Do paladins stink in current eq?

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by lucienne, Apr 19, 2017.

1. p2aa Augur

If that's the case, aka they remove all Harmonious spells be it AE or not, then I'm against any harmonious change. There is no reason that warriors are left with one new ability in this new expansion, while the knights keep 2 + new abilities (assuming paladins loose their harmonious which they don't care to keep it seems).
    Single target Harmonious is the first quick reuse passive self healing ability for warriors (the best part of this ability for me is the heal, not necessary the hate produced) and given knights have matched warrior mitigation baseline, nothing wrong that warriors get some self healing small cake.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

They could just remove the hate component.

Bam warrior self healing not impacted.

The hate component is what causes the problem, so that really need be the only part that is changed. The healing/dps aspect in regards to the others isn't sufficient to be a problem.

Then SK would have stronger single target (from the lifetap)
    Warriors would have some degree of self healing
    And Paladins could do their job without harmonious hate piss in in their cheerios
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Change up an spikes absolutely. Loss of aggro completely .. yeah right. alliance aggro show's the lesser tanks .. vs those of us who know how to build maintain and hold aggro ..

I've named myself, and my guild you can CHECK anyone in my guild if you wish to verify what I am speaking of.

Who is YOUR main , what guild are YOU in .. an let me see allow me the SAME courtesy I've extended you ..
  4. Chaosflux Augur

It might also reveal your DPS classes are not optimizing their useage of abilities. I mean if your DPS classes were as transcendent as you are saying your tanks are, wouldn't you have finished the expansion earlier then what was it 7th or 8th?

IDK something doesn't quite check out.
  5. p2aa Augur

You think you act with courtesy ? Saying others tanks suck ? Must be this, all exceptionnal tanks are in Reckless Ascencion, and others raids guilds have bad tanks. That's very comical.
    Either your DPS are using their alliance carefully to not use them on raid boss that memblur, either they aren't trying hard (especially your monks), or either you have been lucky to not get a fulmination procing on a boss that memblurs.
    I'm done with you on the subject btw.
  6. p2aa Augur

The hate component of the warrior single target harmonious causes problem to no one. It's single target aggro. There is no reason to remove it. It's like asking to remove the hate of Valiant Defense, but keeping the healing mod.
  7. Phrovo1 Augur

implying RA still has monks
    Whulfgar likes this.
  8. Chaosflux Augur

Explaining my logic
    If one hate component stays then they all have to stay.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

So your not revealing who your main is or what guild they are in .. Got it ..

your words carry less now..
  10. Whulfgar Augur

RA operates from a 3 day a week raid schedule, we do not add what so ever. Could we have finished the expansion sooner ? Very probably. Next expansion launch we will rank higher, of that I am 100% sure of.

Even with out adding raid days to our schedule.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

You realize you made a statement with nothing to back it up, or show that it was true. In that same statement directly minimizing all other tanks.

Your words don't carry well either.

There are a handful of reasons why your tanks might not have problems but others do.

1) DPS infrequently using alliances in comparison to other guilds
    2) DPS not playing aggressively to begin with, so the hate bump not that big of a deal
    3) consciously avoiding alliance use on mobs that blur
    4) you are just exaggerating personal experience

Also lastly you do realize that the guilds that finished before you generally raid 1 maybe 2 days a week and not 3? Now they may raid on lockout during progression, but thats just what you do when you are racing through content.

If you aren't willing to do what it takes, well be glad you finished where you did.
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Oh you mean like the other poster did when after quoting my post, did not speak on a single topic I said, rather then that just tried to troll me ?

Gotcha ..
  13. Whulfgar Augur

I know for a fact I do not lose agro to alliances going off for any classes in raids nor grp content . Agro spikes ? Absolutely. am I able to recover from that spike an lock it back down ? Absolutely. Have I seen other tanks in RA do the same as I do ? Absolutely.

If you feel or any other tank feels minimized because I speak off my own personal experience in raids .. Sorry for ya .. I've given my name and my guild, Go ask my guildies yourself. SHAME .. the devil if you can ..
  14. Whulfgar Augur

If other tanks want to hide behind your handle on the thread's while talking all kinds of garbage .. and other tanks such as my self give name an guild for ANYONE.. to verify if I am flat out lie'ing or not .. whos word shall we actually listen to ?

The person whos giving ALL information, that can easily be verified ?

The person who hides behind a handle on the forums, scared to give out his / her name and guild so we can verify what THEY say via THEIR .. raid members ?

Should be common sense .. one would think ?
  15. Triconix Augur

I've lost aggro momentarily from harmonious when I wasn't expecting it to proc so quickly. It wasn't a big deal, but to deny that it's not a slight annoyance to suddenly see aggro spikes like that would be a downright lie.

Every single warrior in the guild has mentioned it at some point also.

And I don't hide my identity at all. You know where to find me.
  16. Chaosflux Augur

INB4 Someone says your opinion doesn't matter because your magelo hasn't been updated in 2 years.
    Triconix likes this.
  17. Phrovo1 Augur

your opinion doesn't matter since you haven't updated your Magelo in 2 years :p
  18. Triconix Augur

Lol, but I've saved $50.00!
  19. Whulfgar Augur

This is what i've been saying. Any warrior, with any actual knowledge of the class can handle it. As Tirconix said .. its not a big deal.
  20. Chaosflux Augur

Touche