Enforced Raid Rotation Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roshen, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Vaclav Augur

Of course...

It's just another version of fixing that requires less effort - for practically the same net result. Two options, barely different results.
  2. Realitycheck Elder

Yup. The issue is they can't do the same thing in reverse. There's no equivalent policy they can institute that creates instances; they'd have to actually put in the (extensive) work that it requires to change that.
  3. Vaclav Augur

Not denying the work might be tricky to do right. Nod. (Heck when they did the preannouncement my suggestions of instancing included suggesting they wait til WINTER for releasing the server - to take their time and launch it with everything "right" instead of the extended beta as it is)
  4. Machen New Member

This is incorrect. What we did was not cascading. The GM staff investigated thanks to numerous petitions submitted by people who weren't involved and didn't understand what we had actually done, and apparently concluded that we had done nothing inappropriate because they never contacted us to ask us to stop doing it, nor did they take any actions against anyone's account.

There were people who were suspended for cascading earlier in Fippy's life though iirc. It was always something we were careful to avoid.
  5. Heilena Augur

Not reading all 21 pages. So maybe someone already said it.

With this rotation, couldn't a pick raid none guild affiliate be allowed on that rotation? Seems like that lets the none cockwhore guilds have fun without instance zones.
  6. Hythos Augur

Some of the things that drove me away from EQ, was over-running of raids.
    I camped out in Fear, waited for a Shissar to spawn, and had my own teams ready to go. The problem I repeatedly experienced, was when the A__hole guilds on the servers found out about it, and over-ran my raid. Happened with the Shissar, with the named Priest-NPC in Neriak 3rd gate, happened many other times (Arch Overseers on Bristlebane were the biggest offenders; I have names & screenshots still, if anyone cares).

Rotation is not going to help. GM's won't be immediately available to officiate (and shouldn't need to be). It's the nature of EQ. The Thugs of Norrath will always prevail.
  7. Barathrum Augur

Seems like a ton of work /tell this person update this doc on this web site....... Is this a job / IRL or is this a video game where we should have instanced raid content do you realize what you just typed... if this was 1999 I agree 100% BUT ROFL...... This turns the mess into a bigger mess and the joke into a bigger joke..... Either turn the content into raid instances or the server will die and everyone will quit minus the few try HARDS...... Really we have how many hoops to jump through to kill dragons.... Web sites / /tells in game talking to guides WTF............................................... WTF WTF WTF ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? REALLY????????????????????????. WTF WTF WTF ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? REALLY????????????????????????. WTF WTF WTF ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? REALLY????????????????????????. WTF WTF WTF ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? REALLY????????????????????????. WTF WTF WTF ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? REALLY????????????????????????. WTF WTF WTF ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? REALLY????????????????????????. WTF WTF WTF ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? REALLY????????????????????????
  8. Gishmail Journeyman

I am assuming the thread into regards to the official rotation has been deleted. But I'll say what I have to say here. I've read all of the nonsense that has been slung between people, but mostly the complete disrespect and absolute childish and greedy behavior of Twisted Legacy.

First of all, labeling these guilds that aren't Tl, Apok or Rosen "crap guilds" is absolutely disrespectful in every way. You're putting down and entire guild of people for no reason. Just because they choose not race you or deal with the absolute ridiculous amount of drama this server has already shown in the raid season does not make them crap. Also, how would you know whether or not they've killed a Gatekeeper? Do you watch everything they do? Most of these guilds you're calling crap guilds spend every day almost in Hate and Fear farming armor and killing these minibosses.

I cannot believe how selfish and entitled you have shown yourselves to be. You've had this expansion on lock since the server opened. Early on you were locking these down with your mage armies. While you got more 50's you start pulling the mages out and started killing these in the way they were meant to be killed. You have also gotten to farm these bosses with the new rapid spawn rate for about a month. Now that DBG has stated there would be a rotation put into place you guys act the way you're acting? What nonsense! No one is saying your guild is or was not the best. But to continue wanting all of the raid mobs to yourself is selfish in every way. For you to argue about accomplishment isn't even an argument. This is your second TLP that you've mostly dominated. So you've already accomplished this once. You already accomplished it again here. All you want to do is block anyone else from getting to actually enjoy the other part of this game. It's a different day and age fellas. EQ always had race effect to it and it still does. A rotation does not take that away because you still have FFA days and everytime an expansion unlocks you can race to be the first and lock down the targets until other guilds catch up and then create a new gatekeeper and then see who is able to be put into the new rotation.

All you have done is act negative to this entire thing. You're acting like it's the end of the world. To sit here and say that your guild is ruined and people are leaving is a joke and no, not no one is going to take you serious. Everyone knows how shady your guild has proven itself to be. If you actually believe for one minute people didn't see your alt guilds coming than you are sorely mistaken. Toxic is did not leave the guild because you couldn't lock down 95%+ of the spawns anymore. I'm sure him along with almost every main in TL have about every bit of loot they can get from these bosses. Thraka has mentioned in another forum the amount of mages he had sitting back and access too. DBG isn't as dumb as you think they are. When Kunark, Velious, Luclin and so forth come out, you can't tell me these people will not be back in TL where raid force is again necessary.

So I'll end with saying this. Quit being greedy. Allow other people to experience the game beyond group content. You've had months of almost uncontested spawns. You still get to kill these, you still have 2 FFA days, you still have a chance to FFA when a guild fails there 3 hour mark. This game does not revolve around the few hundred TL players. There are other people out there, many more people than just you. DBG sees that and they want them to have a chance too. You've already proven no one can beat you. If anything all you have shown by the slander you've tossed here is exactly how greedy and disrespectful you are and make an even worse name for yourselves. It's no one wonder DBG has to step in. How many threads do you see about TFO, MM, AD? None, because they respect other players in this community. They understand its a game. They don't have the disrespectful attitudes that you have. There's a reason people say what they say about you. You bring it on yourselves everyday. And I hope DBG doesn't allow your alt guilds into this rotation because it's blatantly obvious what you're doing.
    Zublak and Kegwell like this.
  9. Zublak Augur

It's stickied at the top now, but well said.
  10. whylie New Member

Machen you don't have to lie about that anymore. Others have already admitted to you guys cascading instances and cheating to get ahead. (Its the same thing Triality did back in UF and got suspended for...) Just because they chose to not punish you because they didn't care about the Fippy Darkpaw server doesn't mean it wasn't cheating. Congratulations on getting away with it. You're not the first and your won't be the last. And I find it hard to believe they never contacted you or told you to stop doing it because they specifically told us not do that.