Dev: Camp Rules on TLP

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by druidporta123, May 10, 2015.

1. Aneuren Tempered Steel

If they refuse to back off this insane dps contest idea this isn't a terrible idea, as long as the lockouts are very long. But wouldn't it be easier to adapt the overflow instances?
  2. zekreject Journeyman

i like the 2 server suggestion
    the 'hardcore' and the 'carebear' server.
    i don't mind being in the carebear one if it means i have a chance to see end game raiding without 'socking
  3. Greymere Augur

issue with overflow versions of zones is once the mechanics for creating one are learned it would be subject to abuse. Used late in the current iteration or even introduced after the next expansion unlocks less so.
  4. Aneuren Tempered Steel

It's hard to abuse the overflow mechanic because it doesn't seem to be tied to the amount of dead enemies but rather the amount of players in the zone.

It'd be very hard to artificially inflate zone numbers to spawn multiple instances in this fashion.

I also think that number is a bit too high and represents an inaccurate picture of how many mobs 1 player or 1 group can kill efficiently. But having said that, a higher number makes the system less susceptible to abuse.
  5. Greymere Augur

two servers just means the griefing guild that was being beat by the better griefing guild would move over, I'd rather see them compete against one another and retain the largest population on one server possible or you end up with 2 underpopulated servers later on.
  6. Vaclav Augur

Indeed - I'd propose this so the carebear would be tolerable but still competitive though:
    Carebear server opens with Kunark to start and has some form of raid instancing for Classic (grouping instanced if necessary - hopefully it wouldn't be necessary though). Once Velious opens, Kunark becomes raid instanced in some form, etc.

That way while competitive people can still be competitive, they can't impact those that are willing to stay a little behind.
  7. Greymere Augur

any mecahnic tied to something a player can control is subject to abuse and piling players into a zone is a pretty simple method for doing so.
  8. Taledar Elder

I think there are going to people select people who troll all day every day and people are going to quit this server. Dont spend any money on this server yet gents, wait a few months before you spend money and then just quit. I hope this server lasts, i really do.
  9. Vaclav Augur

Well the easiest fix for that is to just have X (say 3) copies of a zone up full time instead of being tied to players. Just it funnels new arrivals appropriately and they can /zonepick a new one if they need.
  10. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Well let's look at the numbers.
    75 players is the number I think I would start with for LGuk. So you'd need 75 bodies before an overflow instance spawns. You'd need 150 bodies before a second overflow instance spawns. 225 for three. That's a lot of zone-stocking for only 3 instances. LGuk has several desirable camps but it isn't the only zone that folks will be camping for specific drops. I completely understand the abuse concerns but I don't think three overflow instances when you have 225 players is such an extensive number as to be a real source of concern.
  11. HarperQuinn New Member

Made a cleric on the Beta server Tuesday evening. 15 minutes later, a toon that conned red to me made it a point of following me around Qeynos, killing any mob I engaged and saying "laff" when he did it. I was looking forward to playing on this server but now have no desire to do so. I'll just stay on live.
  12. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Really sad that such a thing would be happening on the Beta server.
  13. MBear Augur

If that one instance would be that big of a problem for you, this probably wouldn't be a server you would enjoy anyway. It won't always be like that but there will be plenty of it. I had someone doing that without the laughing to me yesterday too. Just follow me around and engage what I do. Luckily they were my level so it wasn't quite as bad.
    I actually wondered at some point if they thought I was in their group or something.
  14. Lekkric18 Elder

Hopefully when a high level character means hours and hours invested as opposed to a simple /betabuff people won't be wasting their time like this. There will still be all kinds of crap going on at higher levels, but straight-out griefing just for and giggles like this will be rarer.
  15. HarperQuinn New Member

My time may not be valuable to anyone else, but it is to me. If someone signs up just to play on this server and has to deal with this sort of garbage from level 1, why on earth would they want to continue to play here? It might have been someone who isn't even going to play when the server opens, but it also might have been someone who knows they can do whatever they want with no repercussions. I chose not to /betabuff even though I could have. Obviously this person just wanted to be a jerk.
    Indrigoth likes this.
  16. Genoreaper Journeyman

You have no clue.... this is EXACTLY what happend with fippy and vulak, what the top guilds used as their arsenal to grief people in their way is now 100% ok with PnP, it will be abused 10x as much. The people that suffer for this are the casuals/playnice players, and GL getting your epic, every SINGLE one of those camps will be locked down for 2 exansions, start farming that plat and cross your fingers you can buy a .

Furthermore, this TLP server isnt the only thing DBG is completely up, these cuts affected Landmark, which they have already changed and made worse,the most recent patch took all complexity out and made crafting so simplistic its not even part of the game anymore(and this is on a Building tool game) All hopes of EQN being even decent is out the window, they cant deliver.... Forgelight, the engine they chose to use is already dated and they know it, they are trying to get as much money from the EQ fanbase before people start to figure it out.

I would suggest, if you don't like these new changes, is to not sub.
  17. Aneuren Tempered Steel

Let's not be all doom and gloom. There will be things to do once the server hits live. It'd just be nice for DBG to provide some in game support and to change their revision to the PnP to guarantee the success of something they are already putting significant resources into.
  18. Genoreaper Journeyman

The TLP fans were clear, before the 3.0 server was even a thing, that there needed to be specific changes made in order for a TLP to actually work, DBG just ignored all of it...

say 2000 people sub for just 1 month before rage quitting, $$$$$$$$$$$$ free money in their eyes, DBG put in no work.
  19. Bigbear Augur

well i think they should just let this be a PvP server now and just sit back and watch the fireworks. with the go ahead of DPS WINS EVERYTHING policy the ks'ing and training will be endless and then you cant attack the other people just doesnt seem fair.

i hope those that play on the new server have fun next week. me and my wife have decided not to play there since all i can see for our time is a lot of cursing at the computer because of some stupid freaking jerk(s) messing up our play time
  20. Roxxanna Augur

Your always going to have that sort of infantile behavior, even on the live servers it happens. We just have to police it ourselves. We have ZERO tolerance for it in our guild, I have kicked people for it. And on the reverse, we once had an as*hat grieving one of our members who happens to be handi-capped, one word from me in guild chat had us surrounded by more guildies than I could count......griefer apologized, then killed himself trying to train us, then begged me for a Rez which I graciously provided. I have high hopes that the poo-slinging will end quickly and the server will stabilize itself.
    Aneuren and Greymere like this.