Enforced Raid Rotation Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Roshen Brand Manager

Starting immediately, we’re asking guilds and players to talk to each other, and create their own raid rotations. However, we know trying to enforce a raid rotation can be hard without enforcement. Beginning on Monday, July 27, 2015, Guides will be available to handle situations that guilds can’t work out on their own… and the dev team is prepared to provide support in any extreme situations.

You can contact guides in-game by using /guidehelp .

Find out more about enforced raid rotations coming to Ragefire and Lockjaw in the post here.
    Fallfyres, Zujilli, Greymere and 4 others like this.
  2. Marthisdil Augur

So - how will you guys enforce it? What if the guilds in question can't come to an agreement to nail down a rotation?

Will DB be getting involved in saying "guild X has this zone this day, guild Y has this zone, etc" or...?
  3. Darth Augur

As the Guild Leader of Faceless on Lockjaw I want it to be known we already have a rotation.

So I'd like a bit more information on this other than what was provided.
  4. Warrior007 53 61 74 6f 73 68 69

There is a rotation currently on Lockjaw.

We've effectively got every raiding guild on a 1-1 rotation, with an equal amount of FFA cycles.

This is our rotation, for public record.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qC2aU9J137Lf9tSpe5F-zuiNEZd6WVT-XmYpmXCIbmc/edit#gid=0

A meeting will be arranged either Saturday/Sunday to rehash the agreement with the new changes.

Should any guild be interested in participating in these talks, feel free to reach out to me (lockjaw.Gulfein - Modest Man), or any of the other leaders (lockjaw.Darth - Faceless), (lockjaw.Yukan - Ascended Darkness)
    Zieri likes this.
  5. Sadsong Elder

I don't see how this is going to work.
  6. Hateseeker Augur

Has anyone considered that non-raiders will see this as a form of bringing back PnP but for raiders only? *I* am not making that complaint, I am just telling you what's coming.

Welcome news on the raid scene, though what happened to the "competition" Daybreak supports?
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  7. Marthisdil Augur

Also - what zones will this be enforced in? the 3 planes? naggy/vox/phinny? with kunark - open world dragons?
  8. Iila Augur

Congrats RF players on being such awesome people!
  9. Vaclav Augur

Holy... Talk about timing - I'm sitting here debating quitting today - of which a decent part because of such that this would address...

Now serious questions on the topic though as it applies to how the "rotation" has been set up on Lockjaw:
    a) Right now as it stands the means for entry into the rotation is a bit... challenging to say the least for guilds that don't care to be antisocial to other players. (basically it involves KSing a normal mob, clearing Sky in 3 hrs, or competing for those mobs in a race on FFA days [which generally involves "socking" + "DPS racing" - so basically two things many find distasteful and a third that was tough pre-changes and post.... is laughably impossible (it might get revised though I'm sure, still ludicrously hard with any Sky attachment)]

Is a reasonable, drama-free, means of entry to the rotation required for a rotation to be considered valid?

b) Additionally are "FFA days" an allowed thing in a rotation?

c) What qualifies as a valid guild for joining a rotation? And what circumstances are allowed from barring people from getting a fair shot at joining the rotation?

d) Can caveats like "You must kill your spawn within X hours of it popping or else it goes FFA" be applied to such rotations?

e) What content does this apply to - LJ rotation ignores anything that's not a single boss as "not raid/rotation-worthy" (and not even all of those - Yael and Phin are ignored) for example, whereas some still consider Hate and Fear trash and Y & P raidworthy.

Because while we have A rotation on LJ that works for the top three - it's fundamentally unapproachable for any of the serious guilds that aren't as willing to deal with DPS racings, 24 hr potential raid availability, etc.

Would be good to clarify early on how encompassing these rotation agreements are intended to be from the get-go.

This is a good step towards some sanity on the raid level - but it needs more meat to really do much.
  10. Marthisdil Augur

Vaclav - that's the current rules on the rotation on LJ. However, DB hasn't said about how they would enforce things, or make it easier for people to try, or what.

We're waiting for their answers.
  11. Sadsong Elder

This post raises so many questions.... How will this be enforced? If a guild is on the rotation and can't handle the target, can another guild take the target.. Which guilds can realistically kill the raid bosses.. . Is this like the top 5 guilds? questions, questions, questions.....
  12. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Let the /popcorn commence!
  13. chris_the_mage Augur

such a vague post, with server transfers opening up in one week from today.

wow, you might want to go into a bit more detail there roshen
  14. Grish Augur

Haha, classic
  15. Destroying Angel Lorekeeper

Welcome to EverCare(tm): babysitting jerks who can't display human decency.

Kudos to DBG for listening. I hope this tend continues.
  16. Vaclav Augur

I'm aware Marthis, that's why I made the in depth prod - pretty sure I covered all the stuff that feels weird compared to the rotations I'm used to with my post and the intent was to get all the bases covered.

Because if they're thinking it's something like an Stormhammer rotation or some of the old server rotations (EMarr I think got mentioned?) it's a far cry from those ATM - it's better than nothing - but right now there's 2-3 potential guilds interested in joining that are fundamentally barred due to the large hurdles placed to bias it towards 24h availability guilds.
  17. Elkay Augur

[IMG]

Roshen / DBG -

Is this intended to be a band-aid until the Dev team has time to work on expeditions for the raids? This is effectively doing the same thing, except there's much more babysitting involved by DBG, and much more potential for drama.
  18. Zublak Augur

They're wanting the Guild leaders to step up and come up with this. They're not laying out a structure for you. However, if the Guilds are unable to compromise, than the GM's will be brought in to assist them with this.

I would imagine if Guild B can't kill Naggy, and Guild A already had their turn, than Guild C would be up to the plate and so on. If Guild B is in the rotation, they should get at the least 1 hour to kill the target, or say 2-3 tries. If they can't handle it they lose their place that week. If they continue not being able to take down the target they get removed from the rotation until they can prove they have the numbers/skill to do so.

But yeah, it's time for leadership to work something out. If not than you will see DBG (assuming) step in and create a solution.
  19. Roshen Brand Manager

Raid rotations are working for guilds on Lockjaw. To get more info, check out the post that was made about the same time you made yours.

Fallfyres and Elkay like this.
  20. Hateseeker Augur

I'm really concerned that Daybreak hopes that this announcement by itself, with no further clarification, will cause players to answer these questions on their own, and they won't get involved with such details unless forced to. By all rights, so long as any rotation at all exists, regardless of how inclusive or exclusive it may be, the parties to that rotation could say "well, they said one needed to be devised, and sure enough we have one, so we'll sit tight with it until Daybreak says it's not acceptable".

BTW, I'm not judging the current rotation, I'm just saying that I am concerned Daybreak will hold off on these details to see if this announcement works miracles by itself.
    Elkay likes this.