want a gm rotation because you cant compete. Good news is, DBG doesnt believe competition is part of EQ anymore so you might actually get what you want.
  11. Tweene Augur

I'd prefer them to turn the switch red and you can then experience real competition.
    Deadlyne likes this.
  12. BestReleaseNA Augur

I would love this. If Apoks performance is any indication of their skill, you would get destroyed even harder. I mean lets face the facts, you basically never do anything right. Not sure how pvp would make it better for you.
  13. Constellation Augur

It sounds good.

A guild shouldn't be able to lock down a target until they kill it. Is this dependent on # 4 though?
  14. Tweelis Augur

Let's just say for the sake of argument that the players do come up with their own agreement. How about you write your own proposal and present it to everybody? After that have all interested parties provide input until a reasonable document that's fair to everybody is settled on.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  15. Elkay Augur

Raid rotation doesn't solve the problem of people that want dedicated raid times each week (those are usually 2-4 hour windows certain days of the week, which mobs may not even be ready to pop during).

TL will probably get most of the targets still. Are there even any other "24/7" guilds?

I'm not saying it negatively toward what's proposed. It's just reality that raid rotations don't solve the "scheduled raid" problem.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  16. MaestroM Augur

I actually really liked where you started. My additions are in blue, my subtractions are in red.

It's very likely that targets will die pretty much the moment they spawn. But with the weird variance in, I wanted to make sure that guilds that don't mobilize as quickly a bit of a better chance to form up, clear up, and give the target a shot. If DBG agrees to remove the variance this would go away as well. Also, newer guilds will have to take a shot or two at the target before they're pros, so I included a wipe allowance.

Point 5 is absolutely essential here. It grants standing to everyone on the server regarding changing this plan. Just because a guild is not in the rotation does not mean that won't ever be, and the terms of the rotation enforcement should be agreed upon by everyone (guild leaders maybe a good proxy?), not just those who are currently raiding/in the rotation, for reasons that should be obvious.
  17. UltNec New Member

Would you prefer FiF/FTE on spawned mobs and DPS races on socked mobs? Because as far as I know, that's basically how it is right now and you have nothing. I hear a lot about how guild's like Apok getting attempts at mobs and failing before TL takes them. I doubt that GMs are going to give you anything better than what is being offered. TL is the biggest and current leaders. I feel like they are offering much more than they need to.

FiF and FTE on spawned mobs is fair enough already and people are butt hurt because they don't want to have to get to spawns in a reasonable time frame.

With 3 guilds in the rotation, Apok has a reasonable shot at 1/3 of the targets. What more do you want?
  18. BestReleaseNA Augur

Raid rotation doesn absolutely nothing but destroy competition. The simple fact is there are several other guilds with equivalent numbers to TL and atleast one other guild with as much time. These guilds repeatedly lose because they make tons of mistakes. Instead of rethinking their strategies and working on improving players, they will now just sit around and wait for raid boss handouts.
  19. Tweene Augur

I spoke to TL, once I didn't agree to their terms they rage left the chat.
  20. Groans Augur

Guild B C D E F and G all move to EQ2.. server is yours now... have fun!
    Rhiyannon likes this.